Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    thoey is offline Registered User

Re: Controversial Thread: Do you want us to win anymore games?

Something I haven't seen mentioned yet is this. Losing breeds more losing.

NFL players are warriors (not soldiers as some idiot said). Losing is not something they want or are bred to do. When they do, their morale is lowered. The strong and best pull themselves back up and win again. The weak get used to losing, never regain their morale, and retire and die...

If it gets in this teams mind that it is okay to lose these three games, how easy do you think it is going to be to erase those losses from their minds.

This space for rent...

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

i dont want the rams to lose, but i wouldnt mind if they did

if you look at our draft busts, they have pretty much all come because we have drafted in positions which are where the talent dries up. We got lucky with Jackson, but the majority of the time we end up drafting either someone who has dropped for some reason (Barron and Kennedy) or reaching for someone because of lack of talent (Thomas and Canidate). Hill should turn out ok but we traded down for him.

What im saying is that if we do end up losing out, and get into the top 10 of the draft we should actually be able to get some talent, which would be great.

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    i dont want the rams to lose, but i wouldnt mind if they did

if you look at our draft busts, they have pretty much all come because we have drafted in positions which are where the talent dries up. We got lucky with Jackson, but the majority of the time we end up drafting either someone who has dropped for some reason (Barron and Kennedy) or reaching for someone because of lack of talent (Thomas and Canidate). Hill should turn out ok but we traded down for him.

What im saying is that if we do end up losing out, and get into the top 10 of the draft we should actually be able to get some talent, which would be great.
    Don't count on the Rams to make a good draft decision,as we have all seen far to many screw-ups in the past...Jackson is an exception and I think Hill will turn out for us...But the scary thing is that's about it out our recent draft history...And the draft is your way to re-tool for the future,and it has caught up with the Rams and that's why we have been sinking the last 2-3 year's..

MikeB1603 is offline Registered User

My belief is that the players you have now are more important than the players you are yet to have. There are only 16 games in a season, one can learn more from playing in one game than he can from 10 practices. I also believe that one can get better through winning and that it is possible that one can get worse from losing. Confidence plays a big role in the NFL, and losing games doesn't help confidence. I want the Rams to go out and win every single game they play, I never want for them to lose.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Hell yes; It's about pride and finding out what kind of team you have. The team needs a win in a bad way for confidence. This team is not going to vastly improve thru the draft, only solid F/A pick-ups will fix the problems we have.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

AugustaRamFan is offline Registered User

I think you play the games to win and have never been a fan of playing to lose, despite how admirable the outcome of the loss(es) may seem.

I think you end up with unintended side effects. Losses hurt a real pro imo. These guys are paid to play and they are charged with playing to win.

Sorry to sound so idealistic, but if you start playing for a spot in the draft, things can turn on you and you still might not get the players you really want. Thus leading one to question the rationale for playing to lose or not playing your best players to win.

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

There's no hesitation in my decision, WIN !!! always!

These are our Rams, the Horns baby! Bulger, Holt, Bruce, Jackson, Little, Witherspoon need I say more. Bite your tongues, losing should not be in the minds or opinions of us the fans or our FRANCHISE.:r :r

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

From a purely intellectual standpoint I suppose there is an argument that a team is better served by drafting higher ... I have an employee who is a whiner fan who enthusiastically cheered for his team to lose last year with the hope that SF would be able to draft Reggie Bush. Can't blame him for wanting Bush I suppose, however, if the Rams would have lost to Dallas last year we would have drafted higher and perhaps better. I watched the game with my friend who has NFL ticket, (he being a Ram fan) and that particular friend made powerful arguments that we should root for Dallas. He actually convinced me ... intellectually that is ... The one problem was: when the Rams took the field -- no contest -- all the intellectual stuff we had gone through prior to the start of the game went out the window -- There was no way I could root against the Rams. Just couldn't do it ... end of story!!

mh-i is offline Registered User

This idea of this thread will play itself out. The Rams more than likely will end up 6-10 at best anyhow. I see the difference between 5-11 and 6-10 being the Washington game.

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

I've already took some heat a few weeks ago when I stated I wanted the Rams to lose the rest of the way. Then they beat the ***** which did not hurt my feelings because I did not want another sweep.

Unless the Rams start playing with some Heart/Attitude like the Bills play with every week (or the 1st half of the Bears game) I do not want them to win. Lets move up the draft board and hope we can find the next Meriman.....

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Winning isn't everything, IT'S THE ONLY THING!!!
    Can't control tomorrow's draft; However, Today the RAMS can & should get into the habit of winning!

BE IN IT TO WIN IT! ALWAYS!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

I always want the Rams to win. That being said, as the Clan's official DraftNik, I'd be lying if I said I couldn't find the positives that would come about from a loss when we're basically out of playoff contention. Doesn't mean I cheer for that outcome, but you've got to look on the bright side of any situation, especially in a season with so few bright spots.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123