Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Come on...

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Come on...

Some of you people crack me up!

What do you all want?? We played better for gods sake. Rome wasn't built over night, nor are the number of problems this team has going to be fixed in one game, or for that matter the entire remainder of this season, and believe it of not maybe not most of next either.

Granted Bulger had a bad game...but who really cares just about that right now. Baby steps. He has things he has to fix, but who wouldn't with the beatings he has taken over the last couple of years..can you blame him?

Sometimes I wonder about the integrity of some of you. How long have you been watching the game of football?? Do you really believe that the world problems will be solved on any given Sunday? Does anyone have something to say that can show some passion for improvement.

Again...when your expectations are set to grander it is hard to go anywhere but down. Some of us need to take a few steps back and take a few deep breaths. And frankly; I am very disappointed in many of our fans reactions over this past couple of years. You all want the team to show resolute...but where is yours??
    Last edited by RamWraith; -11-30-2008 at 07:01 PM.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Come on...

Wraith, I totally agree. I was so happy to hear that the line was playing better today. I didn't hear anything on Vobora, but considering the D held Miami to 16 points, I'll assume he did OK. Like others already know, Jackson truly is a superstar and without him we are a different team. We still need to focus on how we can implement Jackson into virtually every play, and that means working on the one thing he kind of lacks: Blocking. But that's the least of our problems, I am just glad that this was a watchable game, like you said.

However...

The past few weeks have been a joke and although I was upset I couldn't help but laugh at how horrible the team has been. When a game like this goes down to the wire, you can't help but get upset when you lose. Losses like these look better on paper, but feel much worse...

So I understand the frustration of losing this game, and it's hard to see Bulger playing so poorly because I like the guy a lot. It kills me that this organization let his brain get scrambled so much over the years, he's truly taken one hell of a beating...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

Rome wasn't built in a day, only because Chuck Norris built it in an hour.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Good posts Wraith and Varg6. As fans, we need to keep the expectations low right now and support the team during tuff times. I was happy to hear that some fans could still make some noise in the 4th quarter at the dome.

It was a close game and that should be celebrated in this year of blowouts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Granted Bulger had a bad game...but who really cares just about that right now.
    I do. The first two interceptions resulted in Miami scores. This was a winnable football game. While I am glad that we played better, I think the win was attainable. It wasn't like the receiver tipped the ball and the defender caught it - they were poor throws.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    Some of you people crack me up!

What do you all want?? We played better for gods sake. Rome wasn't built over night, nor are the number of problems this team has going to be fixed in one game, or for that matter the entire remainder of this season, and believe it of not maybe not most of next either.

Granted Bulger had a bad game...but who really cares just about that right now. Baby steps. He has things he has to fix, but who wouldn't with the beatings he has taken over the last couple of years..can you blame him?

Sometimes I wonder about the integrity of some of you. How long have you been watching the game of football?? Do you really believe that the world problems will be solved on any given Sunday? Does anyone have something to say that can show some passion for improvement.

Again...when your expectations are set to grander it is hard to go anywhere but down. Some of us need to take a few steps back and take a few deep breaths. And frankly; I am very disappointed in many of our fans reactions over this past couple of years. You all want the team to show resolute...but where is yours??
    Good for you Wraith, as I totally agree. I took notes on a ton of positives from this game that I will relay into a post later. I saw lots of nice things to build upon .....

You just cannot please everybody, no matter what .....

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Hey, I was extremely happy to see us not horribly down at halftime this time, and even was surprised to see us as close as we were all day. The defense came out and played better and the offense at least got some yards... hopefully the TD's will follow sometime soon. All I ask is a another 2 games...

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I'm extremely happy that the Rams stayed in the game and played with more heart.

Something needs to be done about Bulger though. He needs to step it up like everybody else did today. He must've been left out of the "everybody please play good" meeting.

I have never been so disgusted with our QB's performance like I am today. Sick to my stomach.

