Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    AlwaysBackwards is offline Registered User

Re: Coach Of The Year Why Not Spags ?

Let's not forget Jack Del Rio! lol I'm rooting for Spags but Jack Del Rio is definitely flying under the radar!

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

ok after yesterdays disappointing beatdown I am going to admit that I may have cast my vote a bit premature and that maybe I should have waited.

Pape is offline Registered User

Coach of the year nominees should be:

1) Bill Belichick, New England - (12-2) yes I know everybody hates him and the Patriots, so I dont want to hear it. With that said, 12-2 with a team that a) revamped an offense 4 weeks into the season that got even better b) went from the oldest to youngest defense in the course of one off season. Thats great coaching.

2) Mike Smith, Atlanta - (12-2) Has put together a solid team, that despite its success is still somewhat under the radar. Im impressed with how far the Falcons have come this year.

3) Todd Haley, Kansas City - (9-4) Working in tandem with Scott Pioli, Haley has helped direct the revitalization of a floundering franchise. Going from worst to first by adding vital pieces to stabilize the Chiefs both on the field and on the sidelines. Good job all around imo.

4) Andy Reid, Philadelphia - (10-4) Bold moves from the man in cheesesteak town. Made decisive moves in the offseason to forward the direction of the Eagles instead of stagnating for another year with Donovan McNabb, which the Eagles would have done under.

I cant think of any others that would pique my interest if I were voting on the CotY award at this point.

A lot of people have said Spags should be the coach of the year. He has done a good job turning the Rams around. But lets face it, playing in the NFC west and having a 6-8 record so far, its not enough. And Im sorry to say, the possibility of having an 8-8 record does nothing to inspire me as to his worthiness. The Rams are still too inconsistent. He's taken the franchise a step in the right direction, but is it truely Coach of the year worthy at this point? Let Spags take two steps forward and put a boot to the neck of the other NFC teams and yes, you can talk about CotY, but not now.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

In no particular order....Mike Smith, Raheem Morris, Jack Del Rio, Todd Haley, Spags.

Or they can be lazy and hand it to Belichek.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123