majorram is offline Registered User

A couple of questions about OUR D!!!

Just a couple of questions to the CLan.........

After watching the Game again on tape, "yes it was hard, VERY"......... Why the hell was the D not fired up, in there lines, EVEN lined up right,the falcons seemed to have five blockers to our Four, when they ran to one side.... yes I know they have Vick ( a great runner he is), but the linebackers where just transfixed on Vick???, errrrrrrrrr theres another 10 players on the pitch boys.!!!!!!!!....I mean the game was 7-7 and the Falcons were driving, Edwards had a chance for the interception and it went straight through his hands, easy catch though..( I suppose it's just been that type of year). the safeties looked all out of synch... WERE THEY EVEN PLAYING!!!!!!!... whats happened to the Arch?????.is it the system, injury..........WHY WHY WHY!!!!!

just some questions........any answers Clan????????? com on AV, Nick cheer me up :disappoin

steve :ramlogo:

*)80 is GOD(* Guest

Re: A couple of questions about OUR D!!!

The entire year ive been asking, no praying that the defense would wake up and realize that they were in the NFL playoffs and play. V. the seahawks the defense collapsed near the end and the only thing that saved us wuz the seahwaks inability 2 make clutch catches. And Archuleta aww man dissapointment i woulda figured he wanted 2 hit Vick a few times.

And Major Ram props 4 being able 2 stomach watchin the game again

raminsyr is offline Registered User

Edwards had a chance for the interception and it went straight through his hands, easy catch though..( I suppose it's just been that type of year).

The understatement of the year.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

is it the system, injury
    IMHO, I think it's both. Our D has dealt with a lot of injuries this year...T Fisher, Aeneas, Arch, Pisa, Thomas, Polley, Kennedy, Tyoka, etc. And those are just the ones that the media knows about. I'm sure there are others. Plus this is a young defense that is just learning how to play D in the NFL, much less with various injuries. So, yea, part of it is injury.

However, a big chunk is the system. Moose Johnston hit it on the head last night when he said the "defense is reading too much". They're still reacting instead of acting. Trying to guess which gap the play is going instead of just having an assignment and the discipline to fill it. This system makes them look slow, and speed is the only thing this defense has going for it. It's foolish to run our personnel in a system that relies on each position over-analyzing each down. You can be successful with this system against a bunch of 2nd stringers (Philly 3 weeks ago), another vanilla system on offense that is even more predictable and takes even longer to develop (Jets 2 weeks ago), or against an offense that has no faith in itself (Hawks last week). But the one offense that this system can not play with is a run-oriented offense helmed by an option QB that can evade and make plays (Falcons yesterday)

Again, this is just my opinion, but I think it's both injuries and system. My new mantra for the offseason, fire Marmie.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I really think the problem lies with the LBs. They just don't seem to fill the gaps and make solid tackles with enough frequency. Pisa should be back. The others need to be upgraded.

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Didnt Lovie come in saying lets keep it simple stupid,hell of a defensive cood.Now here we go back to a scheme to complicated,and it showed big time. You cant go from 12th overall D to nearly dead last and still say you believe in the guys system. We have the same people as last year,so if that doesnt speak volumes, I dont know what does :ramlogo: :ramlogo: :ramlogo:

*)80 is GOD(* Guest

Pisa is good others have 2 go and i c wha u guys mean the D overdoes it with all the what ifs and mayb's and dont react and rams can play smash mouth 2 sum degree i mean with Little, Pisa, and Archuleta who might aswell be a LB, we have 2 work on the backfield develop Garrett and get Aeneas back 2 FS he cant play CB like he used 2. I mean you would think a team with so much emphasis on offense would like 2 have a defense tha could let tha offense work calmly. Jus my two cents

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I just don't think we were very good at all, even stemming all the way back to about Week 10 of last year.

Honestly, I'd keep the Front Four (even maybe DLew), Pisa.......and that's about it.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    I just don't think we were very good at all, even stemming all the way back to about Week 10 of last year.

Honestly, I'd keep the Front Four (even maybe DLew), Pisa.......and that's about it.
    Maybe so. I'd hate to have to go through another turnover again like in 2001, but that maybe what's best.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod