Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Contract Years

  1. #1
    BigDaddyPace's Avatar
    BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    32
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    9

    Contract Years

    Can one of you all-knowing moderators please tell me who is on a contract year this year for the Rams?


  2. #2
    Rams4Life's Avatar
    Rams4Life is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Toledo Ohio
    Age
    43
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Contract Years

    Travis Minor
    Aaron Walker
    Adam Goldberg
    Milford Brown
    Claude Terrell (R)
    Andy McCollum
    Brett Romberg
    Trevor Johnson
    Brandon Chillar
    Raonall Smith
    O. Atogwe (R)
    Jerome Carter (R)
    Bhawoh Jue

    That's not totally accurate, but that's what i got. Hope it helps.

  3. #3
    Bar-bq's Avatar
    Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,930
    Rep Power
    94

    Re: Contract Years

    That's about all I can think of. Good job, RFL.

    Of this group, I can see Romberg, Chillar and Atogwe to be our top targets, with the possibility of Terrell if he holds up.

    I'll be shocked if McCollum is back, and the same goes to Goldberg, Minor and Walker.

  4. #4
    rams 24/7 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    california
    Posts
    317
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Contract Years

    I think where going to let chillar go for a real play maker

  5. #5
    BigDaddyPace's Avatar
    BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    32
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Contract Years

    Thanks RF4L. Here's my take:
    Travis Minor-Has proven to be a quality back up but I doubt he will be back
    Aaron Walker-gone
    Adam Goldberg-played bad this year when we needed him most
    Milford Brown-see above
    Claude Terrell (R)- I think that Terrell is one of the few bright spots on the OL, he's great for depth, but this guy is young and probably is gonna want more $ than we will give up
    Andy McCollum- Oh Andy, thank you for all your years of service. You are easily our best interior OL and he need you back. But I think the FO will screw you like they screwed Timmerman. He's prob gonna want to much $.
    Brett Romberg-Romberg has been the biggest disapointment on the OL this year. After a promising finish last year he now looks like the worst player on the line. Let him go.
    Trevor Johnson-sucks, let him go
    Brandon Chillar-can't wait until the day his contract expires
    Raonall Smith- keep him for SP Teams if the price is right
    O. Atogwe (R)-Sign him back for depth or just in case we can't land a better replacement in the draft or FA
    Jerome Carter (R)-sign for SP Teams
    Bhawoh Jue-sign for special teams
    Cut:Pisa and Bennett (if he doesn't show us anything by the end of the year)

  6. #6
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,849
    Rep Power
    169

    Re: Contract Years

    Additionally, Nick and HUbison are both scheduled to be UFAs at the end of this year. There is some question as to whether the Clan can afford to keep them both. Clearly, they will both be looking to perform at their highest level for the rest of the season, as they are competing for cap dollars. If either is not re-signed, look for the Herd and the PD Board to show interest, though both are close to the cap.

  7. #7
    RamsInfiniti's Avatar
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    R.I.P.
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    77

    Re: Contract Years

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyPace View Post
    Thanks RF4L. Here's my take:
    Travis Minor-Has proven to be a quality back up but I doubt he will be back
    Aaron Walker-gone
    Adam Goldberg-played bad this year when we needed him most
    Milford Brown-see above
    Claude Terrell (R)- I think that Terrell is one of the few bright spots on the OL, he's great for depth, but this guy is young and probably is gonna want more $ than we will give up
    Andy McCollum- Oh Andy, thank you for all your years of service. You are easily our best interior OL and he need you back. But I think the FO will screw you like they screwed Timmerman. He's prob gonna want to much $.
    Brett Romberg-Romberg has been the biggest disapointment on the OL this year. After a promising finish last year he now looks like the worst player on the line. Let him go.
    Trevor Johnson-sucks, let him go
    Brandon Chillar-can't wait until the day his contract expires
    Raonall Smith- keep him for SP Teams if the price is right
    O. Atogwe (R)-Sign him back for depth or just in case we can't land a better replacement in the draft or FA
    Jerome Carter (R)-sign for SP Teams
    Bhawoh Jue-sign for special teams
    Cut:Pisa and Bennett (if he doesn't show us anything by the end of the year)
    Sorry, but this is a terrible analysis ...

    Both Chillar and Atogwe are continuing to develop into nice players. We need to replace Chavous not Otagwe. Chillar has 30 tackles, 3 for loss, and 2 FF on the season ...

    Pisa has looked like the Pisa of old the past couple games. Regardless, if we cut Pisa and Bennett, we'll be buried under the salary cap for years to come. It would be a ridiculous hit. We need to see what Bennett can do when he is healthy and Bulger gets behind a healthy line. I personally enjoyed seeing Bennett get 5 yards on McAlister this past game ....

