throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New York Giants Fan Guest

Congratulations Rams Fans from a NY Giant Fan

Hey guys. Just registered today to congratulate you on the Steve Spagnuolo hiring. I'm 100% certain he will not let you down. The guy is THE REAL DEAL. I'm an NYPD officer and I've met him on a few occasions at various functions in Manhattan and let me tell you, there is no fooling around with him. He takes his job very seriously, and is dedicated to his players like nobody I've ever seen come through the coaching ranks in New York. I'm very sad to see him leave and we all would have loved for him to stick around until 2011 when Coughlin would hand over the reigns.
    I've spoken to many Giants players and not one single guy said anything negative about him. They all love him like a brother and respect him dearly. He's a hard-nosed, defensive minded genius who will DEFINATELY bring you guys a winning team next year....mark my words. Yes, he's that good. Again congrats, and good luck on a successfull 2009-10 campaign!

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Re: Congratulations Rams Fans from a NY Giant Fan

Thank you for the kind words its always nice when fans from other teams come here and give their perspective. Be sure to check in often as Spags helps turn around what has been a losing franchise.

maineram Guest

Thanks for the insite on Spags, seems to be the talk on Giants sites. Nice to hear positives from fans who rooted for him.

Maineram -

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

So are there any free agents on the Giants defense?

That would be nice.....

True2daGame Guest

I live in NY and all of my inlaws & wife family members are all Gaint fans. I broke the news to them as soon as i got home from work this afternoon they seem to be sad of the departing of Spag but also were very happy for him.

ricraam Guest

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New York Giants Fan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    So are there any free agents on the Giants defense?

That would be nice.....

As a matter of fact, yes. Safety James Butler won't be coming back. I think the G-Men are looking for Kenny Phillips to fill his spot. Butler would be a nice pick-up for any team. He's a smart, physical player.
    Now how about a reciever recommendation for us? As you know, one of ours shot himself in the leg. What an idiot!

NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by New York Giants Fan View Post
    Now how about a reciever recommendation for us? As you know, one of ours shot himself in the leg. What an idiot!
    Watch out for one of your LB's . . . he was in LQ as well . . .

As far as WR . . there is a bright guy, very talented that has been posted good numbers year after year . . . D. Bennett, don't let him slip thru your hands, I'm sure there are plenty of teams waiting to get him . . .

keith m. klink Guest

Shoot bennett in the damn leg , heck ! shoot him in both legs . As for a receiver , we will trade you straite up : Torry Holt , for Derrick Ward .

Tom_SF is offline Registered User

"Defensive Genius". Just what the Rams need. I tell you, I get better info from this board than the official site.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

As a matter of fact, yes. Safety James Butler won't be coming back. I think the G-Men are looking for Kenny Phillips to fill his spot. Butler would be a nice pick-up for any team. He's a smart, physical player.

We'll give you Drew Bennett, our no.1 hall of fame receiver, for Amani Toomer. I would say that is a pretty good trade in your favor. You get a guy with great size, speed, hands, agility, route running...etc.

Kidding aside, I am glad to hear that no one dislikes Spags. Let's hope this guy can turn our team around, and get us a winning season. I've heard that your positional coaches do a great job with the players, and that they could step up to be DC. Coughlin and Jerry Reese are smart guys. They'll know who to bring in.

CaliGirlRamsFan Guest

Thank you for your kind words. Most of us Rams fans are still in shock that we got him. Thank you for such a classy post.
    Hey guys. Just registered today to congratulate you on the Steve Spagnuolo hiring. I'm 100% certain he will not let you down. The guy is THE REAL DEAL. I'm an NYPD officer and I've met him on a few occasions at various functions in Manhattan and let me tell you, there is no fooling around with him. He takes his job very seriously, and is dedicated to his players like nobody I've ever seen come through the coaching ranks in New York. I'm very sad to see him leave and we all would have loved for him to stick around until 2011 when Coughlin would hand over the reigns.
    I've spoken to many Giants players and not one single guy said anything negative about him. They all love him like a brother and respect him dearly. He's a hard-nosed, defensive minded genius who will DEFINATELY bring you guys a winning team next year....mark my words. Yes, he's that good. Again congrats, and good luck on a successfull 2009-10 campaign!

al bondigas Guest

Also a Giants fan here. You people got a very talented head coach in Spags. His players love him and will go the extra mile for him. We certainly hate to lose him. Good luck.

RamOfDenmark Guest

Thanks for your comments Giants fans.

I'm very happy we got Spags, honestly I thought from day 1 that he would avoid the Rams because of our crappy front office and the generally poor state the whole franchise is in. Maybe getting rid of Shaw & Zygmunt is paying off already? I was expecting us to have to sign some 2nd rate coach that none of the other teams with openings wanted.

I think we just got the best headcoaching candidate out of any team this year as well as one of the smartest coaches in the league (look at how he totally outsmarted Belicheck last year etc.). Best news in a long time - how do you like Devaney/Spagnuolo instead of Zygmunt/Linehan? Man what an upgrade!

I've watched his Giants defense a lot and I have full confidence this is the man to turn things around.

SWFCRAM is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by keith m. klink View Post
    Shoot bennett in the damn leg , heck ! shoot him in both legs . As for a receiver , we will trade you straite up : Torry Holt , for Derrick Ward .

I believe that Ward is a UFA, he'd be a great pick up to back up Jackson. Surely we've got a good chance of Spags being able to attract Butler to replace Corey Chavous too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast