View Poll Results: If you are Stan Kroenke who do you call first?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bill Cowher

16 53.33%
  • Tony Dungy

4 13.33%
  • Jon Gruden

7 23.33%
  • Brian Billick

1 3.33%
  • Steve Marriuci

0 0%
  • Other (Please list who)

2 6.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Coaching Carousel Poll

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Coaching Carousel Poll

Let's do a hypothetical scenario to branch off my thread I posted yesterday. You all got my take on who I want to be the next Head Coach of the Rams. Assuming our worst fears are answered and this continues and we keep tail spinning, who do you want to be the next coach of the Rams.

Bottomline: You are Stan Kroenke, who is the FIRST person you are putting a phone call out to to finally bring wins to the STL.

The obvious about this poll, is it assumes that all these coaches would come here, so no responses "theres no way theyd come here." Its all hypothetical.

Thanks for answering. I want to see who Clanram wants and if anyone in particular is a fan favorite.

My vote, obviously, is for Jon Gruden.

Coaching Carousel Poll-article-1120462-005e02e900000258-34_468x540.jpg
    Last edited by THOLTFAN81; -10-04-2011 at 06:01 PM.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Coaching Carousel Poll

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    Let's do a hypothetical scenario to branch off my thread I posted yesterday. You all got my take on who I want to be the next Head Coach of the Rams. Assuming our worst fears are answered and this continues and we keep tail spinning, who do you want to be the next coach of the Rams.

Bottomline: You are Stan Kroenke, who is the FIRST person you are putting a phone call out to to finally bring wins to the STL.

The obvious about this poll, is it assumes that all these coaches would come here, so no responses "theres no way theyd come here." Its all hypothetical.

Thanks for answering. I want to see who Clanram wants and if anyone in particular is a fan favorite.

My vote, obviously, is for Jon Gruden.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	article-1120462-005E02E900000258-34_468x540.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	2656
    Gruden is a great choice but the first call has to be Cowher, how would some of these guys like to come off the field after a holding penalty or another dropped pass and having that jaw stairing at them, now all they get is the Spags love tap and thats ok get them next time.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Really doubt we can get Cowher or Gruden unless Kroenke offers a $40-$50mil deal for them to coach us.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

I rather have Marriuci then Gruden, and i dont want Marriuci one bit.

Gruden took a team built up by Dungy and destroyed it while trying to build his own team. Having lived in Tampa i saw it all first hand.

In no way am i wanting Spags gone(yet). i want him to finish out the season at the least. Im not one who believes in firing a coach midseason.

If he does get fired during the offseason, Somehow landing Cohwer or Dungy would be good choice out of the list.

Dont know who else is out there for the taking, and to soon to tell.

I know its all hypothetical and stuff.

GO SPAGS!!!!!!!! BRING SOME FIRE TO THIS TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ZiaRam likes this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

If Spags is gone, I gotta go with Gruden. Make a mistake, I dare you Salas.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Maybe we can get Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy to interview as well. Okay, maybe that's a little too cynical. Rather, I have serious doubts that any from that list would be interested. Having said that, to show that I'm always one for a good hypothetical........Tony Dungy everyday, and twice on Sunday.
    Tampa_Ram likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Maybe we can get Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy to interview as well. Okay, maybe that's a little too cynical. Rather, I have serious doubts that any from that list would be interested. Having said that, to show that I'm always one for a good hypothetical........Tony Dungy everyday, and twice on Sunday.
    Per NFL Network:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...out-to-pasture

Jason LaCanfora begs to differ, describing on around the league that there will be many people interested in the Rams open head coaching job due to the fact that we already have a franchise QB in place. I really could see Jon Gruden coming here, considering he is always GUSHING about Bradford. However, I realistically couldn't see Cowher or Dungy coming out of retirement for the job, but who knows.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Bill Cowher? The same guy that insisted that Kordell Stewart was a real NFL QB and did everything he could to prove it to everyone while his team suffered? That Cowher?

No thanks. You can keep the chin.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

TylerBishop is offline Registered User

ROB RYAN! change the defense to a 46 D and let's go.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    In no way am i wanting Spags gone(yet). i want him to finish out the season at the least. Im not one who believes in firing a coach midseason.

If he does get fired during the offseason, Somehow landing Cohwer or Dungy would be good choice out of the list.

Dont know who else is out there for the taking, and to soon to tell.

I know its all hypothetical and stuff.

GO SPAGS!!!!!!!! BRING SOME FIRE TO THIS TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I feel the Exact same way...
    and wth? not Dick Vermeil? I miss that guy!!!
    anyways I don't know if I'd go with Cowher or Gruden since I love the chin and the chucky look and him yelling in that one clip" Are you outta your mind?, Are you outta your skull....?" lol Think I would lean a bit towards Gruden with him being more Qb offensivly minded with Bradford but think Cowher would do well with him as well like his last year with Big Ben.
    THOLTFAN81 and Tampa_Ram like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    I feel the Exact same way...
    and wth? not Dick Vermeil? I miss that guy!!!
    anyways I don't know if I'd go with Cowher or Gruden since I love the chin and the chucky look and him yelling in that one clip" Are you outta your mind?, Are you outta your skull....?" lol Think I would lean a bit towards Gruden with him being more Qb offensivly minded with Bradford but think Cowher would do well with him as well like his last year with Big Ben.
    Yeah, Gruden played QB at Dayton, and looks like he really loves working w QBs based on the espn special he gets every year with the incoming draft picks. Hopefully he won't be doing that this season, because he will be in Indy scouting as the new HC of the Rams.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    Per NFL Network:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...out-to-pasture

Jason LaCanfora begs to differ, describing on around the league that there will be many people interested in the Rams open head coaching job due to the fact that we already have a franchise QB in place. I really could see Jon Gruden coming here, considering he is always GUSHING about Bradford. However, I realistically couldn't see Cowher or Dungy coming out of retirement for the job, but who knows.
    I don't see where LaCanfora disagreed at all. He said the job may be intriguing because of Bradford and a weak division. But I doubt that would be enough to pull out any of the former HC with the exception of maybe Gruden.

But hey, if Chucky's your guy, then maybe you'll see it happen.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Rambos is online now Registered User

Yeah lets make the change now and bring in a new coach, Then we can spend the next three years turning over the roster so the new staff will have the player they want. Then when we are struggling we can say lets get a new coach and start the process all over again.

I'm not a big fan of changes coaches and staff and all the players... every three years or so...

Spags and Billy have put this team together, I still believe in the LONG term direction of this team.

That being said am I happy with the play this year Hell no.

The lock out hurt some teams and we are one of them.. changing coordinators takes time and we just did not have enough time. We are playing a lot of rookies and young players and they are making mental mistakes.

I'm going on record saying Spags has until the end of next your before he should be on the hot seat, If we stink next year then I would say that's enough time... IMO

PARamfan is offline Registered User

Voted for Dungy only because I think it's more of a viable possibility than Cowher.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Hypothetically, what if we did not assume the worst case scenario and spend the whole bye week fantasizing about ex-coaches who might or might not come out of retirement if the remaining 3/4 of the schedule were to go badly?

My vote goes to continuing to support our current head coach in the hopes that he can light a fire under these guys and get them competitive. We're four games into the season. It's still way too early to be dreaming of the off-season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast