Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Colt Mccoy + Suh..

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    Actually all I did was point out that Suh's deal is one year shorter than Bradford's, allowing him to (potentially) make more money in the same amount of years as Bradford will because he will get a new deal, taking into account a new signing bonus and base salary.
    I guess I'm failing to see why that's important, since Sam will obviously make more once he signs his second deal. Who cares if Suh gets it first? For all we know, the Rams may extend Sam before the Lions extend Suh. They may not wait until the final year.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I guess I'm failing to see why that's important, since Sam will obviously make more once he signs his second deal. Who cares if Suh gets it first? For all we know, the Rams may extend Sam before the Lions extend Suh. They may not wait until the final year.
    I guess in that sense, no it doesn't matter. But, if people are looking for more reasons to be glad we drafted Bradford, I don't see why pointing out the salary structures vs. the wins they are helping produce for those totals is totally irrelevant. In a salary-capped world, finances are important. With Suh/McCoy we could be spending just as much on a DT as we did on a QB, and not have the wins we have. If Suh could demand a contract that could potentially see him earn more in 6 years than the #1 QB pick will in 6 years, how much would he have demanded as the #1?

Like I said, to me it's just another reason to be glad it is Bradford/Saffold over Suh/McCoy. I think we get better bang for the buck. Now when that second contract hits...watch out. Just talking about the first contract.

swatter555 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    I'll take Bradford over Suh/McCoy as Bradford is too much better, and QB too important to downgrade for a top-tier DT.
    Right. And without an offense to get you the lead, the effectiveness of a defensive line is minimized.

A stronger argument could be made for Vick/Suh/McCoy, although in the long-term I still prefer Bradford. If Bradford continues his upward trajectory, he will be on the caliber of Marino/Manning/Brady, I wouldn't trade a QB of that caliber for 2 Suhs (might be close, though).

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

We're 11 weeks into the 1st regular season for all of names mentioned.

I think it's a bit premature to predict each individuals futures in the NFL. If I was to rank them to date...

1. Bradford (by a wide margin)
    2. Suh
    3. Saffold
    4. McCoy

GO RAMS!!!

Dave2oo2 is offline Registered User

I love sam but didn't McCoy go int the third? so technically we could have went 1st - Suh 2nd - Saffold 3rd - McCoy? Not bad.... but I still love what the Rams did. There is nothing like watching a franchise QB play and Bradford has made it fun to watch the Rams again.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Dave2oo2 View Post
    I love sam but didn't McCoy go int the third? so technically we could have went 1st - Suh 2nd - Saffold 3rd - McCoy? Not bad.... but I still love what the Rams did. There is nothing like watching a franchise QB play and Bradford has made it fun to watch the Rams again.
    That is correct, but it raises an interesting question...

Had the Rams taken Suh, would they have taken a chance on missing out on a QB entirely by passing on Clausen/McCoy in Round 2 and hoping that one of them would have been there in Round 3, or would they have pulled the trigger and taken one of them with the 33rd pick?

I guess we'll never know.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I said from the start that provided he checked out physically, Sam Bradford was the obvious choice for the Rams #1 selection. You do not pass up the choice to get a franchise QB and impact player if you feel that's the guy to lead you. It was a no brainer, in my eyes. At the same time, It would be disingenuous for me to say I thought Bradford would be moving along this quickly.

Suh is having an excellent year- hardly a surprise. But he was not the right pick for the Rams. Bulger's time was up. The jury is out on McCoy.

And what about those people who thought the Rams "should wait" on a QB an entertain getting someone in the 2011 draft? How's Jake Locker been doing this season???

shower beers is offline Registered User

Bradford/Saffold right now has to be better than any 1/2 combination you could create from the draft. We made the right choice, no ifs ands or buts!

Dave2oo2 is offline Registered User

How mad would Ram's Nation be if we took Suh then Saffold then never pick up a QB. I think we would be calling for a firing with our team going 1-15.

richtree is offline Registered User

Bradford and Saffold > any Round 1 draft pick + any Round 2 draft pick.

We have a LT for years and a QB for years and turned the team around in one season.

I doubt McCoy will be even a solid NFL QB. I KNOW, Bradford will be one of the league's best for 10 years.

rNemesis is offline Registered User

I'll have to say that Bradford is the real deal right now. All of my friends and coworkers tell me how good he looks, which is a huge compliment considering how bad we finished last season

jonnokc is offline Registered User

Two Things:

1) As pointed out by others if you are looking at the Suh/McCoy combo you can't compare that just against Bradford - you have to look at Saffold as well

2) McCoy is the real deal like Kyle Orton is the real deal - servicable QBs if you have great talent around them but not franchise guys - SB is Top 5 NFL QB real deal

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

Uhhh I am not looking back on this draft ever. Bradford is the man period.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12