RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Could we see Aaron Walker in the backfield this week?

With Hedgecock gone, and Owens likely not even active, is there any chance we are going to see Aaron Walker, or even McMichael, lining up in the backfield as a lead blocker or an HB? Walker is a beast when it comes to blocking and I definitely think they could get a little creative bringing him or McMichael out of the backfield and flaring around the middle for some nice gains on the pass ...

I'm sure we'll see Leonard back there some, but I am still up in the air about how good a lead blocker he could possibly be at his size ...

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Re: Could we see Aaron Walker in the backfield this week?

I'm sure we'll see Leonard back there some, but I am still up in the air about how good a lead blocker he could possibly be at his size ...

Remember how good Faulk was when it came to blocking; size dose not matter.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I'm actually expecting to see more and more of Leonard as the season rolls along.:r

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

I'm not concerned with his ability to pick up the blitz or block push rushers, I worry he is too small to be a lead blocker for SJ. I sure hope though that we get him more involved sooner than later. It seems he has excellent hands. Just think about it ...

If we line Leonard and Jackson in the backfield together, with McMichael on the edge, and Holt and Bruce wide, you've got five excellent receivers, albeit only two are actually WR ...

I would think I am not the only one excited about that possibility ...

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I think there's a chance you could see Klopfenstein as an H-back or Leonard in the backfield as a lead blocker. There are definitely some options we could try out.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

keith m. klink Guest

as of right now , i am so confused i really couldn't put a finger on where to start . 1.) first of all why did hedgecock get sent away , it seemed that he did a great job for jackson last year , and how does jackson feelabout this , and why wait till after game 1 to let him go and go get OWENS to come in and start with a new team and RB . 2.) what about the TE 's , mcmichael , klopfenstein , walker , byrd , now OWENS and what about the ernie conwell thing . there can only be so much room on the roster . the team didn't use the TE's at all for any purpose in game 1 , and owens is also a long snapper , does that mean chris massey's day's as wilkins long snapper are numbered . i liked hedgecock , i was one who actually had the RAM's drafting him in the 7th rd. on my draft board that year. so as of this first game , i am just befuddled on what the heck the rams are doing or what their gameplan is .