throwback week

Rams13 Guest

Cool Connected to my post "Hello Ram Fans"

I want to thank those of you who read my first ever post on this board "Hello Ram Fans" and you embraced me and welcomed me to the Herd very kindly and I appreciate that. So I thought I would take the time and paste the email I wrote the night I decided to become a Rams fan and share it will all of you. I wrote this email and then sent it to just my closest friends and a few family members. I really hope you enjoy this email and please give me your feedback, you are all very knowledgable and very kind and I'm proud to be with the Clan! Here it is:

Hello all it's me Jerry. I have a very important decision that I've made recently that I want to share with all of you. It's nothing really important but it's a really neat story actually so just relax and listen to this. As you all know I'm a big Sports fan. Baseball is my favorite sport and in 2nd place for me is Football. Well, this email is about a decision I made regarding the NFL. I've been a Green Bay Packers fan for the last 7 years as many of you are aware of. Well, after 7 years I'm officially leaving the Cheeseheads. It was a very tough decision but one that I've been thinking of for the last year and a half. I have nothing against the Packers and I will still truly wish them luck and success. The thing is that I chose the Packers as my favorite team during a time when I just came out of my wild high school days and got back into sports. Well, I never really thought it out, I just picked the Packers as I like the rich tradition they have. And I have enjoyed the last 7 years very much, however now that I'm much older and wiser and sports being one of my main hobbies I have truly hand-picked a new favorite team that I feel matches Jerry a little bit better. Not to mention that I will look better in this peticular new teams jerseys ha ha Well my decision is to become the newest fan of the St. Louis Rams. It was tough as it came down to the Rams and the Buccaneers. I really like the Buccaneers, their colors, their logos, their toughness, and their new stadium. I considered the Chargers since they are my true home team but I just could never really get behind them, I considered the ***** as I would love to go to San Francisco once a year to see them play but I didn't feel any excitement in backing them up, I also considered staying with the Packers but I've just lost the passion for them. So it was down to the Rams and Bucs, and well after allot of thought and prayer this evening on July 10th, 2001 I've decided that St. Louis is the way to go. Something about the Rams has caught my eye through the last 2 seasons. It's not the winning or the Super Bowl Championship, it's the chemistry they have developed, the way they have won over the city of St. Louis, the way that they are an organization on the uprise and deservedly so being they were down all of the 90's. The biggest story is Kurt Warner however, he has really become the true role model for me in the NFL. It's been so long that I've seen a great story of a good Christian man coming from rough times and then winning the Super Bowl all of a sudden, and the way he has handled the pressure has been fantastic. Now I had to take allot into consideration, I mean Kurt Warner, Marshall Faulk, and Isaac Bruce won't be with the Rams forever, so can I stay loyal when the Rams have people we have never heard of again? Or when they enter some losing seasons again? The answer is yes I can, because they have molded faith in my heart, an even bigger passion for football, and you all know how loyal I am to my teams. We all know how I feel about the Padres in baseball, so of course I would stay loyal to the Rams. I don't feel I've been unloyal to the Packers as I stuck with them win or lose, it's just a matter of prioritizing my life and building it the way Jerry wants it. And well my future is in blue and gold with the Rams from now on. So for Christmas and B-days please no more Packer gifts :-) I want to thank all of you for taking the time to read this email and hear my story. It may seem silly and unimportant to some of you but to have a passion for something and a role model on your favorite team is big to me as I feel it can give you extra energy to compete even harder in life. If Kurt Warner could do it in Football then I could do it in life, that's the lesson of this email ha ha Thanks everyone and join me in rooting the Rams on in 2001 to win the Super Bowl once again. And before I go I must say a special thanks to my computer friend Linda from back east who took allot of time to talk to me about the Rams and make me more knowledgeable on the team. She is a big time Rams fan who helped me see that I'm meant for Blue and Gold!

God Bless,

Jerry < One of Kurt Warners biggest fans :-)

DODRAM is offline Registered User
    Thanks for sharing that with us Jerry, it's always interesting to hear how other fans have reached the enlightened state of Ram fandom. I'm sure Warners play this year will bring even more fans to the Rams

GO CLAYMORES : DEAD BUT NOT FORGOTTEN