Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    macrammer is online now Registered User

Coaches On The Hot Seat

NFL.com has a bit posted today regarding coaches that are "on the hot seat"
    Mentioned about 10 teams with nary a mention of the 1-14 Rams. Is this due to the fact that Spags has a high degree of respect around the league and it does appear a woeful talent challenged team has not given up on him. Or is it nobody really expected the Rams to do anything this year anyway so too early to really put Spags on hot seat. Or, a combination of both. Thoughts?

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Re: Coaches On The Hot Seat

I'd say that's a pretty fair assesment. I don't think anyone would have thought this team would have even been .500 this year with the injuries and the problems Spags inherited from the past regime. I will say that I think deserved or not that if this team doesn't win atleast 5 games next year that the seat may begin to get warm for him though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rammiser is offline Registered User

It's his first year why would he be on the hotseat already? He inherited a pile of junk. One year is not enough but of course there should be improvement next year.
    Just Fix It

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by makersncoke View Post
    I'd say that's a pretty fair assesment. I don't think anyone would have thought this team would have even been .500 this year with the injuries and the problems Spags inherited from the past regime. I will say that I think deserved or not that if this team doesn't win atleast 5 games next year that the seat may begin to get warm for him though.

I would agree on both counts. Spags essentially gets a free pass this year based on what he inherited, low expectations and him successfully keeping guys together during the most difficult of times. Less than 5 wins next year changes things considerably- no way can we accept yet another year of the most brutal football imaginable.

macrammer is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    It's his first year why would he be on the hotseat already? He inherited a pile of junk. One year is not enough but of course there should be improvement next year.
    Mangini with the Browns, Morris with the Buc's and Mora with the Seahawks were all mentioned in the hot seat and all are 1st year coaches for their respective teams.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    Mangini with the Browns, Morris with the Buc's and Mora with the Seahawks were all mentioned in the hot seat and all are 1st year coaches for their respective teams.
    Mangini's a bad coach, Raheem Morris was a guy who was a defensive assistant this time last year who was then promoted in house twice in one offseason-his coaching performance indicates that he was definitively not ready for this job, and the Seahawks were supposed to contend for a division title.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Mangini and Mora were also not rookie head coaches. Mora was even with the team last year. I think all three of those are more on the hot seat because they think the team wants to make a radical change, more than the performace of the coach. I the Rams were sold, I wouldn't be overly shocked if Spags was released. But then again I don't see either happening soon.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Ehhhhhh, I have a lot of respect for Spags simply because he beated those Cheatriots with a well disciplined Giants defense but to be more realistic, I expect him to give us at least 4 wins next season. I have a lot of faith in the guy and I don't think going through a coaching carousel will solve our problems. IMO, I think we should best stick with him for two more years and reserve our judgement then.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Steve Spagnuolo will go down as coach of one of the worst teams in NFL history. Sure, he's a rookie HC, but its time after one dismal season, that he be held accountable. The Dallas Cowboys' former head coach Jimmy Johnson also began his NFL career 1-15. Johnson had the vision to make drastic changes and quickly returning the Cowboys to contenders again. Spagnuolo will have to reavaluate his position, being a first year HC is no excuse, going 1-15 is an embarrassment. Yes, SPAGS is on the HOT SEAT! Starting today he'll need to focus on the things that will turn this team around, and quickly. The Rams are a reflection of their record, it seems that Spags couldn't stress the importance of taking care of the football, coming from a defensive background more of a developement should have progressed for the Rams, in this area, as the 2009 went along. Just like Jimmy Johnson, Spags will need to get the guys in here who will get the job done...Or else, the RAMS will have to get the right Head Coach in here!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Trevor is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    Steve Spagnuolo will go down as coach of one of the worst teams in NFL history. Sure, he's a rookie HC, but its time after one dismal season, that he be held accountable. The Dallas Cowboys' former head coach Jimmy Johnson also began his NFL career 1-15. Johnson had the vision to make drastic changes and quickly returning the Cowboys to contenders again. Spagnuolo will have to reavaluate his position, being a first year HC is no excuse, going 1-15 is an embarrassment. Yes, SPAGS is on the HOT SEAT! Starting today he'll need to focus on the things that will turn this team around, and quickly. The Rams are a reflection of their record, it seems that Spags couldn't stress the importance of taking care of the football, coming from a defensive background more of a developement should have progressed for the Rams, in this area, as the 2009 went along. Just like Jimmy Johnson, Spags will need to get the guys in here who will get the job done...Or else, the RAMS will have to get the right Head Coach in here!
    Lol..... Why should spags be on the hot seat? This team is horrible, even worst than Jummy Johnson's Cowboys.... And the amount of injuries? You have got to be kidding me... There is so much you can do with a team maybe 2 years isn't enough, maybe they'll do better next year? But who knows, maybe the same thing will happen next year with all the injuries?

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Lol..... Why should spags be on the hot seat? This team is horrible, even worst than Jummy Johnson's Cowboys.... And the amount of injuries? You have got to be kidding me... There is so much you can do with a team maybe 2 years isn't enough, maybe they'll do better next year? But who knows, maybe the same thing will happen next year with all the injuries?
    I don't think Spags is on the hot seat in the sense he could get fired this season but he is going to be starting next season because there has to be improvement,no question about it,another 1 or 2 win season is not acceptable and as far as the team being terrible he knew that when he took the job and if the same thing happens again next season as you mentioned there will be people jumping off the top of the Arch.

Al_B_Badd is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Lol..... Why should spags be on the hot seat?
    If some people on this board have their way, he'll be on the hot seat for bringing in Vick. It's all a big conspiracy. Prove you are incompetent by hiring Vick, and then get fired.

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Let us not forget that several of the losses this season were by one score, and came down to the final seconds. I would say that this is already an improvement from last season. If the Rams can do a better job of executing the big plays that they didn't this year, they might just bat .500. That would be a big enough swing to keep him around.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MOM View Post
    Let us not forget that several of the losses this season were by one score, and came down to the final seconds. I would say that this is already an improvement from last season. If the Rams can do a better job of executing the big plays that they didn't this year, they might just bat .500. That would be a big enough swing to keep him around.
    not so sure I agree you MOM, I think we will see improvement next season but I really don't see much thats different from last season.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Can't be on the hot seat. He's got a big bag of crap to work with. Can't blame him. None of the guys on this team would be on other teams. They'd all be practice squad players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast