Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Compliments of Don Banks from SI.com

"Q: Which 4-1 team won't make the playoffs?

A: The Rams under rookie head coach Scott Linehan have been one of the NFL's pleasant early surprises, but it's fair to say St. Louis has assembled the softest 4-1 record in the league. The four teams the Rams have beaten -- Denver, Arizona, Detroit and Green Bay -- are a combined 5-14, with the Broncos owning three of those wins. And St. Louis has won those four games by a total of 20 points, with each outcome by a touchdown (eight points) or less.

The Rams will come back to Earth over the course of the next six weeks, drawing Seattle, at San Diego, Kansas City, at Seattle and at Carolina between now and Nov. 19. December games against Chicago, Washington and at Minnesota could also prove formidable. When I add it up, I can't get St. Louis beyond 9-7 and finishing just out of the money in the NFC wild-card race."
    Wow we get no credit even when we win. I wonder will his tune change when we win against Seattle, or will he come up with the excuse that Alexander didn't play, like they did with Chicago? I personally thinks it's funny.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Compliments of Don Banks from SI.com

We have a better chance of making the playoffs than the 4-1 Aints.

I think he has a point and as I keep saying, lets wait till the half way point before we start tooting that trumpet

PS

:seasux:

RamDodger is offline Registered User

I think it's fair to say we've been on the fortunate end of some "good" luck to start the season but sometimes teams ride good luck all the way to the Superbowl. I mean look what the Steelers were able to do last year.

I'm sure we'll have some losses over the next few weeks but I still think we have a legitamite chance of contending for the NFC West. I mean Seattle, KC, and Carolina haven't exactly been looking like stellar teams and if we can out of those games with a .500 or better record then we are in great shape.

Zolf is offline Registered User

He should look at the teams the Saints and Eagles have beaten, both have 3 wins against crap teams. Hell, look at the Seahawks, their wins against the Lions and Cards mean something but ours don't?

Quote Originally Posted by Zolf View Post
    He should look at the teams the Saints and Eagles have beaten, both have 3 wins against crap teams. Hell, look at the Seahawks, their wins against the Lions and Cards mean something but ours don't?
    This is what I'm saying, but we play the same teams, and we have a soft schedule.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post
    I think he has a point and as I keep saying, lets wait till the half way point before we start tooting that trumpet

PS

:seasux:

I agree, but I also feel confident that we are getting better and will win some of those games that everyone is saying we will lose. I predicted in preseason a 11-5 record am sticking by it......for now.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

The way things have played out so far, it's hard to argue with what Banks is saying. If we beat Seattle and still don't get respect, then we'll have legitimate cause to feel slighted. First things first though.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    The way things have played out so far, it's hard to argue with what Banks is saying. If we beat Seattle and still don't get respect, then we'll have legitimate cause to feel slighted. First things first though.
    Agreed completely. You can't beat Arizona, Detroit, and Green Bay and then be shocked when people aren't impressed. If this happens after a win against Seattle, then the no-love argument will have some legitimacy. Now, it's rather weak IMO.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Agreed completely. You can't beat Arizona, Detroit, and Green Bay and then be shocked when people aren't impressed. If this happens after a win against Seattle, then the no-love argument will have some legitimacy. Now, it's rather weak IMO.
    Why is everyone forgetting the Denver game.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    Why is everyone forgetting the Denver game.
    No one's forgetting the Denver game. Some of us, though, are just not overrating it. It was one of five games we've played. An opening day win over a good team doesn't necessarily mean very much, either. Just ask the 2003 Buffalo Bills.

I think what's more important to the assessment of this team is how they've played in the four games since - they lost one to an inferior team on the road, and have squeeked our victories in close games against three other inferior teams. If you look at the Denver game by itself, the Rams may look good. If you look at the entire picture though, it's not as optimistic.

I just really don't see how a 4-1 team whose four wins have come against opponents with a combined 5-14 record is getting cheated out of respect. A win against Seattle will or should catch people's eyes, but sneaking out wins against the Cardinals, Lions, and Packers is not earth-shattering.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Rip32 is offline Registered User

Remember a year or two ago when Jacksonville kept "winning ugly" just coming from behind in the late stages and hanging on for wins...so the national media lled by our "friends" at ESPN declared them the cardiac kids and how great it is that they play to the end.
    Its funny that we seem to be doing the same things this year so far and we are just "lucky to be a 4-1 team and all the teams have lost the games we have not one them.....Double standard?????

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rip32 View Post
    Remember a year or two ago when Jacksonville kept "winning ugly" just coming from behind in the late stages and hanging on for wins...so the national media lled by our "friends" at ESPN declared them the cardiac kids and how great it is that they play to the end.
    Its funny that we seem to be doing the same things this year so far and we are just "lucky to be a 4-1 team and all the teams have lost the games we have not one them.....Double standard?????
    Double standard?? Try TRUTH!!
    You cant actually be WATCHING these games and make this statement?? The Rams arent coming from behind and winning ANYTHING. They are attempting to GIVE THESE GAMES AWAY!! A couple opponents simply REFUSED THE OFFER!! They CONTINUE to fail to score TDs and have 'settled' for 3 WAY TO OFTEN! The defense often looks like SWISS CHEESE. Reality looms in the form of GOOD TEAMS. You may wanna sit down and watch an entire game or two.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

Rip32 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan View Post
    Double standard?? Try TRUTH!!
    You cant actually be WATCHING these games and make this statement?? The Rams arent coming from behind and winning ANYTHING. They are attempting to GIVE THESE GAMES AWAY!! A couple opponents simply REFUSED THE OFFER!! They CONTINUE to fail to score TDs and have 'settled' for 3 WAY TO OFTEN! The defense often looks like SWISS CHEESE. Reality looms in the form of GOOD TEAMS. You may wanna sit down and watch an entire game or two.
    Ive seen them all in their entirety buddy,just speaking my mind...

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

So then 'buddy'...if youre watching them all in their entirety, how do you declare the Rams are (by doing the "same things" as Jax) "just coming from behind in the late stages and hanging on for wins..."?? Which games did that happen in?
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast