Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User

Re: Congratulations Rams Fans from a NY Giant Fan

Quote Originally Posted by SWFCRAM View Post
    I believe that Ward is a UFA, he'd be a great pick up to back up Jackson.
    I'll probably regret this post b/c will start a new "I don't agree with you" type of thread, but earth wind and fire would be running half of their '08 yards with our OL. The G-men OL is huge & massive and been playing together for over 4 years, they can move anybody around (except the eagles twice on 4 and 1), plus they have one of the best FB on Madison Hedgecock.. . . again . . . who did we pick up when we released Madison? probably a no name TE...

Suburbanites is offline Registered User

Another Giants fan here congratulating Ram fans for getting Spags. We have been preparing for this day for some time, we were fortunate we got another year out of him. Hopefully your organization and ownership (whoever that turns out to be) gives him a realistic amount of time to build your team. One thing for absolute certain, you D will be significantly improved next year. Depending on who the Giants hire to replace him I wouldn't be shocked if he hired someone from our staff to be his DC. I know Pete Guinta already had a run there, but he did a great job coaching our defensive backs under spags. Anyway congratulations and good luck next season.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SWFCRAM View Post
    I believe that Ward is a UFA, he'd be a great pick up to back up Jackson. Surely we've got a good chance of Spags being able to attract Butler to replace Corey Chavous too.
    I agree with you on the Butler thing, but I've heard that Ward wants to move to another team to be a starter. But with Spags here, it could influence him to maybe be Jackson's backup.

SWFCRAM is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    I agree with you on the Butler thing, but I've heard that Ward wants to move to another team to be a starter. But with Spags here, it could influence him to maybe be Jackson's backup.

I don't think that he's good enough to be a starter - he's no Michael Turner in my book. Having said that, the Giants fans on here know far more about him than me, so what do they think?
    Will he get a starters gig somewhere?

al bondigas is offline Registered User

Ward ws an UFA after last season, but got no interest around the league, mostly based on previous injury issues and the ability to stay healthy for an entire season. He's shown he can do that so he'll get offers this time around.
    Most teams use or are going to a two back rotation now, and Ward would be a nice compliment to Jackson. He's, quick and shifty at the line and can find holes at the last second. He's a decent receiver also.
    My guess is it would take about 3 years at 7.5 to 9 M to sign him.

laramsfan73 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Suburbanites View Post
    . One thing for absolute certain, you D will be significantly improved next year. Depending on who the Giants hire to replace him I wouldn't be shocked if he hired someone from our staff to be his DC. I know Pete Guinta already had a run there, but he did a great job coaching our defensive backs under spags. Anyway congratulations and good luck next season.
    I agree that the Rams SHOULD be significantly improved next year. However, I've seen a thread asking if the Rams will make the playoffs next year. I'm extremely optimistic about the Rams future with the hiring of Spagnuolo, but I am getting the feeling that some fans are expecting a John Harbaugh / Ravens turnaround here. Remember that this is the talk of the league because turnarounds such as these are the EXCEPTION, not the norm. If Spagnuolo has the Rams defense playing a lot better, has the offense producing, and Devaney is bringing in players to play Spagnuolo's style of football while winning a few more games along the way, then I won't be disappointed. I have the feeling that some might be extremely disappointed if the Rams aren't the Ravens of 2008. Remember that Jimmy Johnson didn't make the playoffs right away, although I don't think the Rams will go 1-15!

I don't think the Rams are as close as Linehan and Haslett claimed they are. I think Spagnuolo will be involved in more of a rebuilding project than we may realize.
    Last edited by laramsfan73; -01-18-2009 at 01:56 PM.

bigredman is offline Registered User

Thanks Giants fans, and get used to seeing this...
    Last edited by bigredman; -01-18-2009 at 04:02 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tommy3rd is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laramsfan73 View Post
    but I am getting the feeling that some fans are expecting a John Harbaugh / Ravens turnaround here.
    Ravens did it with a great defense and finally a decent offense.
    The way I see it, you inherited a great defensive minded coach that took the Giants to the promised land, shutting down the greatest offense in the NFL (sorry guys, i think they were better than the greatest show on turf.) And yes, I thought the defense won the Giants that championship.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    Thanks Giants fans, and get used to seeing this...
    nice photoshop work big red! or should i say "prophetic visual work!"
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by New York Giants Fan View Post
    As a matter of fact, yes. Safety James Butler won't be coming back. I think the G-Men are looking for Kenny Phillips to fill his spot. Butler would be a nice pick-up for any team. He's a smart, physical player.
    Now how about a reciever recommendation for us? As you know, one of ours shot himself in the leg. What an idiot!
    You might want to take a look a Anquan Boldin. He seems to want out of Arizona.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

blood85 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by New York Giants Fan View Post
    Hey guys. Just registered today to congratulate you on the Steve Spagnuolo hiring. I'm 100% certain he will not let you down. The guy is THE REAL DEAL. I'm an NYPD officer and I've met him on a few occasions at various functions in Manhattan and let me tell you, there is no fooling around with him. He takes his job very seriously, and is dedicated to his players like nobody I've ever seen come through the coaching ranks in New York. I'm very sad to see him leave and we all would have loved for him to stick around until 2011 when Coughlin would hand over the reigns.
    I've spoken to many Giants players and not one single guy said anything negative about him. They all love him like a brother and respect him dearly. He's a hard-nosed, defensive minded genius who will DEFINATELY bring you guys a winning team next year....mark my words. Yes, he's that good. Again congrats, and good luck on a successfull 2009-10 campaign!
    Thank you NY Giants fan. Hopefully, he can help us get another Lombardi trophy to add to the collection, like he did for your GMEN.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12