Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Re: The coaching staff is gutless...

Here's your dinner (or midnight snack whatever) for tonight.

And no white wine for you either!

Trevor is offline Registered User

Can't everybody be happy that we came from a 1-15 season? Its like now we start winning games from being almost winless and now we have to be the best there is!....

rayzorram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    LET ME REPHRASE, SHURMER IS GUTLESS NOT THE COACHING STAFF..No killer instinct in them what so ever yet again. You have a chanace to put a team away and go up 16 pts and you guys mess it up. Shurmer they know the bubble screens and the short crossing routes... Its not working come up with something new idiot!!!!! This team does not deserve to make the playoffs nor will they with shurmer calling the plays..
    I'm assuming you're talking about when the Ram defense held the whiners to a field goal with about 5 mins. left in the game and Amendola returns the kickoff to the whiner 12 yrd. line. Yes I admit it that the play calling then was conservative but if you look back at the game if Bajema doesnt miss his block on Lawson SJ goes in for the score or at least a first down. Remember that it was 3rd and 7 so they are probably thinking pass.That's what the Ram offense had shown with 10 min left in the 3rd qtr. with that Red Zone trip resulting in a field goal and a 15 to 14 lead..Shurmur starting showing a wide range of creativity starting with 6 or 7 mins. left in the 3rd. quarter. In fact 7 or eight consecutive pass plays of 17yds, 9yds, 17yds , 8 yds and finally a bogus momentum call on Alexander for pass interference after SJ catches a short screen ,stimies a drive that started at the Ram 6 yard line. This was a game that Gibson, Alexander, Robinson and Amendola stepped up during the 3rd and 4th qtr. Win or Lose next week We have lots to look forward to that I believe the rest of the West doesn't. GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

i think this is all part of Shurmur's master plan.
    The middle part of the game, with the boring, vanilla play calling, is just designed to get the opposition defense comfortable, thinking they have us beat :P

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

The only play-calling stretch I really had a problem with.......the 3-and-FG after Amendola's 84 yard return. There were 4+ minutes left; you're not gonna run the clock out. At least take a strike in the endzone.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123