Thread: Crazy thought

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Crazy thought

I realize how outstanding the Defense has played this year, im sure we all have. I'm not sure whether anyone expected what we got out of them.

For example, look at our defensive line. They are playing ridiculously good right now. They are generating a massive amount of pressure. Solid play from youngster Chris Long. He has a whole lot of patience. He waited a long time for those sacks to finally pile up. The two veterans Fred Robbins and James Hall are playing outstanding as well. I think Chris Long getting double/triple teamed has a lot to do with that.

I'm not too high on Gary Gibson, so here comes my "crazy thought". Imagine we had took Ndamukong Suh. Our defense would probably be a top 3. We would finish with a massive number of sacks. Our defensive line in my mind would be "unstoppable". Of course I'd rather stick with our current pick Sam Bradford, but darn our defense would be something you wouldn't want to mess with.

This is why I'm protesting for DE Robert Quinn next year. Imagine how much he would solidify our line.

Thanks for reading.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Re: Crazy thought

I think that if we had taken Suh, our defense would be on the field a lot longer, wearing down over time, and not getting the opportunity to tee off on quarterbacks because opponents would be running the clock on us the entire second half of every game. Plus you have to factor in the morale factor that comes with having a quarterback who gives you a chance to win games. The difference between last year and this year is incredible, and I have to think Bradford has been the biggest reason for that.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Yep, crazy thought.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

you don`t buy a Bugatti Veyron then put re-treaded tires on it....
    We didn`t invest so much in Bradford to not get him good tools to work with when the chance arises...as it will in April.
    Spags has shown throughout his career that he can coach up good base talent to become great players..as has Flajole shown that ability with Linebackers. but we don`t have that kind of track record of great coaching on Offense, so we need the better base talent to go there until that`s fixed.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

we will need to get another DT, one with more talent, either in the draft or through free agency

however i would say that while Suh is excellent, he wouldnt have helped the Rams to three wins this so far year

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

lol if we would have gotten suh, we would be in the spot Chicago is now which is not much better than what we have now.