theodus69 is offline Registered User

Coaching is the reason our players are hurt?

Aside from Bulger , who will be gone soon if we don't sit him and let Gus take over,The injuries is our big reason for the downhill spiral, coaching has nothing to do with that.
    If bulger is hurt(worse than he already is) then yes that is a coaching mistake. TAKE HIM OUT!!!!!!!!!!. But the rest of the injuries are mishaps with no coach control.
    We are now the Door mat of the NFL and it looks like the mat is gonna get worn well.But to blame this all on coaching? Nah , don't see it! This team is in bad shape and I think a top Pick in the Draft would be a great op to trade down and yes get at least 2 pick's in the top 20( as mentioned by AV in another post).The season can't be salvaged, But next year could be a rebuilding year and hopefully we can start on the way up.
    I had so much hope this year but that seems to be gone now. And the fact that for the last couple of years , this team has been close to the playoffs, Yet would not advance even if they made it, Has kinda showed me that this time was coming.
    We need to rebuild and replenish and it is gonna take some time.
    Maybe a new coach is coming , but i can't let this all fall on the coaching staff!!!!!!

I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

RealRam is online now Registered User

Re: Coaching is the reason our players are hurt?

Well said, Theodus. Two thumbs up.

I believe [**sigh**] that the Rams current -- and dismal -- situation is more complex than the injuries alone, albeit these are more than any team can endure to continue at a normal and successful pace. But in and of itself, these injuries, have...on the one hand practically crippled the team's ability to succeed (mainly the offense due to an unstable OL and now even Jax is out or order), and on the other hand, they have practically exonorated the coaching staff from main fault.

Coach SL has been quite frank in stating repeatedly that said injuries are not an excuse but at the same time, they certainly seem to stand alone as an explanation! He and his coaching staff are trying, as Linehan said, "...to find the solutions". And it is very, very tough to 'adapt, improvise and overcome' the present challenge of casualties that began surfacing from week 1 onward at a worsening rate.

I too had much hope for this season. We'll see how the Rams fair this year's war. So far the first four battles have been lost and the troops morale is hurting but I believe [**sigh**] that the team wil stick together professionally.

Again, as you put it:
    We need to rebuild and replenish and it is gonna take some time. ...Maybe a new coach is coming, but I can't let this all fall on the coaching staff!!!
    Last edited by RealRam; -10-01-2007 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Format / spelling

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Injuries have forced Linehan to play guys like Lenny Walls and Milford Brown.:x:x

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69 View Post
    Aside from Bulger , who will be gone soon if we don't sit him and let Gus take over,The injuries is our big reason for the downhill spiral, coaching has nothing to do with that.
    Prepare yourself though to watch people continue to try and blame the coach by suggesting the injuries are really a reflection of an entire team's poor conditioning or preparation for contact or what not.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Not only are the coaches not responsible for injuries, but they also arent responsible for the turnovers that killed us in the first three games. The dante hall and holt fumbles cost us week 2 and the two jackson fumbles killed us in week one. That had NOTHING to do with coaching.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

The last thing this team needs to do do is rebuild. Draft a beast of a NT, OT, G, and pick up a a stud lineman and safety and we will be back in business.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Not only are the coaches not responsible for injuries, but they also arent responsible for the turnovers that killed us in the first three games. The dante hall and holt fumbles cost us week 2 and the two jackson fumbles killed us in week one. That had NOTHING to do with coaching.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I completely disagree that coaching has nothing to do with turnovers, of course it does. If you've ever played football it gets preached to you to take care of the football. The coaching staff should be teaching Holt how not to carry the ball like a loaf of bread. Turnovers are mistakes and it's the coaching staffs job to help this team eliminate mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Prepare yourself though to watch people continue to try and blame the coach by suggesting the injuries are really a reflection of an entire team's poor conditioning or preparation for contact or what not.
    While I dont think it's the coaching staffs fault for the injuries, I dont like the fact that a coach in the NFL continues to start a qb with broken ribs even though he looks terrible when we have a capable backup in Ferrotte. If you think this team even with all the injuries is performing at its highest level possible, I would dis-agree. Who's responsibility is keeping the team prepared??? The last two weeks this team has crumbled in the second half, so why arent they adjusting??? Is this team only prepared to play 2 qtrs??? Last time I checked it's 4 qtrs, unless of course it's still pre-season.
    Just Fix It

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    While I dont think it's the coaching staffs fault for the injuries, I dont like the fact that a coach in the NFL continues to start a qb with broken ribs even though he looks terrible when we have a capable backup in Ferrotte.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    If you think this team even with all the injuries is performing at its highest level possible, I would dis-agree. Who's responsibility is keeping the team prepared??? The last two weeks this team has crumbled in the second half, so why arent they adjusting??? Is this team only prepared to play 2 qtrs??? Last time I checked it's 4 qtrs, unless of course it's still pre-season.
    I am also suspicious of our second half adjustments and if we're doing enough at halftime, but let's keep this in perspective - the Rams hung with one of the best teams in the NFC for an entire half of play this weekend. For as injured and beat up as we are, that's nothing to sneeze at.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Ramiser, i dont follow your view. Tory Holt is a hall of fame caliber player. You dont think he hasnt been coached a million times not to fumble? How many punts and kickoffs has dante hall retunred. How many carries has steven jackson had?

I will tell you what. If you want to blame the coaches for the 100% pure execution errors like dropping a punt, than i sure hope that you give the coaches the credit when the guy returns a punt for a td because you cant have it both ways. Its not the coaches fault when the guy makes a mistake but the players skills when he does something great.

I do agree that there is coaching involved in some of the timing plays, and certainly on the scheme issues that can lead to turnovers, but not the pure physical execution errors of dropping the balls that hit our guys in the hands.

ramming speed to all

general counsel