throwback week



Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 22 of 22
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Cortland Finnegan and Fisher must have agreed at least on one thing.

  1. #16
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,564
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Cortland Finnegan and Fisher must have agreed at least on one thing.

    I think it's pretty damn safe to say that all 3 of our top CB's last year (Jenkins, Johnson, Finnegan) regressed. Also, I am very afraid of the fact that Jenkins and Johnson are two of the more penalized CB's in the league. They need to learn to use their brains.



    THE DREAM TEAM

  2. #17
    FestusRam's Avatar
    FestusRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Festus, Missouri
    Posts
    1,293
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: Cortland Finnegan and Fisher must have agreed at least on one thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I think it's pretty damn safe to say that all 3 of our top CB's last year (Jenkins, Johnson, Finnegan) regressed.
    I'd say it's obvious Jenkins and Finnegan regressed.

    However, all things considered, I wouldn't consider Johnson's season a regression.

  3. #18
    NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    2,466
    Rep Power
    74

    Re: Cortland Finnegan and Fisher must have agreed at least on one thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I don't think for a minute that Walton was pulling all the strings, all the time. Jeff Fisher is a former DC, who no doubt had input on what the Rams did defensively. As far as Finnegan, Walton's coaching style had nothing to do with Cortland's pathetic performance in 2013.
    Agree completely. Furthermore, Finnegan acknowledged that Walton "was a great defensive backs coach" yet then proceeded to blame him at least in large part for his poor play. Isn't Finnegan a defensive back? I'm no fan of Walton, but Finnegan need not look any further than his own mirror to explain his poor performance last year.

  4. #19
    Mikey's Avatar
    Mikey is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,259
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Cortland Finnegan and Fisher must have agreed at least on one thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Agree completely. Furthermore, Finnegan acknowledged that Walton "was a great defensive backs coach" yet then proceeded to blame him at least in large part for his poor play. Isn't Finnegan a defensive back? I'm no fan of Walton, but Finnegan need not look any further than his own mirror to explain his poor performance last year.
    Being a great position coach does not make one a great coordinator. Being a great coordinator doesn't make one a great head coach. We've seen examples on both many times. Even lions fans spoke highly of Walton as a db coach. He just wasn't prepared for the big job.

  5. #20
    RebelYell's Avatar
    RebelYell is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis ,Missouri
    Posts
    2,411
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Cortland Finnegan and Fisher must have agreed at least on one thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    I find it weird that people suggest Johnson played ok last year when they say Jenkins regressed. Both were worse than they were the year before.
    I find it weird that you don't understand that you can still play well but not play as well as you did the year before.

  6. #21
    NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    2,466
    Rep Power
    74

    Re: Cortland Finnegan and Fisher must have agreed at least on one thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Being a great position coach does not make one a great coordinator. Being a great coordinator doesn't make one a great head coach. We've seen examples on both many times. Even lions fans spoke highly of Walton as a db coach. He just wasn't prepared for the big job.
    Never said he was a great coordinator. The point is that Finnegan is talking out of both sides of his mouth and pinning his poor play on Walton when he should be keeping his mouth shut and looking in the mirror.

  7. #22
    tomahawk247's Avatar
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Essex, England
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,919
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Cortland Finnegan and Fisher must have agreed at least on one thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    I find it weird that you don't understand that you can still play well but not play as well as you did the year before.
    For me it's just the idea that one "regressed" when the other didn't. Both were worse than the previous season, but that doesn't mean they regressed. I fully believe that was due to scheme.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Cortland Finnegan - DB - Dolphins
    By Rambos in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: -03-14-2014, 08:51 PM
  2. E:60 Cortland Finnegan
    By ZiaRam in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: -01-11-2013, 07:10 PM
  3. E:60 - Cortland Finnegan
    By Rambos in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: -12-09-2012, 12:35 AM
  4. Not by the hairs on my Cortland Finnegan
    By Systemlangstaff in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -03-18-2012, 10:40 AM
  5. Cortland Finnegan
    By THOLTFAN81 in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: -01-23-2012, 12:25 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •