Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Could beating the teams in the west salvage our season?

Rambos is online now Registered User

Could beating the teams in the west salvage our season?

Our season is over and we have not played one game against a team in the west. I have never seen this before it's going to be week nine before we play a team in our own division.

The second half of the scheduled will be key to Spags and Billy employment with the Rams. If we can win 5 of 6 games within the division Spags and company should be fine. Split with the whiners and sweep the hawks 2-4 record and the Cards 1-5 record.

If we lose too the Cards in two weeks we will have found a new low if that's possible.

We could win four in a row by beating the cards twice in four weeks, getting a win over the 2-4 hawks and beating the Browns. That would set up our first meeting of the year with the whiners... Things could look a lot different in 5 weeks.. or not!

Let Sam sit this week out get Clayton back up this week, get Lloyd going and lets go on a run!

If we can't beat teams is the west I think it's all but over for Spags. The Hawks might have just as many issues as we do in the secondary. The Cards have a new QB in a new system and he is struggling. We can't justify loses to teams that are in the same boat we are in.

Philly fans are already whispering that Spags might be coming home to be there DC soon...

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Re: Could beating the teams in the west salvage our season?

Im not sure beating the Browns, Seahawks and Cardinals, will be much of an indicator for improvement?
    Depending on how we beat these teams, I think is whats important here.?

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I think it depends on what one's interpretation of "savlaging the season" means. I think it's certainly important for team morale and trying to end on a positive. It's important in that there are a lot of people- from players to front office people- whose jobs are on the line. And it's important for the fan base, who is completely and utterly fed up.

However, in terms of saving the season, it's all but over. Future wins against the dregs of the league doesn't erase the stain of uncompetitive, uninspired football to start the season. And it doesn't change the reality that we aren't very good and can't beat good teams.
    rNemesis likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    I think it depends on what one's interpretation of "savlaging the season" means. I think it's certainly important for team morale and trying to end on a positive. It's important in that there are a lot of people- from players to front office people- whose jobs are on the line. And it's important for the fan base, who is completely and utterly fed up.

However, in terms of saving the season, it's all but over. Future wins against the dregs of the league doesn't erase the stain of uncompetitive, uninspired football to start the season. And it doesn't change the reality that we aren't very good and can't beat good teams.
    I agree with what you are saying about beating the bottom of the barrel.

If within the first six weeks of the season we played and beat the Cards twice and the Browns followed by the Hags.. we would have beaten the same crappy teams, but the perception of the Rams would be, hey they we are 4-0we are a top team on the rise.

My take on it is we have to beat these bottom feeders not to say we are a good team cuz we all know where we are... I'm saying its a must for Spags and Billy to save their
    jobs.

For me if we win more then we lose in the second half and Spags get one more year, for me that would be "savlaging the season".

general counsel is offline Registered User

Here is a crazy thought. If we beat the browns and bengals, lose to the saints and steelers, and sweep the division games we can still potentially make the playoffs at 8-8. I am not sold on the whiners yet.

Of course, an outbreak of world peace is also a possibility.

All kidding aside, i dont think that there is any way in the world that kroenke is going to retain spags if he wins 5 games.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

DeaconJ is offline Registered User

Don't think this team could beat a drum.

rob6465 is offline Registered User

I'm sorry but i am a realist and even if we win division, we are still not in some team's level. I either want to win it all or get the 1st pick and then have a chance to win it all in 2012/2013.
    bradaram likes this.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Wins are going to come tough. On paper, the only winnable games I see are Seattle at home and Cleavland.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

you are so hopeful aren't you? 2002 we started 0-5 and then went 5-0 before losing to the deadskins. we had kurt, bulger, marshal faulk, bruce, holt, conwell, and ricky prohel on offense. defensively we had so many other components. the year prior (2001) we went 12-4 and the year thereafter in 2003 12-4. there was reason for such optimism, but i can't see where any glimmer can be seen with this team.

bradford (aka piñata) can't get a decent pass block and our receivers get hurt before they can get open. this is the bad news bears of football!!! unless i see spags with a botle of booze on the sidelines and a pretty girl at qb it ain't happening!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

rNemesis is offline Registered User

Beating crappy teams is not the way to go in terms of developing a team to compete with the elite, but as far as "salvaging the season" goes ( something I think is total bull***), if we do somehow win some games near the end of the year, then I could say he deserves a full offseason, but if we lose out, SPAGS IS GONE!!!!!!! Now I know that for a FACT!!!! There is no way in hell he can stay after losing to teams that are worse ( on paper) than we are....

But then again, losing out would'nt surprise me in the LEAST...

mh-i is offline Registered User

0-6, soon to be 0-7, the season itself isn't a complete waste. The Rams now know, if they didn't before, that they're still a half a dozen players away from competing with the leagues best teams.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    you are so hopeful aren't you? 2002 we started 0-5 and then went 5-0 before losing to the deadskins. we had kurt, bulger, marshal faulk, bruce, holt, conwell, and ricky prohel on offense. defensively we had so many other components. the year prior (2001) we went 12-4 and the year thereafter in 2003 12-4. there was reason for such optimism, but i can't see where any glimmer can be seen with this team.

bradford (aka piñata) can't get a decent pass block and our receivers get hurt before they can get open. this is the bad news bears of football!!! unless i see spags with a botle of booze on the sidelines and a pretty girl at qb it ain't happening!
    It's not the fact that this team will all of sudden get really good... it's more about the teams coming up are just as bad... and if we can beat the Cards, Hags and the Browns. All I'm saying is if we can get a win or two the players can gain some confidence and who knows. I'm not delusional trust me I can see us going 2-14 and blowing this thing up again...

We have not seen Sam, Lloyd, Clayton and SJ play together yet... there may be some game in that group... if we ever see it. there is a little hope there...

The way I see it is if we go 1-15 2-14, we are starting over! New GM and new coach. The last change we seen all of our draft picks from the old staff tossed out like yesterdays newspaper. (kinda feels like that.s happen already).

They will want their own players so the first two years will be turning over the roster just like we just did... I think there is nine players left from SLOP days... something like that. it will be three years before we can see what they have done and if by chance the injury bug hits us hard... we can be doing this again,

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post

Are you counting the ones that we lost in the 6?

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Why do people keep talking like this? We average 9.3 points a game...I don't see why everyone thinks were gonna kill it this 2nd half of the season? It doesn't matter who we are playing because we are the worst team in the NFL... (Dolphins and Colts are as bad as us).... Everyone thinks just because we play the Whiners, Browns, Cards, and Hawks that suddenly we will start winning...not gonna happen until we can score.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Are you counting the ones that we lost in the 6?

Don't really understand your question, Rambos. I'm contending that while we may have something to hang our hat on if we get a few wins down the road against the division, at 0-6 (soon to be 0-7), our season is essentially over. And wins against Seattle, Cleveland and Arizona won't mask the fact that we're still miles away from being a good team. We've suffered double digit losses to everyone other than Washington.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast