Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DieHard23 is offline Registered User

Re: COATS: More defensive shake-ups as Draft, Ryan, and Adeyanju get in the line-up

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Bulger Fan View Post
    Why is Hill still in there? He is the one that should be benched.
    Agree. But I'm posting because of your avatar. Not that I don't support Bulger, but it's hilarious in a "lifetime movie" sort of way

Truth is offline Registered User

Re: COATS: More defensive shake-ups as Draft, Ryan, and Adeyanju get in the line-up

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    ...Because the "better" guys weren't getting it done? That would be called a "shake up".
    I get that. My point is, why did it take so long for the coaching staff to evaluate what they have. All off-season, OTAs, Training camp, and 7 games. While the changes "might" be good, it smells like panic. I can't wait for Sunday. I hope these changes make a real difference in our performance. I'm not looking for us to blow anyone out. I just want to see a real effort.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

rams 24/7 is offline Registered User

It's so sad that we don't even have starters with Locked-up positions...where literally pulling out 3rd stringers to try and make a miracle happen. Where's the TALENT????

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

In my opinion, it is because of us fans, and the threat that the dome will be empty. Let's hope it's not to late. I still want to see the FO gone though. Where are our changes on the o-line besides TG, or did I miss it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    I understand the concept of "shaking things up". However, if these guys are really better than the people they're replacing, and our staff had the off season, training camp, pre-season, and 2 regular season games (not counting 3rd game because changes are now being made) to evaluate talent and ability, why weren't these guys in before now??

Just askin'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

Mooselini is offline Registered User

We need to also bench Chavous.

If they can bench Bulger, they can bench Chavous. I want him out of the Rams next year. They can keep Chavous AND Hill on the field and they cut Brown. What the hell!

TekeRam is offline Registered User

24/7... Many of us on this board believe that the players that will be starting are better than the ones they are replacing, myself included. Draft is currently better than Culberson, but Culberson provides a long term solution. If we need to win now(we do), Draft should play. Ryan's younger, stronger and more hungry than Glover. He should play. Adeyanju has suddenly developed a pass rush ability, he's young and if he can keep it up, he should play if Little is out.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rams 24/7 View Post
    It's so sad that we don't even have starters with Locked-up positions...where literally pulling out 3rd stringers to try and make a miracle happen. Where's the TALENT????
    As what happens with a lot of Superbowl teams, players get to the big game, think they're "all that", demand too much money, and leave.

The difference with the Rams (than say, the Patriots ) is we didn't have enough "talent" in the front office and in the coaching staffs to replace quality players with quality players.

Also see; The Raiders.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

general counsel is offline Registered User

The Moose (as usual) is dead spot on. Chaveous should be benched. I defy anyone to name a worse quality starting player in the nfl at any postion right now. Walter Jones used to be called BPROP (Best Player Regardless of Position). Chaveous should be called WPROP (Worst player regardless of position).

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

If I were Trent Green, I'd want to see Dan Kreider on the bench. Give Russ Weil a shot.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    The Moose (as usual) is dead spot on. Chaveous should be benched. I defy anyone to name a worse quality starting player in the nfl at any postion right now.
    Tye Hill
    Nick Lechey
    Drew Bennett (as soon as he's healthy, but he was the starter at the beginning of the season)

general counsel is offline Registered User

Nick Leckey is a legitimate point. Hard to say who is worse between leckey and Chaveous. The good news is, WE HAVE THEM BOTH!!!!!

ramming speed to all

general counsel

eric2810 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    We need to also bench Chavous.

If they can bench Bulger, they can bench Chavous. I want him out of the Rams next year. They can keep Chavous AND Hill on the field and they cut Brown. What the hell!
    I couldn't agree with you anymore Moose, but Honestly who did you plan on replacing him with? Johnson or Coundren? Not exactly upgrades over Chavous. Just have to face it that we have him until we bring in a free agent or until end of season, which is more likely.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by eric2810 View Post
    I couldn't agree with you anymore Moose, but Honestly who did you plan on replacing him with? Johnson or Coundren? Not exactly upgrades over Chavous. Just have to face it that we have him until we bring in a free agent or until end of season, which is more likely.
    Condren is slated at FS, 25 and was cut from a good team (Indy) ..Todd Johnson is a strong safety who has got some decent production in the NFL in limited playing time...Chavous plays all the time and hasnt done Jack S...!

if he`s such a good leader,which seems to be the only thing they can seriously say about the guy,then get him on the sidelines and let him lead there,where we havent got any!

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Hey, here's a thought- how about a change with the guy that calls the most vanilla defense in the league!!! This will be just another 4 guys that don't get anywhere near the QB backed by a soft secondary.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    I understand the concept of "shaking things up". However, if these guys are really better than the people they're replacing, and our staff had the off season, training camp, pre-season, and 2 regular season games (not counting 3rd game because changes are now being made) to evaluate talent and ability, why weren't these guys in before now??

Just askin'
    Good question.

Within the answer is the reason this staff is on the blistering hot seat.

They were too damn busy being nice and making friends with the players rather than being tough and instilling fear.

Players need to have a sense of urgency. They need to fear their job will be taken by the man behind them if they don't perform. And they need to know that the coach will pull the trigger.

As good as Joe Montana was, he says the biggest motivator for him was the fear of losing his job to the back-up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast