STLRAMSFAN Guest

Could Linehan have made a deal?

Linehan likes using a good TE in his offense. Maybe he made a deal with Haslett saying I will trim 8 mil from the offense (cut Bruce) that we can spend on the defense in free agency if I can use the #1 pick on Vernon Davis. I think 8 mil dollars to go shopping in the free agent market is comparable to a frist round pick.

If I had to chose between 8 mil to spend in free agency or the #1 draft pick I would chose the 8mil if I wanted to turn a team around quickly. With only half that 8 mil we got Glover who will be better then any defensive player we could pick
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -03-09-2006 at 10:25 PM.

sbramfan is offline Registered User

Re: Coul Linehan have made a deal?

I don't know if it was a straight deal, but I said the same thing. Basically he has come out and said that they will fill the needs in FA, and draft the best available, so if they fill all the holes in this D with free agents, then he would be free to go for Davis.

Only problem with this theory is that I'm not sure he'll be around at #11?

I would like to see them get him if they add a LB or 2 and a Safety in Free Agency.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

why would he cut Bruce when he's saying he wants him back?

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6
    why would he cut Bruce when he's saying he wants him back?
    Yes why would he and the answer is he don't want him back unless its at a minimal price. Bruce will be able to get more some where else if he wants it. If he wants to take less he will be back.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -03-09-2006 at 10:42 PM.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

That makes no sense.

Bruce was offered a deal that would have paid him 5 million this year, so the facts don't fit your conspiracy theory.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    That makes no sense.

Bruce was offered a deal that would have paid him 5 million this year, so the facts don't fit your conspiracy theory.
    Maybe not but I like it.

Whats your theory on why we cut him before we had to and then say we want him back? I read reports saying the Rams met with Bruces agent and no new contract proposals have been exchanged. IMO I think they could have renogotiated a new contract for for less then he would make as a free agent. If they really wanted him back they would have signed him already.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -03-09-2006 at 11:27 PM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN
    Maybe not but I like it.

Whats your theory on why we cut him before we had to and then say we want him back? I read reports saying the Rams met with Bruces agent and no new contract proposals have been exchanged. IMO I think they could have renogotiated a new contract for for less then he would make as a free agent. If they really wanted him back they would have signed him already.
    They cut him when they did, so they wouldn't have to pay him the $1.5 mil roster bonus he had coming the next day.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

I am sick of all the talk about conspiracy theories and Bruce not coming back to the Rams. I will preface this by saying that this is aimed at no one in particular as we are all Rams fans, but for God's sake just give Bruce whatever it takes, which does not seem to be a whole lot, and bring him back to finish his HOF career as a Ram.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    They cut him when they did, so they wouldn't have to pay him the $1.5 mil roster bonus he had coming the next day.
    We cut him on Sunday and the CBA got extended its my understanding we had until just before free agency started before he would get the $1.5 mil and we chose to cut him anyway a few days before we had to. I could be mistaking.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce=GOAT
    I am sick of all the talk about conspiracy theories and Bruce not coming back to the Rams. I will preface this by saying that this is aimed at no one in particular as we are all Rams fans, but for God's sake just give Bruce whatever it takes, which does not seem to be a whole lot, and bring him back to finish his HOF career as a Ram.
    I like Bruce but I am a team fan first what ever is best for the team and if it means bringing back Bruce I am for it. If it means spending the money on defense I am for that. All I care about is the W's I want to see the W's. With that said Bruce is probably the Ram I respect the most for what he did for this team, his town, and football its self. Bruce was always a true class act he put up great numbers and shined in big games and did it without a look at me approach.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Could Linehan have made a deal?

Bruce will be back. I would assume he wants to retire a RAM.