Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Cowboys fan reactions after Rob Ryan was fired

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Cool Cowboys fan reactions after Rob Ryan was fired

I was going to include this in a reply to another thread, but it was too long and hilarious. Maybe this will help some of the Rob Ryan doubters, though I understand why they need to be convinced. (It's wait-and-see for me, but I love his attitude and passion.)

I will try to censor as best I can. Sorry if I miss something.

I have absolutely no idea what jerrys rational was. This guy is the best thing that was happening for Dallas. **** our organization, i hope he kicks our ***** wherever he ends up next year.
    No joke, he will definitely be a HC somewhere. I love that guy.
    Offense is Terrible... Let's fire defensive coordinator.
    Makes perfect sense
    If true it's bull****. The man had 7 starters injured throughout the entire season, not much he could do.
    Holy **** Jerry you are so *******.
    WHAT THEY **** THEY FIRED HIM BY PHONE? JESUS CHRIST JERRY WHAT ARE YOU DOIN
    We had a top 5 defense before those starters were injured. For ***** sake, Jerry.
    Even with those starters gone we still had a pretty solid defense. This honestly makes me sad to core.
    And yeah the phone thing is not cool.
    We had player starting who were on their couch Tuesday and starting for us Sunday. Such bull****.
    WHY IS JERRY JONES SUCH AN IDIOT?!
    I would rather have had him fire Garrett and make Rob Ryan head coach.
    **** you Jerry.
    Are you ******* kidding me. This is absolutely the worst move anyone can make.
    He was the only person on the sidelines with any sort of fire or passion for the game. Here comes more vanilla football with another 8-8 season, wasting what precious years our guys like Romo, Witten, and Ware have left.
    And cowboys fan everywhere questioned if all those years of support were really worth it but we all just come running back for more.
    i just want out.
    Laugh please, because this move is awful.
    I don't know of a single fan that is happy with this move. Most, including myself, are outraged.
    My friend is saying it's a good thing, but he's an idiot. If we don't win the Super Bowl, he wants everyone fired each year.
    The biggest issue with the Cowboys is that Jerry Jones has the same expectations as your idiot friend.
    Torry Holt, ManofGod and Haste like this.

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

Re: Cowboys fan reactions after Rob Ryan was fired

No doubt about it I'm on the wait and see approach. But I have 3 cowboy fan friends and they all hated this movie.

Watch him working with the players: Tattoo his F'ing ass! - YouTube

Cowboys players reactions:
    Jason Hatcher: It was a privilege to play under Coach Rob Ryan! One of the greatest. Sad day. I’m hurting right now.
    Sterling Moore: WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not Happy Right Now! ????
    Bruce Carter: WTF!
    Deion Sanders: "Please dont tell me the boys fired Rob Ryan? He was NOT the Problem! The players respected him. Truth"
    Obviously not the most eloquent, but here's more, from sports writers...

Rick Gosselin: No commitment to run game so you fire RB coach. No healthy bodies on D so you fire the coordinator. The real problems need to be addressed.
    Tim Cowlishaw: With all the injuries to consider, not sure how Rob Ryan merits a lower grade than Jason Garrett.
    I’m not saying getting rid of Rob Ryan is a terrible idea. I’m just curious how Jerry determined his schemes were the problem.
    Rainer Sabin: Thirty-six defenders played for the #Cowboys this season. Rob Ryan rarely played with a full deck of cards in 2012.
    Gerry Fraley: In 8 seasons as DC, Rob Ryan’s teams are 41-87. Never had a winning record. Lots of screen time.
    Last edited by evil disco man; -01-26-2013 at 01:52 PM.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

I gotta say cowboys fans are not the most classiest individuals...they must pay plenty of money just for censorship on their boards

But yes we have to wait and see with Ryan i hope he lights a fire into the guys on our D and we establish a smashmouth identity on D.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Loved the idea of signing him from day one. The thing is, people expect to see the perfect OC's or DC's available during the off-season. You aren't going to find a guy that's had a top 5 D for 5 years now available on the market and willing to take a DC job when he is obviously going to find an HC job. I'm happy with Ryan. First, we finally have an actual DC. Second, he's frickin passionate! The guy comes from a family of football. Rex has always been considered a "defensive genius", but really was he just lucky to land with the Ravens? Rob may not have had his opportunity yet, hopefully in Da Lou he has a top 5 D for the next 10 years!
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

THE DREAM TEAM

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Been on the Rob Ryan train for a loooooong time so I am very pleased.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I don't doubt many fans were ticked, as illustrated above, but I'd be willing to bet there are a fair share of Cowboys fans out there that LIKED the move as well. Ryan is a polarizing figure and evokes strong emotions- both positive and negative- from fans.

And if we've learned one thing in sports, it's this: a coach needs good players to be successful. The true measure of a coach is what he's able to do with a less than stellar cast of characters under less than ideal circumstances. From that standpoint, Ryan was a success this season, as injuries and a patchwork unit hindered what he was able to do.

