Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Craig Dahl...

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is online now Registered User

Re: Craig Dahl...

Well, obviously, he's the best the Rams have or else why would a great coach like Fisher have him out there? I believe he knows more about football than anyone of us. SO, again, he's out there because he's the best option the Rams have.

Will he be there next year?

Gawwd I hope not.
    RealRam, Nick, Tampa_Ram and 1 others like this.

Faithful Rams fan since 1968

ManofGod is offline Registered User

It is ignorant to blame Dahl for the defensive issues on this team. I have been saying all year that our front 7 is an issue especially our DT's, yet since they make positive plays at times, people tend to ignore that. The front seven should never allow a RB to make it to "the next level" of a defense, yet NO ONE seems to have noticed our DT's being pushed around & our LB's being out of position today.
    RealRam likes this.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I don't dislike Dahl. I just think that the front office/coaching staff should have realized that he wasn't cut out to start. If he wasn't playing for us, I think he could find work elsewhere in the league but almost certainly as a backup. I don't question his effort, but I don't think he has the speed to make up for mistakes in play recognition. He always seems to be just a step behind where he needed to be to actually break up a play rather than trying to control the damage after the opponent has picked up a bunch of yards.

Jockelite is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    You could put money on alot of things that are equally as stupid. Darian Stewart is no more of an answer than dahl. Believe it or not we do not have any elite players on this defense. Most of them are bums and castoffs.

Still no answer where the LB's were on the play?
    I think you are confusing me with other posters. I DID NOT CLAIM Craig Dahl was the perpetrator on the play. The Linebackers were NOT doing their job as the entire Defensive line was NOT.

And i'm sorry I would rather see Darian Stewart on the field than Craig Dahl, but a differentiating opinion is not stupid and you are being incredibly juvenile with your statements. I am simply saying that Craig Dahl is not a good player it is not that hard to understand.

And to conclude, I dont know of really any bums or cast offs starting on our defense. Yea Robert Quinn and his 9.5 sacks makes him a bum so does Chris Long, Langford, Brockers, Jenkins, Finnegan, Laurinaitis, Dunbar. The only player on the fence as a "Bum or Castoff" is Mcintosh and i'm sorry but he has been more than serviceable compared to some of the past linebackers that have played. But for the sake of argument we could say he is a Bum. That would put the "Bum-Castoff" ratio to 9:2. I dont know if you ever took a math course in your "schoolin" days but most of them does not translate 9:2.
    Rambos likes this.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jockelite View Post
    I think you are confusing me with other posters. I DID NOT CLAIM Craig Dahl was the perpetrator on the play. The Linebackers were NOT doing their job as the entire Defensive line was NOT.
    And now we've come full circle. My first post in the thread, which you took exception to, stated that Dahl was not entirely responsible.

I guess you have some issue with my posts or the way I word them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Craig Dahl...

I believe it is unanimous ... CRAIG DAHL IS THE WEAKEST LINK, goodbye!!

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

I think Craig Dahl is awesome!

(sorry, but after 4 pages of replies there really needs to be something other than stating the obvious.)
    ZiaRam likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Dahl is an anagram for Hadl.
    r8rh8rmike, laram0 and bradwill like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    Yes dahl is often a liability but I ask again: where the hell was JL or any of the other LB's on the play?

If we're talking about the 82 yard TD run, then the answer is.....blitzing. At least from the interior, there was a blitzing LB.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

Here's my question....WHERE IS DARIAN STEWART??? Darian can't beat out this guy? I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by J-RodRamFan View Post
    Here's my question....WHERE IS DARIAN STEWART??? Darian can't beat out this guy? I'm confused.
    According to the Rams coaching staff.....No, he can't beat this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    If we're talking about the 82 yard TD run, then the answer is.....blitzing. At least from the interior, there was a blitzing LB.
    Um....not exactly, Hub. The play goes to the right side of the offense. The defense tries some stupid stunt that fails miserably. McIntosh is a blitz on the opposite side of the play. Langford is playing LT and he vacates his spot on the line and falls back into McIntosh's area. As Langford is doing this he looks directly into the backfield and sees that it is a running play while peterson runs right through the open spot in the line. JL and Dunbar are directly in peterson's path yet they can't get off their blocks. JL gets eaten up while Dunbar gets held. Langford does further damage as he tries to correct his position to make the stop on peterson. All he does is bottle up the play. Peterson then cuts to the left and jukes the already committed dahl out of his shorts. And the rest just leaves Eric Dickerson nervous that his 28 year old record is in dire jeopardy.

Langford vacates his line spot on one of the dumbest stunts you will ever see and the great JL can't shed his block as peterson runs right by. And we all know how the story went around here. Blame dahl before any true insight as to what happened, and attack any poster that sees otherwise.
    Rambos and ManofGod like this.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

I'll say it again Craig Dahl for MVP!!!!!!!!!!!
    You know somethings wrong when i can only muster those words when i've been drinking?
    ZiaRam likes this.

Um....not exactly, Hub. The play goes to the right side of the offense. The defense tries some stupid stunt that fails miserably. McIntosh is a blitz on the opposite side of the play.
    Um, yea.......like I said.....blitzing on the interior.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Um, yea.......like I said.....blitzing on the interior.
    Yeah, one out of three.

But the question was LBs not one of the three LBs. So, that wasn't the answer.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast