Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Craig Dahl: San Fran tipped plays last year

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Craig Dahl: San Fran tipped plays last year

Craig Dahl: San Francisco ***** tipped plays last year

• By Marc Sessler
    • Around the League Writer
    • Published: June 12, 2013 at 04:19 p.m.
    • Updated: June 12, 2013 at 05:08 p.m.

The *****-Seahawks rivalry looms as one of the NFC's juiciest matchups heading into the season, but it was the St. Louis Rams -- not Seattle -- who went undefeated against San Francisco in 2012.

Following a 24-24 tie with the ***** in Week 10, the Rams knocked off Jim Harbaugh's bunch 16-13 in overtime just three weeks later. Former Rams safety Craig Dahl, now a 49er, says there's a reason for that.
    "We had a few tips off film we were able to differentiate between run and pass early," Dahl said Wednesday, per Cam Inman of Bay Area News Group. "So that kind of gave us an added benefit on defense."
    Said Dahl: "Different personnel and different alignment stuff really were the big keys as far as giveaways. It's been addressed and corrected. They knew most of it before I even got here. We just reconfirmed it. It's ongoing self-study and self-scouting that got it cleared up, too."
    That happens in football, but it's surprising from the *****, considering offensive coordinator Greg Roman is among the NFL's most creative play-callers. San Francisco hit defenses with a frenzy of alignments and looks last season, so give the Rams coaching staff credit.

Dahl said he told the ***** immediately after signing with the team in March, and was informed that Niners coaches already knew it was an issue needing correction. As Matt Maiocco of Comcast SportsNet Bay Area points out, it's a task newly hired offensive consultant Eric Mangini might be attached to in the coming days.
    Dahl isn't exactly a world-beater at safety, but he's done his part to throw a burning log on the fire of the Rams-***** hate fest. It's June, and the NFC West looks to be a street fight.

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

Re: Craig Dahl: San Fran tipped plays last year

Somewhere in St Louis the last member of the Craig Dahl fan club is ripping down his poster.

macrammer is offline Registered User

good luck rag dahl.....please do not disappoint us on the field. Play to your usual stellar ability. Nothing more

Rambos is online now Registered User

Cortland Finnegan ‏@CortFinnegan 1h

Craig Dahl we know how you play thanks for the tips we know who to attack early and often

ram1906 is offline Registered User

It will be hard attacking Rag Dahl on the bench...he's not breaking the starting 11
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Probably won't make the final 53.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

Dave2oo2 is offline Registered User

I love the fact that Finnegan kept going and tweeted, "Craig Dahl is lame and weak for that glad he with another squad."

LMFOA.... I think that every Rams fan said that when he signed with the whiners. That is a funny tweet
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan View Post
    Probably won't make the final 53.
    That'd be hilarious.

Harbaugh: "Ok, Craig, is that all you can give us on your old team?"

Dahl: "Yes, sir. I can't wait to almost tackle someone here in San Francisco!"

Harbaugh: "Haha, yeah right. Oh, Craig one more thing before you go. Can you please turn in your playbook?"

Dahl: "Wha?"

Harbaugh: "Please leave."

hahaha

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Chris Long hopped in:

"i see where some niners fans talked pretty bad 2 @CortFinnegan today. just remember yall havent beaten us in 500 days or so"

"oh my bad i believe its 528 days"

"and neither of us got any trophies my dear"

"what have some of yall done in the last 528 days, i'll go first"

Some Whiner fan responded with this: "@HoneyBadger49er@JOEL9ONE@CortFinnegan Technically they beat the Rams in the standings... And non vagina having players."

Long responds: "@BARiggs@HoneyBadger49er@CortFinnegan no no no your mom doesn't play for us she is just a big fan"

Hahahahah. This rivalry is just heatin up.
    gap likes this.

THE DREAM TEAM

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

non vagina having players?

Apparently whiner fans can't even formulate a sentence in the English language.
    "I've been saving the Universe for over a thousand years. I figure it owes me just this once."

macrammer is offline Registered User

this is entertaining but I am a strong proponent of letting all the talking take place on the field of play.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Guess we will stick with being unbeaten against the Niners last year then...

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

But wait, there's more..................

Why Craig Dahl's words ticked off Rams

June, 13, 2013
    By Mike Sando | ESPN.com

ST. LOUIS -- The St. Louis Rams figured former safety Craig Dahl would share strategy secrets with his new team, the San Francisco *****.

Some thought Dahl crossed a line Wednesday by publicly suggesting the Rams had figured out run-pass tendencies through certain giveaways.

"The way he kind of flaunted it, like, 'Yeah, the reason why the Rams were competitive was because we knew all that' -- yeah, but we also made some plays," Rams middle linebacker James Laurinaitis said after practice Thursday. "We can know what they are doing, but you still have to do it better than them. That got under Cortland [Finnegan's] skin."

Did it ever. Finnegan, the Rams' starting cornerback, lashed out at Dahl via Twitter, calling him "lame" and promising the Rams would exploit him when the teams play during the upcoming season.

Finnegan missed practice Thursday to rest a sore calf. He was not available for interviews. Laurinaitis filled in some of the blanks.

Alex Boone, the *****' right guard, apparently helped tip off run or pass in some situations based on how he was aligned.

"They had a couple guys who had some," Laurinaitis said. "I'm not going to name them, because I'm hoping Dahl didn't share everything. I'm sure he did.

"Every game, you can find little things here and there. They just had more than normal. And when you play a good team like that and you are able to find a good tip, it helps every time you can find something that tells you run or pass."

Such information does have limitations.

"Hell, you can know it's pass every time when you're playing Aaron Rodgers and it ain't going to help you," Laurinaitis said.

The *****, meanwhile, are much more formidable in the running game than are the Packers and most teams. While the pass often sets up the run in the modern NFL, San Francisco can create opportunities in the passing game through the threat of a ground game opponents have called as multidimensional as any in the league.

"They do a lot with running and play-action," Laurinaitis said. "It helps you when you know it's play-action vs. a run. You're not going to get sucked up as much. You react to the pass better, faster."

While the Rams appeared unconcerned by the *****' play-action fakes during St. Louis' 16-13 victory in Week 13 last season, San Francisco averaged 11.9 yards per drop-back off play-action, its third-highest average of the season, according to ESPN Stats & Information. Colin Kaepernick, the *****' quarterback, completed 8 of 11 passes for 93 yards on play-action attempts against the Rams in that game.

However, the *****' running backs averaged a season-low 2.4 yards per rushing attempt against he Rams that day. They carried 27 times for 64 yards.

Rams defensive end Chris Long said he respected Dahl.

"The comments I saw from Craig were really generic," Long said. "It didn't blow me away. I can understand how somebody could feel a certain way about it, but I respect Craig Dahl and wish him the best."

As for discussing the situation publicly?

"To talk about it with the media is not something I would do," Long said, "but to each his own."

RealRam is online now Registered User

It's because we were so harsh on CDahl while he was a Rams Safety. We were just too hard on him.

Yikes. Look out. Now 'he's getting even'!

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Dahl isn't the only Whiner that Long likes to mess with:

VegasRam and macrammer like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast