View Poll Results: What corners make this team?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ron Bartell

37 100.00%
  • Bradley Fletcher

37 100.00%
  • Justin King

36 97.30%
  • Al Harris

37 100.00%
  • Tae Evans

4 10.81%
  • Tim Atchinson

10 27.03%
  • Dionte Dinkins

11 29.73%
  • Mikail Baker

21 56.76%
  • Jeremy McGee

1 2.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Cornerback Situation

Currently at the CB position we have : Ron Bartell, Bradley Fletcher, Al Harris, Justin King, Jerome Murphy, Mikail Baker, Tim Atchinson, Dionte Dinkins, Tae Evans, and Jeremy McGee.

Bartell, Harris and Fletcher are the only locks to make the team in my opinion (Jerome Murphy on IR or PUP). That leaves many spots open, and who will step up and grab one?

Dinkins and Atchinson played good week 1 vs. the Colts. McGee stepped in too and had a nice breakup near the endzone covering the WR like a blanket.

I think at the end we will have : Bartell, Fletcher, Harris, Baker, Atchinson, Dinkins.

Who are your choices?

*MULTIPLE CHOICE POLL*
    Last edited by sosa39rams; -08-16-2011 at 11:28 PM.

DA84 is offline Registered User

Re: Cornerback Situation

I chose Bartell, Fletcher, Harris, King, Baker, and Dinkins.

Bartell, Fletch, Harris, and even King (barring injury) are locks IMO. Baker has to prove himself in game first, and Dinkins plays Spags ball and has the right size for Spags CB's. Another name not inlcuded here is Marquis Johnson who, I think, could possibly make this team over Baker or Dinkins if he comes off PUP anytime soon. Mcgee, Atchison, and Evans all are PS possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by DA84 View Post
    I chose Bartell, Fletcher, Harris, King, Baker, and Dinkins.

Bartell, Fletch, Harris, and even King (barring injury) are locks IMO. Baker has to prove himself in game first, and Dinkins plays Spags ball and has the right size for Spags CB's. Another name not inlcuded here is Marquis Johnson who, I think, could possibly make this team over Baker or Dinkins if he comes off PUP anytime soon. Mcgee, Atchison, and Evans all are PS possibilities.
    You're right, I forgot about Marquis Johnson. But yeah as you mentioned he is on PUP. I really like Atchinson and Dinkins.

DA84 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    You're right, I forgot about Marquis Johnson. But yeah as you mentioned he is on PUP. I really like Atchinson and Dinkins.
    I like Atchinson too and McGee as well, but do you think either of them make the 53 over Baker or perhaps a healthy Marquis Johnson? I could easily see it happening if they flash enough in preseaon and camp and stay healthy, but as it stands now I think of the UDFA's Dinkins has the most potential to make the final roster.

Quote Originally Posted by DA84 View Post
    I like Atchinson too and McGee as well, but do you think either of them make the 53 over Baker or perhaps a healthy Marquis Johnson? I could easily see it happening if they flash enough in preseaon and camp and stay healthy, but as it stands now I think of the UDFA's Dinkins has the most potential to make the final roster.
    I honestly think both Dinkins and Atchinson make it. Johnson as of right now needs to become healthy. I like Baker so I think hes in too. It'll be hard having 3 rookies back there so I am not 100% on Atchinson and Dinkins both making it. Though as of right now King has been nothing but injured and under performing for 3 years.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I really think (hope) they'll find someone among other teams' roster cuts to fill in as a 3rd or 4th cornerback. Al Harris has some veteran savvy and has looked good in practice, but does he have enough gas in the tank to hold up all season? Justin King has been uninspiring.

I only voted for 4 (Fletcher, Bartell, Harris, King). Tae Evans could be a darkhorse.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

I heard Dinkins name a few times in the game, maybe it was him being injured though.? Atchison played O.K.?
    A little early to tell, the Rams may sign another when the cuts have been made.?

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Of all the team "parts" the secondary is the biggest mystery to me. I'm a trench guy and honestly when there's a big play I see which lineman or linebacker gets beat and the backfielders are invisible to me and aren't there. I'm watchin the refs arms go up and I'm usually throwin stuff.
    I'm the guy that walks up after the argument's started.

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

Hope Tae Evans makes it as a wildcard, seems i selected the same as everyone else except him.

ludairv is offline Registered User

Mikail Baker? this guy who was drafted in the 7th round... what do the rams see in this kiddd :S does anyone know anything about him???

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ludairv View Post
    Mikail Baker? this guy who was drafted in the 7th round... what do the rams see in this kiddd :S does anyone know anything about him???
    *Brings time machine, travels back to the year 2000*

Tom Brady? This guy who was drafted in the 5th round... What do the Pats see in this kid?

Moral of the story, don't underestimate the potential of some late round draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by ludairv View Post
    As of right now, he is battling to be a starting corner here (Nickel). He has excellent speed and can also return kicks. He is in my opinion a lock to make the roster.