    Why get rid of Goldberg and Brown? They are not starting material, but they will be depth players who know the system ....

    How can you evaluate Trevor Johnson? He rarely plays. The one game he got some significant time, he recorded a sack ...

    You want to get rid of dead weight ... cut Jeff Wilkins, Dane Looker, and Klopfenstein. Donnie Jones is perfectly acceptable as a holder, and Kevin Lovell is an upgrade over Wilkins at this point. He puts the ball in the end zone on kickoffs and looked aweesome in preseason. Klopfenstein couldn't block a FatHead sticker ....

  8. #8
    ramsbruce's Avatar
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    FIRING SCHOTTY
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,718
    Rep Power
    52

    Re: Contract Years

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Sorry, but this is a terrible analysis ...

    Both Chillar and Atogwe are continuing to develop into nice players. We need to replace Chavous not Otagwe. Chillar has 30 tackles, 3 for loss, and 2 FF on the season ...

    Pisa has looked like the Pisa of old the past couple games. Regardless, if we cut Pisa and Bennett, we'll be buried under the salary cap for years to come. It would be a ridiculous hit. We need to see what Bennett can do when he is healthy and Bulger gets behind a healthy line. I personally enjoyed seeing Bennett get 5 yards on McAlister this past game ....

    Why get rid of Goldberg and Brown? They are not starting material, but they will be depth players who know the system ....

    How can you evaluate Trevor Johnson? He rarely plays. The one game he got some significant time, he recorded a sack ...

    You want to get rid of dead weight ... cut Jeff Wilkins, Dane Looker, and Klopfenstein. Donnie Jones is perfectly acceptable as a holder, and Kevin Lovell is an upgrade over Wilkins at this point. He puts the ball in the end zone on kickoffs and looked aweesome in preseason. Klopfenstein couldn't block a FatHead sticker ....
    I agree with most of this, the one part I may have a problem with is Wilkins. Although honestly I have thought to myself maybe we should think about Lovell. Donnie Jones can hold so if Looker can't make the team as a WR then bye bye.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    The backhanded compliments about Austin Davis are amusing.

  9. #9
    RamsInfiniti's Avatar
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    R.I.P.
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    77

    Re: Contract Years

    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    I agree with most of this, the one part I may have a problem with is Wilkins. Although honestly I have thought to myself maybe we should think about Lovell. Donnie Jones can hold so if Looker can't make the team as a WR then bye bye.
    I don't see how Looker can possibly hold a spot on this team. We've got Holt, Bruce, Bennett, Hall, Hagans, and now Travis Taylor. Taylor can easily be the fourth receiver on this team, as he's more talented, catching the ball, than Hall and even Hagans at this point ....

  10. #10
    BigDaddyPace's Avatar
    BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    32
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Contract Years

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Sorry, but this is a terrible analysis ...

    Both Chillar and Atogwe are continuing to develop into nice players. We need to replace Chavous not Otagwe. Chillar has 30 tackles, 3 for loss, and 2 FF on the season ...

    Pisa has looked like the Pisa of old the past couple games. Regardless, if we cut Pisa and Bennett, we'll be buried under the salary cap for years to come. It would be a ridiculous hit. We need to see what Bennett can do when he is healthy and Bulger gets behind a healthy line. I personally enjoyed seeing Bennett get 5 yards on McAlister this past game ....
    Wow....
    Point 1: How much of Chillar's new found run production comes from the performance of the people playing in front of him?

    Point 2: How many times a game do we blitz and how many times does Pisa or Chillar get to the QB? 0 sacks this season

    Point 3: How can OJ be 2nd on the team tackles if our run D is playing so good? Because he is making tackles after the catch. Corey does need to go before him though.

    Point 4: Pisa looks like the old Pisa? If that means the old Pisa used to celebrate like he won the SuperBowl after shoving somebody out of bounds after a 5 yard gain then you are right.

    Point 5: I'm not giving Drew an pass because of his injuries. He's had alot of balls thrown his way this season and only has 8 catches. Unexceptable.

    Point 6: "Why get rid of Goldberg and Brown? They are not starting material, but they will be depth players who know the system" How is that depth working out for us now?

Similar Threads

  1. How our team shapes up contract-wise
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: -06-24-2007, 12:06 PM
  2. Iowa Coach Kirk Ferentz Has Contract Restructured
    By RamsFan16 in forum Under 18s
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: -06-12-2006, 09:33 PM
  3. NFL Free Agency Scorecard
    By RamsFan16 in forum NFL TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -04-07-2006, 12:18 AM
  4. Salary Cap Request
    By HUbison in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: -12-31-2004, 02:48 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: -06-18-2004, 04:40 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •