throwback week

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    blood85 Guest

Re: COATS: More defensive shake-ups as Draft, Ryan, and Adeyanju get in the line-up

Linehan needs to shake himself and the coaching staff!!

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Re: COATS: More defensive shake-ups as Draft, Ryan, and Adeyanju get in the line-up

I love the youth movement on the D-line its going to be a very productive group going forward IMO. The other moves are baffling. I say take Pisa out put draft in stick with Culberson start any other DB, but Hill. I also say give TOd Johnson a shot he deserves it and we have nothing to loose.

moloch41 Guest

I don't see why we're making changes to the defense- isn't benching Marc Bulger going to fix all this?

DistantRam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    I don't see why we're making changes to the defense...
    Shouldn't we be changing the OL to give Schuening and/or Greco a chance?

chiguy is offline Registered User

For those of you wondering why most of the moves are on the defensive side of the ball and not on offense, the answer is obvious -- Linehan and Haslett hate each other and the coach is basically pointing a finger at Jim for what's wrong. And, its probably the finger pointing that is a problem as much as anything.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    For those of you wondering why most of the moves are on the defensive side of the ball and not on offense, the answer is obvious -- Linehan and Haslett hate each other and the coach is basically pointing a finger at Jim for what's wrong. And, its probably the finger pointing that is a problem as much as anything.
    Excellent point, chi. As well, it has been noted by one of the PD writers that the cut of Brown was a function of Brown being a Haslett guy. Wouldn't that also go for Glover, Culberson, and Hall either directly or indirectly?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Excellent point, chi. As well, it has been noted by one of the PD writers that the cut of Brown was a function of Brown being a Haslett guy. Wouldn't that also go for Glover, Culberson, and Hall either directly or indirectly?
    I am beginning to wonder about this whole situation. Rumor is that Brown was cut without consulting Haslett. The secondary rumor is that the defensive lineup changes were made by Linehan and not by Haslett ...

There is definitely some bad blood here between Haslett and Linehan, no matter what anybody says. I just don't get the decision to cut Brown and replace him with the inferior Jason Craft. Could all this finger pointing by Linehan, now at Haslett, be a function of trying to save his butt, and bury Haslett at the same time? Haslett cannot even speak to the media outside of Monday. I really wonder what Haslett will have to say when Linehan is done and gone and this debacle is over ...

The argument will be that Craft was brought in because of Haslett, but maybe Linehan brought him in just to make it seem that way. This guy was just let go by the New Orleans Saints, and there must be a reason why ...

Fact is, look at Haslett's history. He has always been known for using very aggressive schemes that frustrate and confuse opponents. You saw this for a very small period in 3rd quarter of the Seahawks game. You saw this for many extended stretches in games last season. Then, out of no where, the plan goes very Vanillahan and defenses much up and down the field, with little or no resistance at all. This just doesn't seem to make alot of sense ...

For the Haslett haters out there, particularly Moloch, has it ever crossed your mind that maybe Linehan is dictating what Haslett can and cannot do on this defense? It just seems like there are two different guys running the defense. I mean, look around the league. Marshall Faulk said it, Brett Favre said it, and others have said how complicated and difficult Haslett's defenses are to prepare for and to play against. Yet this season, we have sat back and let defenses eat us alive.

You have to admit, there was some improvement on the defense last season, particularly in the first half of the season. Now look at it ...

Are we so sure that Linehan hasn't taken over some of the defensive responsbilities? Last year, I saw a Haslett that was a lil fiery on the sidelines, getting his players motivated time and time again after every offensive failure. We saw many games where the defense dominated in the first half, only to become a shell of itself in the second half ...

Really, are we certain Linehan is not responsible for this?

moloch41 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    I am beginning to wonder about this whole situation. Rumor is that Brown was cut without consulting Haslett. The secondary rumor is that the defensive lineup changes were made by Linehan and not by Haslett ...

There is definitely some bad blood here between Haslett and Linehan, no matter what anybody says. I just don't get the decision to cut Brown and replace him with the inferior Jason Craft. Could all this finger pointing by Linehan, now at Haslett, be a function of trying to save his butt, and bury Haslett at the same time? Haslett cannot even speak to the media outside of Monday. I really wonder what Haslett will have to say when Linehan is done and gone and this debacle is over ...

The argument will be that Craft was brought in because of Haslett, but maybe Linehan brought him in just to make it seem that way. This guy was just let go by the New Orleans Saints, and there must be a reason why ...

Fact is, look at Haslett's history. He has always been known for using very aggressive schemes that frustrate and confuse opponents. You saw this for a very small period in 3rd quarter of the Seahawks game. You saw this for many extended stretches in games last season. Then, out of no where, the plan goes very Vanillahan and defenses much up and down the field, with little or no resistance at all. This just doesn't seem to make alot of sense ...

For the Haslett haters out there, particularly Moloch, has it ever crossed your mind that maybe Linehan is dictating what Haslett can and cannot do on this defense? It just seems like there are two different guys running the defense. I mean, look around the league. Marshall Faulk said it, Brett Favre said it, and others have said how complicated and difficult Haslett's defenses are to prepare for and to play against. Yet this season, we have sat back and let defenses eat us alive.

You have to admit, there was some improvement on the defense last season, particularly in the first half of the season. Now look at it ...

Are we so sure that Linehan hasn't taken over some of the defensive responsbilities? Last year, I saw a Haslett that was a lil fiery on the sidelines, getting his players motivated time and time again after every offensive failure. We saw many games where the defense dominated in the first half, only to become a shell of itself in the second half ...

Really, are we certain Linehan is not responsible for this?
    I dunno- Haslett seems like the type of guy that would quit before letting Linny dictate what he could and couldn't run- or at least make it public that he's not calling the plays. His whole thing when he came on board was that he felt insulted that he was being offered a coordinator's position instead of an HC job, but then relented because of what I guess is his thinking it would lead to another HC job a year or two down the line. This certainly isn't helping his resume much- he'd probably be better suited to walk and leave Linny with the mess. Also, his defense is last in the league in almost every category- if Linny didn't want him around, he could fire him and no one would blame him for it. As a matter of fact, many of the articles I've read are calling for Haslett's head before Linny's. Why waste time cutting a marginal player to get at Haslett? Just fire him and get it over with. It's apparent that Zagnut has Linny's back or why else would he still be HC? I do think, however, that the riff between him and Linny has caused a lot of turmoil on this team- so I can't understand why they haven't parted ways.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123