But the TEAM overall. I am happy. Defense played pretty good. We didn't get blown out. Jackson did great! Pace and the O-line did well. Keep that combination!

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

i kinda see where your going with it, but why the hell wouldnt i be disappointed?..I care about bulger messing it up, about not being able to stop them when needed, not being able to score a TD AGAiN!!!...

they played better, but were still bad... damn right ima stay pissed off...we could play like this the rest of next season i GUARANTEE there will be people with the same attitude..

bigredman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    I do. The first two interceptions resulted in Miami scores. This was a winnable football game. While I am glad that we played better, I think the win was attainable. It wasn't like the receiver tipped the ball and the defender caught it - they were poor throws.
    Totally agree, with the above and disagree with RamWraith. Baby steps my butt. How anyone can think this was progress when we couldn't score a touchdown is beyond me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    Totally agree, with the above and disagree with RamWraith. Baby steps my butt. How anyone can think this was progress when we couldn't score a touchdown is beyond me.
    ...exactly

eldfan is offline Registered User

I would have to agree also how sad is it when we lose a winnable game don't get a TD and we happy. This is not horse shoe you win or you lose. We can't win a game like this at home please.
    :ramlogo:

theodus69 is offline Registered User

This year is in the toilet and i see the last remnants swirling downward. This year really sucks .......like 90's sucks. This team needs a complete enima!!!!!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

rammiser is offline Registered User

This is what irritates me about things being said about Bulger. Yes he was bad he made two terrible reads and it probably did cost us the game. For crying out loud though how about the dropped passes in this game? They could have been game changers as well. The screen pass that bounced off of Pittmans hands was a perfect call and may have resulted in a td. Then Pittman dropped another that bounced right off his hands. Then Torry Holt was afraid to get hit so didnt go up and catch a ball that went right through his hands because he might get hit hard. At least Bulger is playing through pain and trying. His better days may or may not be behind him but he sure the hell is giving more effort and commitment than most these guys. Holt is completely disgusting me with his lack of effort. It's not like Bulger is going anywhere and I'm ok with a replacement being drafted but at least the guy is trying which is more than I can say for some guys like Holt.

On a better note I think what Wraith is trying to say is why can't we start to look at some positives going into next year. Like the Vobora kid playing one game at MLB and already looking more active than Spoon. Atogwe is a freaking ball hawk he had two forced fumbles in case you missed one that he ripped from Ricky but was recovered by Miami, the refs blew the whistle quickly but he forced two fumbles. Chris Long is going to be very good. In my opinion he definately won the battle with Jake. Our o-line looked solid for the first time in a long time. Our secondary wasnt terrible and our d-line held there own and actually got some pressure on Pennington. Our young guns at wr are going to be very good as they mature as NFL players. Our special teams was great today. They didnt let Ginn even get a hole to look at. Johnson brings some attitude to the secondary the guy loves to hit people. There is hope people, this year is toast so I'm treating it like pre-season. I just want to see who wants to play and who doesnt and Holt can hit the streets along with Krieder as soon as the season ends. By the way Fells is our best te/h-back on the team. Why they couldnt use Leonard in this capacity is beyond me. Before Leonard got hurt I felt his best position would be a Cooley type h-back but they continue to either use him as a fullback or a running back which he is neither.

Its beyond me where the effort has been for the last 4 or 5 weeks but Jackson seems to bring an energy to the whole team when he plays.
    Just Fix It

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Surely you don't expect giant steps?? Sorry, but baby steps are the best you're gonna get with this team right now. We had Mr. Irrelevant anchoring the defense for cryin' out loud. A defense that allowed exactly one TD. Not getting the win sucked and Bulger was pretty bad, but I'll take being competitive to the end as progress because memories of being blown out by the whiners and scoring 3 points against the Bears still linger in my mind, as does 40-0 at halftime against the Jets.

By the way, nice post RamWraith.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast