Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Controversial Thread: Do you want us to win anymore games?

we'd probably either trade the pick for a corn dog and a 6th rounder
    Funny but true.

Dr MartinVonNostrand is offline Registered User

hang on ......................... we're supposed to win the games?

ah .........

"This is all in her mind, okay? She is insane. She thinks I made her sick because I coughed on her doorknob, rubbed her stapler in my armpit, and put her keyboard on my butt. Yeah... She's a whacko."

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    GC, you have been around the Rams longer than I have, so I know you have seen how the draft works. Just because a player is taken high in a certain round, there is no guarantee on his success. For instance, Deion Branch was the #65 pick in the 2002 draft. No one can say he has not been successful. J.P. Losman was taken by Buffalo at #23, I believe, in 2004. Which of these picks is the REAL impact player? Branch is more consistent, and Losman is still trying to justify being picked in the first round.
    You can't compare Branch and Losman, first they play different positions and QB is much tougher to play than WR, also Branch went to a talented team in the Pats, while Losman went to the Bills who haven't been good in a while.

With that being said, I want to win but I do understand we aren't going anywhere this year, so if we do lose, the higher draft pick does ease the sting of losing a little bit, unless we draft another Lawrence Philips type. :x
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    The backhanded compliments about Austin Davis are amusing.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    You can't compare Branch and Losman, first they play different positions and QB is much tougher to play than WR, also Branch went to a talented team in the Pats, while Losman went to the Bills who haven't been good in a while.

With that being said, I want to win but I do understand we aren't going anywhere this year, so if we do lose, the higher draft pick does ease the sting of losing a little bit, unless we draft another Lawrence Philips type. :x
    Yeah, but those two players also play on another side of the ball...Right now, we're obviously in great need of defense...and that's where we're going to be drafting 1st round for awhile.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    Yeah, but those two players also play on another side of the ball...Right now, we're obviously in great need of defense...and that's where we're going to be drafting 1st round for awhile.
    Ummm ok, I never said we weren't in need of defense. I'm just pointing out since RFS brought it up, that using Branch and Losman as an example isn't a fair comparison.

rampete is offline Registered User

what good has drafting in the top 10 consistently done for the lions and the birds in 'zona...?

aren't you confusing "intellect" with "want" GC?

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Ummm ok, I never said we weren't in need of defense. I'm just pointing out since RFS brought it up, that using Branch and Losman as an example isn't a fair comparison.
    OK, you are right. I should have looked up a couple of DB's or something.

My point I was trying to make is that draft position does not, and CAN not guarantee a potential player's worth.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

I certainly want to win any games that we can.

Perhaps we will not make the playoffs, but there are other levels of success for which to root. The winning of an individual game is something to cheer for. I was coming through St Louis back in 2002 and happened to be there for the last game of the season. The best we could do was 7-9 or fall to 6-10. I bought tickets and went. Even though the Whiners were ahead after three quarters by a large amount, I stayed and continued to yell for the Rams. We won that game.

Last year, I went to the final game in Dallas. Sure, we were 5-10, but not only did I root for the Rams, I rooted for Marshall Faulk. Perhaps that was Marshall's last game as a Ram? I was there and I am glad to have been there.

There is the rooting for the individual players to have a breakout game, the big TD catch, the multi-sack game, whatever you can home in on to cheer.

Never, and I mean, never, do I want my Rams to lose a game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ram on is offline Registered User

I just hope we don't return to our ways of the '90's when we were one of the worst franchises of the decade...only the Bengals were worse. I'd like to see us win out our last three, but the game I'm interested in us winning is against the "Deadskins"....being from Va. I'm surrounded by fans and have to suffer their games every Sunday on TV regardless of their record. I've been a Rams fan for 30 years and I feel now just as I did when I was 10...Hit 'em in the mouth and break 'em down like a single barrel shotgun!!! GO RAMS!!!

Rambos is offline Registered User

Those that would not mind if the Rams lost the rest of their games, will you not ripped them after every game. In all fairness it is what you want right.

ram on is offline Registered User

All I ask for is for the Rams to remain competitive. I waited from 1979 to 1999 for a return trip to the Super Bowl..suffered thru the hapless 90's...suffered the consecutive losses to the Whiners during that time frame and watched Adam Viniteri break my heart with a last second field goal in the SB. We've got some good players...our offense still can light it up, but I'd like to see us run Jackson more and play smash mouth football. We NEED a bigger defensive line to stop running backs and other teams from dragging us up and down the field. Our team is getting older but I can't bring myself to accept any losses we may incur during the year. To quote an old cliche...just win baby!!

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Yes.Counting on the position of your first round pick to solve our problems isn't the panacea for all of our ills. In fact, given our draft record, it may not be the panacea for any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    OK, you are right. I should have looked up a couple of DB's or something.

My point I was trying to make is that draft position does not, and CAN not guarantee a potential player's worth.
    Nope, of course not, there are never any guarantees, and again Lawrence Phillips comes to mind. :x

rampete is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang View Post
    Yes.Counting on the position of your first round pick to solve our problems isn't the panacea for all of our ills. In fact, given our draft record, it may not be the panacea for any of them.
    nicely put fat pang...charles armey, shaw and zyggy are unchanged variables that wield substantial influences on draft days...

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rampete View Post
    nicely put fat pang...charles armey, shaw and zyggy are unchanged variables that wield substantial influences on draft days...
    In fact, I think they hold some accountability for the present dismal state.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast