Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bruce4life is offline Registered User

coaching is the number one reason why we suck....

look at all of the 1-3 0-4 teams and their coaching staffs...
    THE BEARS...
    they changed defensive coordinators from player friendly ron rivera to lovie friendly mike babich i believe and the bears defense has played poorly all season...
    THE CHARGERS...
    going from mardy ball to crappy ball with norv( i cant coach to save my life) turner are looking like duds instead of superbowl contenders...
    THE RAMS...
    our beloved team has gone from nfc west division champs hopefulls to the league's laughing stock...

WHAT DO ALL OF THESE teams HAVE IN COMMON???? THE COACHING STAFFS SUCK IT GOES TO SHOW YOU THAT COACHING DESERVES A LOT MORE CREDIT IN TODAY'S N

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Re: coaching is the number one reason why we suck....

Anyone know where I can send a postcard to Rams front offense to let them know how I appreciahate the state of the season? been saying it for awhile now but the team is a dud, emotionally, pathetic in play execution, play selection and all and all a disgrace to "professional" football.

Is it Linehans doing, I would say a good 80% of it anyway:\

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    look at all of the 1-3 0-4 teams and their coaching staffs...
    THE BEARS...
    they changed defensive coordinators from player friendly ron rivera to lovie friendly mike babich i believe and the bears defense has played poorly all season...

THE RAMS...
    our beloved team has gone from nfc west division champs hopefulls to the league's laughing stock...

WHAT DO ALL OF THESE teams HAVE IN COMMON???? THE COACHING STAFFS SUCK IT GOES TO SHOW YOU THAT COACHING DESERVES A LOT MORE CREDIT IN TODAY'S N
    Lovie Smith...the same Lovie Smith that took the Bears to the Superbowl last season?

The 2 things the Bears and Rams have in common are INJURIES.

general counsel is offline Registered User

i am not saying the offensive coaches are having a great year, but just out of curiosity, when it was a 7-7 game today right before have, was it the coaches that failed to tackle romo when he was 40 YARDS behind the line of scrimmage and we still let him run for a first down? that play completely changed the game and it might have been the worst defensive play in the history of the team. PURE EXECUTION. not a coaching issue.

There is a limit to what you can do with talent and we cant field a functional offensive line at this point.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    i am not saying the offensive coaches are having a great year, but just out of curiosity, when it was a 7-7 game today right before have, was it the coaches that failed to tackle romo when he was 40 YARDS behind the line of scrimmage and we still let him run for a first down?
    What a silly question GC. Of course it's Linehans fault. He hired Haslett, who did not properly prepare our defensive players for the game or teach them how to tackle and pursue.

I hate to pile on Linehan, but another area where he has been abysmal is his choice of team nutritionist, who has obviously failed to make sure our players got enough milk to drink, resulting in a lack of calcium, leading to the multitude of broken bones. Simply unacceptable.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

The problem is that the Rams just don't look ready to play and that is Linehan's fault. They look slow and unable to get anything consistent going on offense, and on defense, we can't get any kind of pressure with our front four, and if we blitz, we give up a pass because we can't cover for longer than a few seconds. Admittedly, the biggest problem I saw out there was Walls pretending he could play football. We shut down Owens alright, but Crayton killed us! And when it wasn't him, it was Witten. Maybe it is the players not being able to execute on defense, and something isn't clicking on offense, but I blame the coaches for not doing their jobs in getting us ready for the games and not calling good plays.

To follow on tekerams point, did the coaches sign walls to be a starting corner? No chance. Did the coaches cause brown to test positive. Did the coaches get wroten to test positive. did the coaches injure tye hill? we are clearly improved on defense, not great, but certainly better. The pass rush stinks and without a pass rush, anyone is going to be in trouble coverage wise, let alone a team missing BOTH of its starting corners.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

To follow on tekerams point, did the coaches sign walls to be a starting corner? No chance. Did the coaches cause brown to test positive. Did the coaches get wroten to test positive. did the coaches injure tye hill? we are clearly improved on defense, not great, but certainly better. The pass rush stinks and without a pass rush, anyone is going to be in trouble coverage wise, let alone a team missing BOTH of its starting corners.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    So when, pray tell, does it become the coach's fault? For all of the posters who use the "it's not his fault" defense blanketly, it sounds to me like they have no control over anything their team does. If that is the case, why are the Rams wasting money on employing a "coach" in the first place? They might as well just have the players decide what to do on their own.

