RamBamThankYouMam is offline Registered User

Cornerback situation

So I know this subject has been discussed in detail on this board, but I am still confused why another corner has not been added. Yes, I know Tim Atchison was added, but he is hardly anything more than depth. I remember when Jerome Murphy went down with an injury the Rams were looking to add another corner, and now their #1 corner is down, their best nickel corner is on the IR, and the second best corner is questionable for week 2.

So my question is this, if the Rams were looking for help at corner when they were still relatively healthy, how do they not already have somebody to step in for Bartell? I know some will say they want to assess what they before making a move. How can they hardly feel comfortable with Harris, Atchison, Murphy, and a less than 100% Fletcher? This just baffles me. I don't care how good the Rams are up front if all the opposing QB has to do is sling it into the secondary for a completion.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Re: Cornerback situation

I was hoping they would pick up Sapp from Miami when he was cut after the first game. At least he has real NFL game experience and they saw potential otherwise they wouldn't have kept him and cut the veteran. (initially)

I'm a little disappointed in the lack of effort in getting the DB situation shored up a little better.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

RamBamThankYouMam is offline Registered User

Re: Cornerback situation

I'm not too sure who would fit in best on this team, but the depth was questionable with this team 100% healthy. How can the Rams feel comfortbale with their CB depth? This question is epecially important when facing teams with two good WRs. This coming up draft should be interesting. The first three rounds will probably be composed of WR, CB, LB, or RB. Hopefully DeSpags realize in the upcoming draft to improve some of these mentioned positions. The rest can be improved through free agency.