Thread: Colin Cowherd

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Colin Cowherd

He said this morning that the easiest way to determine who is going to the Super Bowl was to eliminate those who won't.

Went on to say that the last 10 teams that won the Super Bowl had dominant defenses or defenses which were "hot" at the right time. The Rams being the exception and they had a hot offense.

Needless to say he tossed the Rams out in the first five.. the easiest choices.

Anyone who is an EPSN insider can access the full story on the ESPN site.... and maybe share it here?

RnD

GO RAMS!!

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Re: Colin Cowherd

Quote Originally Posted by ramsanddodgers View Post
    He said this morning that the easiest way to determine who is going to the Super Bowl was to eliminate those who won't.

Went on to say that the last 10 teams that won the Super Bowl had dominant defenses or defenses which were "hot" at the right time. The Rams being the exception and they had a hot offense.

Anyone who is an EPSN insider can access the full story on the ESPN site.... and maybe share it here?
    Unfortunately, I can't share the full story as I'm not an insider, but I did hear that segment of the "Herd" as I drove into work this morning. Usually, I like what Colin has to say. I don't always agree with him, but I like his show for the most part. It's either him, or that jerk TJ SImmers and his daughter in the morning. No thanks.

Anyway, I took exception to his comment about the Rams, and how they were the single "exception" of the last 10 SB champs, and how quickly he dismissed the Rams as contenders. First of all, in 1999, the Rams had a decent defense. Not great, but pretty decent. ..and using his criteria for elimination, why not eliminate the Colts then too? Their D last year wasn't awe inspiring. But I didn't hear him throw them out. These "experts" kill me. When has one ever been right?

..oh well, I've got to get back to watching my Angels beat the snot out of the Red Sox.
    Last edited by RAMFANRAIDERHATER; -08-08-2007 at 05:08 PM.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

rammiser is offline Registered User

I heard this too and just shook my head. He threw the Rams out in the first five but kept the Cards who havnt proven anything recently. The Rams finished 8-8 with a crappy defense and has improved its personell on defense yet the Cards will be better??? I put more stake in JT the brick who said the other night he is excited about what the Rams have done and thinks they can make some noise. He also included the Whiners but excluded the Cards. Excluding the Rams in the first five was rediculous.
    Just Fix It

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

I didn't hear anything after that, was picking up supplies for today's job and then changed the station to Glenn Beck.

I guess I didn't want to hear the rest...lol

Anyone know what happened with Dan Patrick.. the early afternoon show stinks on ESPN radio now, IMHO. Patrick was time delayed so as to not intefere with Rome but was bteer than Rome in my book. Outside of Olberman's political rants....
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

The whole "teams with a good defense, or one that got hot" thing made his argument look silly. The Colts were an offensive team. Yes, their defense played better in the playoffs, but didn't the '99 Rams hold the Bucs and Titans to a combined 22 points? Wouldn't that be a defense that "got hot" in the playoffs?

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    The whole "teams with a good defense, or one that got hot" thing made his argument look silly. The Colts were an offensive team. Yes, their defense played better in the playoffs, but didn't the '99 Rams hold the Bucs and Titans to a combined 22 points? Wouldn't that be a defense that "got hot" in the playoffs?
    The RAMS 1999 defense ranked 6th overall???

I would say that's better than average.

z.nrd Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ramsanddodgers View Post

The Rams weren't an exception.

Their defense both years was legitimate.

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by z.nrd View Post
    The Rams weren't an exception.

Their defense both years was legitimate.

I agree. In fact, I think there's merit to the argument that the Rams' offense was "so hot", that they would score often and quickly, forcing the defense to handle a larger load than average. The defense was often tired and often up against very aggressive (ie. 'desperate') opposing offenses.

Then again, we're all preaching to the choir here. Our boys will prove us right-

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Colin Cowherd is an idiot,try listening to this a** for more than 15 minutes,it will drive you crazy,I would rather listen to anyone of you guys over him.I don't put alot of stock in anything he says.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

The year we went the super bowl in 2001 I believe we had a top 5 D.