No one said that the coaches are doing a good job. The point is that many of us are responding to the assertion that its MAINLY the coaches fault or even completely the coaches fault. There is plenty of blame to go around. I dont believe that there is a single coach in the nfl that is going to cause this offense to perform to the level we would all like with all the injuries on the o line, plus the injuries to bulger and jackson. Can we do better? Of course.

Sometimes its just bad luck that you lose and its not necessarily anyones fault. I will say that the turnovers in the red zone in the earlier games and the HUGE fumble by dante hall in the sf are absolutely NOT the coaches fault and the talent we have on the field is not quality at the o line.

put it another way. Lets say we went into the season with all these injuries, knowing that all these guys werent going to play. What would your expectations have been for the season?

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

No one said that the coaches are doing a good job. The point is that many of us are responding to the assertion that its MAINLY the coaches fault or even completely the coaches fault. There is plenty of blame to go around. I dont believe that there is a single coach in the nfl that is going to cause this offense to perform to the level we would all like with all the injuries on the o line, plus the injuries to bulger and jackson. Can we do better? Of course.

Sometimes its just bad luck that you lose and its not necessarily anyones fault. I will say that the turnovers in the red zone in the earlier games and the HUGE fumble by dante hall in the sf are absolutely NOT the coaches fault and the talent we have on the field is not quality at the o line.

put it another way. Lets say we went into the season with all these injuries, knowing that all these guys werent going to play. What would your expectations have been for the season?

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Wow, a sane, reasonable take on the teams woes. Great post GC.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I would have dramatically lower expectations, and probably anticipated that the team would be 1-3 or 0-4 at this point. On the other hand, I would have expected the team to not have been so completely out of the game each week. In other words, I would have hoped and expected that they could at least put up a fight. That hasn't happened the last two weeks. (And I would have wondered what the injured quarterback was doing running around on the playing field).

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

The abysmal performance exhibited thus far can probably be shared by the entire team/organization.

It is hard to know what Linehan could do with a healthy team although he doesn't seem to be able to rally his troops.

The play calling may be Olson's job but I'm sure he and Linehan have meetings to discuss plans of non-attack and the players can't seem to execute whatever game-plan there is.

The players are the ones missing tackles and turning the ball over. Maybe the game plan is not preparing them sufficiently, maybe they are out of position to make the plays, maybe there is a lack of desire/focus.

The number of missing starters whether due to injuries or stupidity (ie:suspensions) isn't helping whatever chemistry there may have been.

We definitely had greater expectations for this team, but now we have to go 8-4 just to break even. The only glimmer of hope is that we are still only 0-1 in our division.

As long as our guys haven't given up and we start getting some players back we can still be the dark horse in the race.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

snackdaddy is offline Registered User

The only way we can win a few games this year is if we stop playing "prevent offense".

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

So when, pray tell, does it become the coach's fault?
    Simple.....when they are given the same talent as their opposition and they STILL consistently lose, it becomes the coaches' fault.

However, that hasn't exactly been the case this year. On the offensive (in every sense of the word) line, we have 3 street FA, a 4th rounder who was within an eyelash of being a street FA, and a re-positioned underachieving 1st rounder who has as much luck at holding his stance as a dried-out, heroin-addict with Parkinson's. Couple that with an injured QB, injured RB, and a street FA FB.......nothing is going to work out.

Receivers are now irrelevant, because there's no time to get the ball to them. Can't run because defenders are on top of the carrier in the backfield. All because there's no O-line to stop the defense.

That then carries over to the defense as they spend so much time on the field, they have nothing left for the 2nd half.

Has Linehan and Co. done a stellar job? Nothing to write home about, but you can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh.............well, you know.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

itsguud is offline Registered User

The simple fact on this matter is that Linehan is not RESPECTED in the locker room as a coach.

First yes we have injuries, why? I would venture to guess that players really aren't working as hard during practice and therefore aren't prepared for the actual games. This also flows into my second point which is that, it is COMPLETELY obvious that the Rams are not prepared for games. If you look at it our team gets beat out and loses every game this season so far in the second half... can you say "more tough practices with endurance?".

As for the legal issues. If we had a tough and respected coach then we wouldn't need to worry about this so much. These kinds of issues only happen when you have a coach who allows this without reprecustions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast