Thread: Coats Blog

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Coats Blog

Hill applies for job as speed coach
    By Bill Coats
    04/02/2008 12:56 pm

Rams Park nuggets:

Informed that the Rams plan to bring in a speed coach this year, cornerback Tye Hill immediately nominated himself for the position. “They might let me take over that; I could do it,” said Hill, a former standout sprinter at Clemson. “I’m trying to get faster, actually. I’ve been working on my lower body a lot during this offseason, since I couldn’t do anything with my upper body.”

That’s because Hill was recuperating from a serious wrist injury that ended his season in early December. “It was the most painful injury I’ve ever had, without a doubt. It was just excrutiating pain. It was terrible,” Hill said. “I’m finished with injuries. I can’t get hurt anymore.”

Defensive back Ron Bartell is heading into the final season of his original four-year contract. That means he could become an unrestricted free agent after the season and boost his salary dramatically. That isn’t foremost on his mind, he insisted.

“Right now, the money situation, I’m not really worried about that,” he said. “Personally, I have some goals, and we have some goals as a team. If we accomplish those, I’ll be happy.”

One of those is making the playoffs. “The worst feeling in the world is that first week, when you’re at home watching the wild-card games,” he said. “Ever since then, I’ve been ready to go.”

Quarterback Trent Green brought a veritable library of offensive coordinator Al Saunders’ playbooks with him to St. Louis. “I have several of them from my years in Kansas City,” Green said. “The terminology I’m sure will be very familiar for me. Some of it will be pretty familiar for Marc (Bulger), because it’s similar to what Mike (Martz) ran when he was here.

“Al tweaked it a little bit when we got to Kansas City, just to make things work with o-line coaches and those kinds of things. And I’m sure Al’s couple of years in Washington, and now with the coaching staff here, there are going to tweaks here and there. But for the most part, it’s going to be the basic offense than I ran in Kansas City.”

Tackle Glenn Dorsey has received an endorsement from former LSU defensive linemate Claude Wroten as the Rams prepare for the April 26-27 draft. They have the No. 2 overall pick and were impressed by Dorsey’s performance at his recent pro day.

“The two years I played with him, we had a lot of fun,” Wroten said. “If he comes here, true enough it’d mean more competition. But I’d welcome him.”

All for now…

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Coats Blog

It would be nice to have a little 'Coach Hill' for team track.

I'm glad we have Ron Bartell and I trust he will have a good season.

Seems like the play book that Coach Saunders will use is welcomed by the Rams offense and that it should boost overall performance.

Not sure an "endorsement" by Wroten is something Dorsey would look forward to.

Thanks Wraith.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Wrotten endorsing Dorsey doesn't do anything for me. Thats like a grain of Rice endorsing Barack Obama

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

oh thats cute, Wroten thinks that if we bring in Dorsey in at #2 overall that there would actually be a competition

either he is very confident or very deluded

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

The only way bringing in Dorsey will be fun is if we are winning!!! Did you hear that Wroten?!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Bartell better worry about getting better. He was toast last year.

I know, I know.... BRING IN A PASS RUSH.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Tackle Glenn Dorsey has received an endorsement from former LSU defensive linemate Claude Wroten as the Rams prepare for the April 26-27 draft. They have the No. 2 overall pick and were impressed by Dorsey’s performance at his recent pro day.

“The two years I played with him, we had a lot of fun,” Wroten said.
    A) Doesn't AV have the copyright on this scenario?

B) Well, fill a bucket with flyin' fornication!!!! Wroten will have fun with Dorsey......SOLD. Get that big joker in here, and let's have us a good old fashioned hootnanny.

I mean if Wroten says so.......
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

“The two years I played with him, we had a lot of fun,” Wroten said.
    Hopefully not the kind of fun that results in you peeing in a cup later.

ramfan57 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Bartell better worry about getting better. He was toast last year.

I know, I know.... BRING IN A PASS RUSH.
    I don' t think Ron played badly last year. Remember we just found out the guy played with torn ligaments in his hand for most of the season. Also, he was used in four different positions. I think he was one of the backbones of the defense last year.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

haha. if dorsey does come into STL, wroten will never see playing time.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ramfan57 View Post
    I don' t think Ron played badly last year. Remember we just found out the guy played with torn ligaments in his hand for most of the season. Also, he was used in four different positions. I think he was one of the backbones of the defense last year.
    No, you're right, 57. Bartell played pretty well last year, especially being injured. But this time of the year, you gotta cut tx a little slack. He gets cranky around the draft.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    Wrotten endorsing Dorsey doesn't do anything for me. Thats like a grain of Rice endorsing Barack Obama

It's more like AC Cowling endorsing OJ Simpson.

LinkBacks (?)

1. -04-02-2008, 07:49 PM