We can do a lot worse than hiring Rob Ryan to run our defense.
    evil disco man and MauiRam like this.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    I don't doubt many fans were ticked, as illustrated above, but I'd be willing to bet there are a fair share of Cowboys fans out there that LIKED the move as well. Ryan is a polarizing figure and evokes strong emotions- both positive and negative- from fans.

And if we've learned one thing in sports, it's this: a coach needs good players to be successful. The true measure of a coach is what he's able to do with a less than stellar cast of characters under less than ideal circumstances. From that standpoint, Ryan was a success this season, as injuries and a patchwork unit hindered what he was able to do.

We can do a lot worse than hiring Rob Ryan to run our defense.
    Your last sentence pretty much said it all: "We can do a lot worse than hiring Rob Ryan to run our defense"... he was definitely the best available option out there.

I wasn't for the hiring of Rob Ryan at all, but in retrospect I think it will eventually turn out to be a great move by Jeff Fisher. Sure, his defenses were always middle of the pack and he never coached his team into the playoffs, but he has also been on some horrible teams with horrible offenses (Raiders, Cleveland!?!) and had a lot of injuries in his Cowboys days. Two things I do love about him: his passion for the game and how his players always seem to give 110% effort for him. C'mon Ryan, its time to unleash the defensive beast!!!
    Last edited by Vinnie25; -01-26-2013 at 11:32 PM.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Okay, to be "sure" then. If RB is almost a done deal, will Coach Fisher and his new DC work a 4-3?

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

All I can say is...are we not happy that Jerry Jones doesn't own the Rams?
    THOLTFAN81 and citr92 like this.

TorontoRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
    All I can say is...are we not happy that Jerry Jones doesn't own the Rams?
    I'm not enthused at all about Ryan's firing A loud-mouthed; vulgar; neanderthal-looking side-line roamer, and did I mention that he had one of the best D line-ups in the NFL last year and it sucked when push cam to shove, which isn't what the Rams need for 2013. If it ain't broke don't fix it and Fisher had more than a respectable defense last season witnessed by the number of games that the Rams won because of their defense and despite their lack of offense. The scheme isn't going to change so perhaps even Ryan can catch onto it and coordinate it successfully. For the Rams sake I hope so and will suspend judgment until seeing how it plays out.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoRam View Post
    did I mention that he had one of the best D line-ups in the NFL last year and it sucked when push cam to shove, which isn't what the Rams need for 2013. If it ain't broke don'
    But he actually didn't. They were killed by injuries last year.
    THOLTFAN81, NJ Ramsfan1 and citr92 like this.

citr92 is offline Registered User

I'm not enthused at all about Ryan's firing A loud-mouthed; vulgar; neanderthal-looking side-line roamer, and did I mention that he had one of the best D line-ups in the NFL last year and it sucked when push cam to shove, which isn't what the Rams need for 2013. If it ain't broke don't fix it and Fisher had more than a respectable defense last season witnessed by the number of games that the Rams won because of their defense and despite their lack of offense. The scheme isn't going to change so perhaps even Ryan can catch onto it and coordinate it successfully. For the Rams sake I hope so and will suspend judgment until seeing how it plays out.
    "if it ain't broke don't fix it" is such a stupid expression

why would you wait for something to break before fixing it?
    sure fixing is normally for broken things...but improving something so it doesn't break is FAR better than fixing a broken anything

anyway, back to rob ryan, since this will be fisher's D not ryan's i'm sure it will be way better with ryan just running fisher's system rather than implementing his own system

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by citr92 View Post
    "if it ain't broke don't fix it" is such a stupid expression

why would you wait for something to break before fixing it?
    sure fixing is normally for broken things...but improving something so it doesn't break is FAR better than fixing a broken anything

anyway, back to rob ryan, since this will be fisher's D not ryan's i'm sure it will be way better with ryan just running fisher's system rather than implementing his own system
    You can also end up breaking something in your attempt to improve it. Many teams have done this, screwed up the chemistry and lowered the performance of everyone. In the sports context, it can also be said as "Sometimes the best moves are the ones you don't make." Does that happen every time? No. But it's certainly possible to try to improve a strength and actually make it worse.

Back to Rob Ryan for me as well, I can understand the Cowboy's fans frustration. Their D did actually improve under Ryan, and he was playing short-handed all season. In that sense the firing didn't make any sense. To me it screamed making a move for the sake of making a move. However it could also be that Ryan clashed with Jones/Garrett too much for their liking, so they dumped him. Whatever the real reason, Ryan's firing from Dallas did not seem like a football decision.
    evil disco man likes this.

A loud-mouthed; vulgar; neanderthal-looking side-line roamer
    I kind of like that description.

and did I mention that he had one of the best D line-ups in the NFL last year and it sucked when push cam to shove
    They were #5 overall after Week 8, before their D was destroyed by multiple injuries.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast