general counsel is offline Registered User

congrats to real ram....

My proper respects to real ram, who has said for two weeks that turner was going to get cut. i never thought that would happen since he was really our only backup center. I love mccollum and hope he plays every down all year, but if he gets hurt, i guess they are saying nutten or sapiamula will take over. Of course, if turner was really a guard rather than a center, this makes more sense. I wonder if we will try to sign turner to the practice squad, i sure hope so.

Anyway, real ram is the guru of the O line.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Congrats to real ram....

Actually GC, that decision was made after the OL coaches' meeting we held yesterday.

Seriously, I just hope that the Rams OL will remain healthy for the long haul. i.e., this season! Everyone, of course, including our TEs but especially ... R. Tucker and T. Nütten.

Time to RAM RUMBLE!

Let's go! :angryram:

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: congrats to real ram....

Great Call,i To Thought Turner Would Make It, I Hope The O-line Stays Healthy.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I was surprised too that the Rams did not retain Turner. He seemed to be developing well and was able to fill in at guard when called upon... He was as far as I know the only other guy besides McCollum on the roster whose true position was center... However... there is another guy who is technically a Ram who can play center: Richie Incognito. Could it be that he is close to signing? How seriously should the Rams take his threat to re-enter the draft next year?? What team is going to reward a guy with baggage who has been out of football for two years (if he were to re-enter the draft next year), by selecting him higher than the third round, and paying him accordingly?? Methinks no team... I think he signs with the Rams. So I cannot help but wonder if there is a connection there regarding Turner's release..Thoughts anyone..??

Re: Congrats to real ram....

Is there any type of deadline for the Rams and Incognito to come to any sort of deal?

You're right, Maui, that would probably be a good cushion depth to have at Center. I've read that Richie is versatile between C and G, it's just ["...just?"] a matter of learning the blocking schemes.
    Last edited by RealRam; -09-04-2005 at 10:55 PM.

general counsel is offline Registered User

we own richie Incogs rights until next years draft. i believe that you guys are correct, the rams are hoping incog will be the center of the future, but i wouldnt count on him to play this year. On the other hand, if you want to believe in conspiracies, if the rams had richie signed today, they would need to use a roster spot on him or put him on IR. If they wait a month, ie to see how the rehab progresses, they can stall on using the roster spot, although i still dont see how he can play this year not knowing the offense at all.

keep in mind that toby cecil was signed to the practice squad, he is a center. maybe we like him better than turner. Finally, do we know for sure that we didnt offer turner a spot, maybe he turned it down.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Yes, I would hope that 'Rich' does settle w/the Rams, as you said, GC, for future's sake. McCollum is quickly nearing retirement -- maybe one more season? It would be great to have a C rookie be part of the team for years (Doug Smith, Ken Iman).

I also hope Pace's injury from Friday's game -- sprained ankle -- will be done and gone by this week in preparation for season opener. According to the PD report, X-rays were negative -- as well as Fisher's knee, negative.

Timmerman has gone through all sorts of mechanical rebuilding and repairs. I know he is a tough steel man, a la Nütten; they'll play in pain and everything but the day is still too young.

Best wishes for a healthy, even if relatively speaking, season. Let's go for it! :1: