Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: coaching is the number one reason why we suck....

The simple fact on this matter is that Linehan is not RESPECTED in the locker room as a coach.
    I'm curious how we know this......fact.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Remember when every loss was Martz's fault? Fans enjoy accessing blame for everything they see go wrong.

Little isn't playing well this year. Who's fault is that? Little's. Pure and simple.

Truth is offline Registered User

Here's where I find fault with the coaching staff and/or Front Office:

- Players out of position on a relatively consitant basis. This is a coaching issue. It doesn't take talent to be in the right spot, or to know where you're suppose to be.

- Poor tackling. I've seen terrible technique. Tackling can be taught. If the player doesn't want to learn or execute, it becomes a personnel issue.

- Talent and skill assessment. This has been an issue for some time. This even pre-dates Linehan. However, under the current regime we seem to be lost and unable to assess and use the talent we have properly.

- Salary cap management. Do I really need to say anything here?

- Game Planning and Game Adjustments. It sometimes appears we haven't even looked at who we are playing. What's more frustrating has been our inability to adjust our game plan properly.

- Mental attitude. This is not all on the coaching staff. But I believe that's where it starts.

- Drafting and Free Agency. This is a huge issue. This also pre-dates Linehan. We have been slowly but steadily losing key players and talent since 2000. You can't keep everyone. But to constantly lose not only top talent, but team leaders and motivators is unacceptable.

There's more, but you get the idea. As for the players:

- Mental attitude. We've lost our outspoken TEAM leaders. Those that should be leaders are either more concerned with their own stats, or too quiet and laid back. We need some passion. This is largely a lathargic group.

- Poor tackling. Do we know how to hit and wrap up on a tackle? Arm tackles might have worked in High School, but this is the NFL.

There's plenty of blame to go around. That includes injuries. However, we could easily be sitting at 2-2 on the season without some of the problems listed above.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

live4ramin is offline Registered User

All of you may also have thought it, but in the third quarter somewhere I said to someone they;re looking for a reason to quit. And they did. Just turned off the switch. They also formed a conga line taking themselves out of the game. Like rats jumping off the ship.

I have to wonder if the players agents are suggesting to some of their clients to sit the rest of this thing out. You can't detect a groin or mussel pull.
    Let the hype begin.

LA2STL is offline Registered User

I'm a firm believer that sports teams take on the character and personality of it's coaches/managers. Clearly this Rams tean has taken on Linehan's dud personality. Can someone please get Schottenheimer on the phone?

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    look at all of the 1-3 0-4 teams and their coaching staffs...
    THE BEARS...
    they changed defensive coordinators from player friendly ron rivera to lovie friendly mike babich i believe and the bears defense has played poorly all season...
    THE CHARGERS...
    going from mardy ball to crappy ball with norv( i cant coach to save my life) turner are looking like duds instead of superbowl contenders...
    THE RAMS...
    our beloved team has gone from nfc west division champs hopefulls to the league's laughing stock...

WHAT DO ALL OF THESE teams HAVE IN COMMON???? THE COACHING STAFFS SUCK IT GOES TO SHOW YOU THAT COACHING DESERVES A LOT MORE CREDIT IN TODAY'S N

...climbs onto soap box....

It is never proper to say that your teams sucks...I don't care if it is the Rams, your JV-high school football team, your chess team, your synchronized swimming team...the people that you work with collectively on a project...whatever the team....it isn't right.

....steps off of soap box....

Regarding the coaching, the play calling is terrible. I can tell you that the players are frustrateted with the plays that are called (cannot share this source) for offense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    ...climbs onto soap box....

It is never proper to say that your teams sucks...I don't care if it is the Rams, your JV-high school football team, your chess team, your synchronized swimming team...the people that you work with collectively on a project...whatever the team....it isn't right.

....steps off of soap box....

Regarding the coaching, the play calling is terrible. I can tell you that the players are frustrateted with the plays that are called (cannot share this source) for offense.

Okay, while we can figure out for ourselves who Captain Bligh is.... we might need a hint as to ascertaining the identity of Fletcher Christian....

I tend to concur when it comes to verbalizing about the team. I might be frustrated, irritated, and/or disappointed but to say they "suck" is tantamount to giving up on them.

I don't know how many teams could fare much better given the same situation. Like they say, "if it weren't for bad luck we wouldn't have any luck".

I am still trying to figure out who "they" are....:\
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsanddodgers View Post
    Okay, while we can figure out for ourselves who Captain Bligh is.... we might need a hint as to ascertaining the identity of Fletcher Christian....

I tend to concur when it comes to verbalizing about the team. I might be frustrated, irritated, and/or disappointed but to say they "suck" is tantamount to giving up on them.

I don't know how many teams could fare much better given the same situation. Like they say, "if it weren't for bad luck we wouldn't have any luck".

Totally agree. Venting is one thing but coming straight out and saying they "suck" is another, as is the 0-16 stuff.

Some strange 'Facts' being bandied around here too. None of us know what's happening in the locker-room, simple as that. Whilst I can imagine there will be frustration as the season unfolds and some unhappy players, claiming that the locker room has given up in a bit of a reach.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsanddodgers View Post

I am certainly frustrated and disappointed...and I was mad after the game. I sat in the 100 degree temperature near the field....I dropped a pretty penny to go to Dallas, tickets, hotel, etc, so I certainly had more than just a passing fan interest in the outcome of Sunday's match-up.

Never say suck!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12