RamWraith is offline Registered User

Countdown To Cutdown: Linebackers

Post-Dispatch
    08/25/2005

Rosters must be trimmed to 65 players by Tuesday and to 53 by Sept. 4.

LBs in camp: 9

Likely to make final roster: 6 or 7

Safe & sound: Brandon Chillar, Chris Claiborne, Dexter Coakley, Trev Faulk, Robert Thomas, Pisa Tinoisamoa

On the bubble: Jeremy Loyd, Drew Wahlroos

Probably not: Louis Ayeni

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Countdown To Cutdown: Linebackers

I Agree With That.

AugustaRamFan is offline Registered User

w/r to the linebacking corp...

The Rams still lack a certian "meanness" in the middle. I am not sure Claiborne is the answer. You would think that I might remember this guy given all the Turkey Day games as I have watched, but he has never stood out as a nasty player.

By "nasty", I mean that in a good way, somewhere between Hacksaw Reynolds and Conrad Dobler...I do not mean psycho-mean as in Romanowski....

I want receivers to be fearfull of dragging across the field looking for a dump off. I want runnning backs to hesitate as they pick a hole. I want a real middle linebacker.... I hope we have at least something like that!:clanram:

rampete is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AugustaRamFan
    w/r to the linebacking corp...

The Rams still lack a certian "meanness" in the middle. I am not sure Claiborne is the answer. You would think that I might remember this guy given all the Turkey Day games as I have watched, but he has never stood out as a nasty player.

By "nasty", I mean that in a good way, somewhere between Hacksaw Reynolds and Conrad Dobler...I do not mean psycho-mean as in Romanowski....

I want receivers to be fearfull of dragging across the field looking for a dump off. I want runnning backs to hesitate as they pick a hole. I want a real middle linebacker.... I hope we have at least something like that!:clanram:
    you took the words right out of my thoughts...maybe the rams need to draft a FS and a LB in the first two rounds next off-season...there should be some good players coming into the draft...