Thread: Contract Years

BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User

Contract Years

Can one of you all-knowing moderators please tell me who is on a contract year this year for the Rams?

Rams4Life is offline Registered User

Re: Contract Years

Travis Minor
    Aaron Walker
    Adam Goldberg
    Milford Brown
    Claude Terrell (R)
    Andy McCollum
    Brett Romberg
    Trevor Johnson
    Brandon Chillar
    Raonall Smith
    O. Atogwe (R)
    Jerome Carter (R)
    Bhawoh Jue

That's not totally accurate, but that's what i got. Hope it helps.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

That's about all I can think of. Good job, RFL.

Of this group, I can see Romberg, Chillar and Atogwe to be our top targets, with the possibility of Terrell if he holds up.

I'll be shocked if McCollum is back, and the same goes to Goldberg, Minor and Walker.

rams 24/7 is offline Registered User

I think where going to let chillar go for a real play maker

Thanks RF4L. Here's my take:
    Travis Minor-Has proven to be a quality back up but I doubt he will be back
    Aaron Walker-gone
    Adam Goldberg-played bad this year when we needed him most
    Milford Brown-see above
    Claude Terrell (R)- I think that Terrell is one of the few bright spots on the OL, he's great for depth, but this guy is young and probably is gonna want more $ than we will give up
    Andy McCollum- Oh Andy, thank you for all your years of service. You are easily our best interior OL and he need you back. But I think the FO will screw you like they screwed Timmerman. He's prob gonna want to much $.
    Brett Romberg-Romberg has been the biggest disapointment on the OL this year. After a promising finish last year he now looks like the worst player on the line. Let him go.
    Trevor Johnson-sucks, let him go
    Brandon Chillar-can't wait until the day his contract expires
    Raonall Smith- keep him for SP Teams if the price is right
    O. Atogwe (R)-Sign him back for depth or just in case we can't land a better replacement in the draft or FA
    Jerome Carter (R)-sign for SP Teams
    Bhawoh Jue-sign for special teams
    Cut:Pisa and Bennett (if he doesn't show us anything by the end of the year)

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Additionally, Nick and HUbison are both scheduled to be UFAs at the end of this year. There is some question as to whether the Clan can afford to keep them both. Clearly, they will both be looking to perform at their highest level for the rest of the season, as they are competing for cap dollars. If either is not re-signed, look for the Herd and the PD Board to show interest, though both are close to the cap.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyPace View Post
    Thanks RF4L. Here's my take:
    Travis Minor-Has proven to be a quality back up but I doubt he will be back
    Aaron Walker-gone
    Adam Goldberg-played bad this year when we needed him most
    Milford Brown-see above
    Claude Terrell (R)- I think that Terrell is one of the few bright spots on the OL, he's great for depth, but this guy is young and probably is gonna want more $ than we will give up
    Andy McCollum- Oh Andy, thank you for all your years of service. You are easily our best interior OL and he need you back. But I think the FO will screw you like they screwed Timmerman. He's prob gonna want to much $.
    Brett Romberg-Romberg has been the biggest disapointment on the OL this year. After a promising finish last year he now looks like the worst player on the line. Let him go.
    Trevor Johnson-sucks, let him go
    Brandon Chillar-can't wait until the day his contract expires
    Raonall Smith- keep him for SP Teams if the price is right
    O. Atogwe (R)-Sign him back for depth or just in case we can't land a better replacement in the draft or FA
    Jerome Carter (R)-sign for SP Teams
    Bhawoh Jue-sign for special teams
    Cut:Pisa and Bennett (if he doesn't show us anything by the end of the year)
    Sorry, but this is a terrible analysis ...

Both Chillar and Atogwe are continuing to develop into nice players. We need to replace Chavous not Otagwe. Chillar has 30 tackles, 3 for loss, and 2 FF on the season ...

Pisa has looked like the Pisa of old the past couple games. Regardless, if we cut Pisa and Bennett, we'll be buried under the salary cap for years to come. It would be a ridiculous hit. We need to see what Bennett can do when he is healthy and Bulger gets behind a healthy line. I personally enjoyed seeing Bennett get 5 yards on McAlister this past game ....

Why get rid of Goldberg and Brown? They are not starting material, but they will be depth players who know the system ....

How can you evaluate Trevor Johnson? He rarely plays. The one game he got some significant time, he recorded a sack ...

You want to get rid of dead weight ... cut Jeff Wilkins, Dane Looker, and Klopfenstein. Donnie Jones is perfectly acceptable as a holder, and Kevin Lovell is an upgrade over Wilkins at this point. He puts the ball in the end zone on kickoffs and looked aweesome in preseason. Klopfenstein couldn't block a FatHead sticker ....

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post

Both Chillar and Atogwe are continuing to develop into nice players. We need to replace Chavous not Otagwe. Chillar has 30 tackles, 3 for loss, and 2 FF on the season ...

Pisa has looked like the Pisa of old the past couple games. Regardless, if we cut Pisa and Bennett, we'll be buried under the salary cap for years to come. It would be a ridiculous hit. We need to see what Bennett can do when he is healthy and Bulger gets behind a healthy line. I personally enjoyed seeing Bennett get 5 yards on McAlister this past game ....

Why get rid of Goldberg and Brown? They are not starting material, but they will be depth players who know the system ....

How can you evaluate Trevor Johnson? He rarely plays. The one game he got some significant time, he recorded a sack ...

You want to get rid of dead weight ... cut Jeff Wilkins, Dane Looker, and Klopfenstein. Donnie Jones is perfectly acceptable as a holder, and Kevin Lovell is an upgrade over Wilkins at this point. He puts the ball in the end zone on kickoffs and looked aweesome in preseason. Klopfenstein couldn't block a FatHead sticker ....
    I agree with most of this, the one part I may have a problem with is Wilkins. Although honestly I have thought to myself maybe we should think about Lovell. Donnie Jones can hold so if Looker can't make the team as a WR then bye bye.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    The backhanded compliments about Austin Davis are amusing.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    I agree with most of this, the one part I may have a problem with is Wilkins. Although honestly I have thought to myself maybe we should think about Lovell. Donnie Jones can hold so if Looker can't make the team as a WR then bye bye.
    I don't see how Looker can possibly hold a spot on this team. We've got Holt, Bruce, Bennett, Hall, Hagans, and now Travis Taylor. Taylor can easily be the fourth receiver on this team, as he's more talented, catching the ball, than Hall and even Hagans at this point ....

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post

Wow....
    Point 1: How much of Chillar's new found run production comes from the performance of the people playing in front of him?

Point 2: How many times a game do we blitz and how many times does Pisa or Chillar get to the QB? 0 sacks this season

Point 3: How can OJ be 2nd on the team tackles if our run D is playing so good? Because he is making tackles after the catch. Corey does need to go before him though.

Point 4: Pisa looks like the old Pisa? If that means the old Pisa used to celebrate like he won the SuperBowl after shoving somebody out of bounds after a 5 yard gain then you are right.

Point 5: I'm not giving Drew an pass because of his injuries. He's had alot of balls thrown his way this season and only has 8 catches. Unexceptable.

Point 6: "Why get rid of Goldberg and Brown? They are not starting material, but they will be depth players who know the system" How is that depth working out for us now?