Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mw23 Guest

From a Colts fan

Greeting all. Yes, I am a Coltsí fan here to try and discuss a little football with ya. First, let me say this, I hope that Martz is going to be ok. You never want to see a player leave the game, or a team, because of an injury or illness.

I am really looking forward to watching this game. This is by far the biggest test for the Colts ďnew & improvedĒ defense. 5 games into the season, this will be the best offense in terms of both talent & experience the Colts d will face.

What to watch for:
    When the Colts are on d, donít expect them to change much from what they have been doing to this point. They rush the passer with the front four, and allow the linebackers & secondary to play in their zones. We saw more blitzing this past weekend against the 9ers, but I think that had more to do with rattling the rookie than anything else. Watch for Bob Sanders, Mike Doss, & Marlin Jackson in the secondary. They bring the wood. Freeney is a monster, and his matchup against Pace should be a good one. The biggest thing is, if you double or triple Freeney, it leaves Mathis, Reagor, Tripplett, or Simon free. Our linebackers are pretty good sideline to sideline, but running right out them can get you some yards because they struggle to get off blocks.

When the Colts have the ball: This year is has been take what the defense gives you. If you can run it, run it. If you can throw it, throw it. Our d, in terms of how they attack opposing defenses, is very similar to the Rams. They can come out you from all directions with a number of players.

I hope this is a good injury free game. I do believe in my Colts, and think they will win something like 24-17. Both teams are good offensively, but I donít see a shootout.

I havenít seen a whole lot of the Rams this year, so if some of ya want to bring up to speed, and chat, it would be appreciated.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: From a Colts fan

Great to have you at the board, mw! It's always great to get some information on the Rams' next opponent from one of their fans, so we appreciate your input.

Quote Originally Posted by mw23
    5 games into the season, this will be the best offense in terms of both talent & experience the Colts d will face.
    This is a good point. Any time as a defense, through five games, you can allow an average of 5.8 points per game, that's phenominal. But it's also important to look at what teams that number has come at the expense of.

When ordered by average points per game, the offenses the Colts have faced rank 31, 22, 23, 15, and 25.

The Rams rank fourth.

When ordered by yards per game, the offenses the Colts have faced rank 25, 22, 16, 23, and 31.

We rank second.

So obviously those are some factors to consider. It'll be interesting to see if the Colts D is as good as advertised and if the Rams offense can put some points up against them.

If there was ever a week for the Rams to have success on the ground, this is it. The Colts have held opponent quarterbacks to a 64.9 QB rating thus far, but allow 4.5 yards per carry on the ground and about 104 yards per game.

If I'm gameplanning for the Colts, I'm going to really think about giving a load to the Jackson/Faulk combo, and hopefully use success on the ground to set up passes. But then again, the Rams haven't shown they're a strong running team thus far, so this would be easier said than done.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Unfortunately the Rams secondary is weak, Peyton should go off ! Our offensive rankings are a bit misleading because we've been put in situations were throwing the ball was mandatory.

This game should be very entertaining...........

Hope we can pull off the upset.:clanram:

RealRam is offline Registered User

Welcome to ClanRam, MW23! Thanks for your honest insight.

If you think the Rams offense will be "...by far the biggest test for the Colts 'new & improved' defense. 5 games into the season, this will be the best offense in terms of both talent & experience the Colts D will face", can you imagine what Peyton Manning and the Colts will be for our defense?

Mercy!

But as Laram0 said, I hope we can manage an upset. :football:

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Greeting all. Yes, I am a Coltsí fan here to try and discuss a little football with ya.

I am really looking forward to watching this game. This is by far the biggest test for the Colts ďnew & improvedĒ defense. 5 games into the season, this will be the best offense in terms of both talent & experience the Colts d will face.

I hope this is a good injury free game. I do believe in my Colts, and think they will win something like 24-17. Both teams are good offensively, but I donít see a shootout.
    Welcome mw. Always nice to talk a little football.

Yes the Rams offense may be a challenge for your defense. We seem to have that side of the ball moving in the right direction....

Don't worry about the defense ..... Our defense is falling apart. Your offense should have a good time, probably a better time throwing the ball, but running may work for you also since the run defense has been sliding over the last two weeks.

I expect that we may see some big points in this game. It seems to be the Rams style this year to put lots of points on the board and to give up lots of points in return.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

mw23 Guest

I think most people thought last week the Colts "O" would go in and lay 50 on the 9ers weak d, but they didn't. They were sloppy and careless. Yes, Peyton should have a big day against your 2ndary, but playing the game, and looking at it on paper, are 2 different things.

IMO, the Rams need to run the ball "downhill". This is were the Colts have their biggest problems, and give up yards. From what I have heard, Vitt is a ball control/defensive minded coach. So, I don't expect Bulger to throw the ball 62 times. Which is flat out stupid. I like Bulger, and I don't fell that Holt gets the love he deserves. Outside of Marvin (biased), he is probably the best in the game. I just flat out like how Marvin and Torry approach the game. They go out and let their game do their talking, not their mouths.

From an outsider looking in, I kinda see the Rams like the Colts the last couple of years. A great offensive team, with a defense that is searching for its idenity. What has really change about the Colts defense this year? The attitude. This a defense that likes to hit people. Personel wise, there wasn't very many changes to the Colts d. They change MLBs, and are starting their "no-fear" safeties in Doss & Sanders. Yes, the Colts did bring in Corey Simmon, but, IMO, he hasn't made that much difference on the field. He is still trying to play his way into shape. What he did bring, was that veteran leadership that is invaluable. I think Simon's on field impact will be seen in the second half of the season. The D-line is pretty much the same one that has been playing together the last 3 or 4 years. The difference, maturity. They don't have to talk to one another anymore when they are on the line. They trust each other, and can make adjustments by using signals.

:football: You guys have some cool arse smilies, but you need to get a horseshoe!!!LOL

tanus is offline Registered User

thanks fo dropping by mw23. its always nice to have respectful fans from other teams come visit us.

im really looking forward to what our offense can do against your defense. the start your D has had is nothing short of impressive. it will be interesting to see how different things are with vitt leading the way.

best of luck to you the rest of the season. id love to see you guys make the super bowl.

mw23 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tanus
    thanks fo dropping by mw23. its always nice to have respectful fans from other teams come visit us.

im really looking forward to what our offense can do against your defense. the start your D has had is nothing short of impressive. it will be interesting to see how different things are with vitt leading the way.

best of luck to you the rest of the season. id love to see you guys make the super bowl.
    Thanks man. I really do as a fan have Super Bowl aspirations this year, more than I have had in the last couple.

To everyone else that has welcomed me. Thanks.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

As one sided as this match-up appears to be, it still has drama written all over it. The potential for some surprising things to happen is there IMO.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Freeney is a monster, and his matchup against Pace should be a good one. The biggest thing is, if you double or triple Freeney, it leaves Mathis, Reagor, Tripplett, or Simon free.
    Welcome, nice to talk some football with rival fans. With that I will say Freeney is really good but with Pace on him he might need to be double teamed a bit maybe but in no way will we need to triple team Freeney.

I see the game like this, the Rams offense can hang with the Colts and possibly outperform them, but the Colts defense this year is vastly improved and the Rams D is a mess, so if the Rams D can play a real good game then we have a shot at winning, if not then we don't have much of a chance.

mw23 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Welcome, nice to talk some football with rival fans. With that I will say Freeney is really good but with Pace on him he might need to be double teamed a bit maybe but in no way will we need to triple team Freeney.
    That's what Baltimore thought with Ogden, and by the 2nd half, a tight end was doubling, and a RB was chipping. Thus 3 players engage Freeney at some point and time. Pace is a top 5 LT, but Freeney has made the best of them look like rookies. It is definately one the matchups to watch, and it will be talked about during the game.

I see the game like this, the Rams offense can hang with the Colts and possibly outperform them, but the Colts defense this year is vastly improved and the Rams D is a mess, so if the Rams D can play a real good game then we have a shot at winning, if not then we don't have much of a chance.
    The area the Rams maybe able to exploit, is on special teams. I have seen nothing fancy or spectacular out of the Colts ST. They have been erratic, nothing consistant. I bet we will see at least one onside kick in this game from the Rams. It seems to be the "new" thing to do against the Colts since the Titans did it last year.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

That's what Baltimore thought with Ogden, and by the 2nd half, a tight end was doubling, and a RB was chipping. Thus 3 players engage Freeney at some point and time. Pace is a top 5 LT, but Freeney has made the best of them look like rookies. It is definately one the matchups to watch, and it will be talked about during the game.

The area the Rams maybe able to exploit, is on special teams. I have seen nothing fancy or spectacular out of the Colts ST. They have been erratic, nothing consistant. I bet we will see at least one onside kick in this game from the Rams. It seems to be the "new" thing to do against the Colts since the Titans did it last year.
    I understand what you are saying for sure and maybe I'm biased a bit but I don't think Ogden is as good as Pace, and I think Ogden is a tiny bit overrated, he's still great but I think he's losing a step. Should be interesting.

The Rams ST has had 1 KR TD which was this past weekend vs the Hawks, other than that our ST play (besides Wilkins Kicking) has been mediocre, so I hope we can exploit more than the Indy ST or we are in trouble.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

The Rams ST has had 1 KR TD which was this past weekend vs the Hawks, other than that our ST play (besides Wilkins Kicking) has been mediocre, so I hope we can exploit more than the Indy ST or we are in trouble.
    On top of that, we don't have a punter.

mw23 Guest

I understand what you are saying for sure and maybe I'm biased a bit but I don't think Ogden is as good as Pace, and I think Ogden is a tiny bit overrated, he's still great but I think he's losing a step. Should be interesting.

I can see your point on Pace vs. Ogden. Ogden maybe past his prime. But one on one, I still like Freeney.

The Colts special teams, return wise, has stuggled without Rhodes back returning kicks. He has a case of turf toe which I feel is limiting his impact.

RamsFan16 Guest

What has really change about the Colts defense this year? The attitude. This a defense that likes to hit people.
    Would you wannna schedule a meeting for the Colts D and the Rams D and have the Colts D tell the Rams D that it FEELS GOOD TO KNOCK SOMEONE ON THERE ASS. Please. I want our D to play like that and I'm a Hawkeye Fan I loved Bob Sanders he doesn't have any fear at all. He likes to knock people *sometimes himself* out. And I want us to win but I think your goign to blow us out of the water.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast