Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By general counsel

Thread: Cody Davis will take TJ's place on the active roster

Rambos is offline Registered User

Cody Davis will take TJ's place on the active roster

Jim Thomas ‏@jthom1 36m

Rams safety T.J. McDonald has fractured lower leg. Does not need surgery. He has been placed on IR designated retrun.

. . . .That means McDonald can't practice for six weeks before returning. Cody Davis will take his place on the active roster.
    Expand

Witherspoon and Finnegan both have hamstring injuries.

Fisher said Isaiah Pead was inactive for "no particular reason." Said team had planned on using Tavon Austin more out of the backfield. . . . .in kind of the Pead rule. But that plan scrapped when team fell behind.

Fisher said the Rams will change the offense approach to more run first going forward. Not sure how we can do that with this group. To me it sounded like DRich lost his job last night, thats my take. I wonder with Spoon down will they sign Jo-Lonn Dunbar back? Ray Ray came in late and looked fast as hell. Bummer for TJ he was looking good.

general counsel is offline Registered User

re: Cody Davis will take TJ's place on the active roster

The way Finnegan has been playing, i think you could replace him with Justin King and i doubt anyone would be able to tell the difference. He looks like he couldnt cover a pregnant woman in a phone booth.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Fisher said Isaiah Pead was inactive for "no particular reason." Said team had planned on using Tavon Austin more out of the backfield. . . . .in kind of the Pead rule. But that plan scrapped when team fell behind.
    No particular reason? Really? He was planning on using Austin in the backfield more, but scrapped it when the team fell behind? The team didn't fall behind until there was 6 minutes left in the half. Just when did he plan to use Austin in the backfield? The running game was nonexisent the entire first half, but he didn't feel compelled to implement his plan? I'm sorry, but his answers make no sense and are disturbing.
    Last edited by r8rh8rmike; -09-27-2013 at 06:42 PM.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    No particular reason? Really? He was planning on using Austin in the backfield more, but scrapped it when the team fell behind? The team didn't fall behind until there was 6 minutes left in the half. Just when did he plan to use Austin in the backfield? The running game was nonexisent the entire first half, but he didn't feel compelled to implement his plan? I'm sorry, but his answers make no sense and are disturbing.
    Like I said, he is full of BS!

punahou is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Jim Thomas ‏@jthom1 36m

Rams safety T.J. McDonald has fractured lower leg. Does not need surgery. He has been placed on IR designated retrun.

. . . .That means McDonald can't practice for six weeks before returning. Cody Davis will take his place on the active roster.
    Expand

Witherspoon and Finnegan both have hamstring injuries.

Fisher said the Rams will change the offense approach to more run first going forward. Not sure how we can do that with this group. To me it sounded like DRich lost his job last night, thats my take. I wonder with Spoon down will they sign Jo-Lonn Dunbar back? Ray Ray came in late and looked fast as hell. Bummer for TJ he was looking good.
    Why the hell dont we use Ray Ray as SS?

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    Why the hell dont we use Ray Ray as SS?
    Well I think he's close to 240 pounds. They brought him in to play LB. I think he and Tree could be a force once they both get some time in. He was not great in coverage in college but he hit like a running away train. He still does.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Re: Cody Davis will take TJ's place on the active roster

Good move with Davis. Agree we should bring Dunbar back, we need the tackles. As I said in another thread yesterday, losing Dunbar and Mikell out of the defense wasn't a smart move in hindsight. Once Ray Ray gets the position under his belt we could have a hell of a LB corps. But I don't want to get ahead of myself, last night and last week were painful lessons in that exercise.

Go Rams!

punahou is offline Registered User

Re: Cody Davis will take TJ's place on the active roster

Well SS is natural position. The fact that we are carved up by running plays warrants a look at least at his normal spot. This is the perfect opporunity to get him on the field more.