Marc Bulger Fan is offline Awaiting Email Conformation

Cowboys QB Romo will not start vs. Rams

DALLAS (TICKER) —Dallas Cowboys Pro Bowl quarterback Tony Romo will be active, but will not start Sunday vs. the St. Louis Rams due to the broken pinkie on his throwing hand.

Brad Johnson, 40, will make his first start in two years for Dallas (4-2), which has lost two of its last three games. Johnson’s last start came in December of 2006 as a member of the Minnesota Vikings.

The Dallas Morning News reported Saturday that the news came from Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones.

Romo was initially expected to miss two to four weeks after suffering on the first play overtime in last week’s 30-24 loss to Arizona. However, he threw passes with a splint on the finger on Wednesday and practiced Thursday.

Romo watched practice Friday, and wore a different wrap on his right hand than the one he had for Thursday’s practice. Afterwards, Jones went on his weekly radio show and said, “It’s very likely that he’ll be ready to play. The question is, can he handle the pain?”

A Pro Bowler last season, Romo has thrown for 1,689 yards and an NFL-best 14 touchdowns.

Cowboys QB Romo will not start vs. Rams - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Cowboys QB Romo will not start vs. Rams

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Bulger Fan View Post
    DALLAS (TICKER) —Dallas Cowboys Pro Bowl quarterback Tony Romo will be active, but will not start Sunday vs. the St. Louis Rams due to the broken pinkie on his throwing hand.

Brad Johnson, 40, will make his first start in two years for Dallas (4-2), which has lost two of its last three games. Johnson’s last start came in December of 2006 as a member of the Minnesota Vikings.

The Dallas Morning News reported Saturday that the news came from Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones.

Romo was initially expected to miss two to four weeks after suffering on the first play overtime in last week’s 30-24 loss to Arizona. However, he threw passes with a splint on the finger on Wednesday and practiced Thursday.

Romo watched practice Friday, and wore a different wrap on his right hand than the one he had for Thursday’s practice. Afterwards, Jones went on his weekly radio show and said, “It’s very likely that he’ll be ready to play. The question is, can he handle the pain?”

A Pro Bowler last season, Romo has thrown for 1,689 yards and an NFL-best 14 touchdowns.

Cowboys QB Romo will not start vs. Rams - NFL - Yahoo! Sports
    That's only good news for us.

Here's hoping Little, Carriker Long, and Adeyanju give Johnson some medicine.

GO RAMS

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I am not sure that is good news. It probably would have been better for Romo to play hurt, than to have a fresh new body in there. Brad Johnson has plenty of experience with winning games and he has been practicing with the first stringers all week. I hope he is rusty and easily flustered, but that's probably not going to be the case.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    I am not sure that is good news. It probably would have been better for Romo to play hurt, than to have a fresh new body in there. Brad Johnson has plenty of experience with winning games and he has been practicing with the first stringers all week. I hope he is rusty and easily flustered, but that's probably not going to be the case.
    I agree, I don't think this is good news at all. Brad Johnson is a very capable QB in this league even at the age of 40, I would rather go against an injured starter than a healthy capable back-up any day, no matter who the player is. If your QB is hurt there is no way you can utilize the full potential of your offense but if the 2nd guy has had the luxury of taking all the snaps in practice with the 1st team guys you go into Sun really not missing a beat. Here's to hoping the pass rush shows up today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]