View Poll Results: What do you think about Cris Carter coming to the Rams?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's good, improves an already awesome corps.

16 64.00%
  • Not good, he will be a distraction despite his good play on the field.

6 24.00%
  • Not sure, let's wait and see.

3 12.00%

Thread: Cris Carter

DJRamFan is offline Registered User

Cris Carter

What would you like to see come from the cris carter negotiations?

DJRamFan
    ClanRam Fantasy Football Commissioner
    2003 & 2004 ClanRam Cup Champion

ClanRam

LONG LIVE MIKE MARTZ

NFL Champions: 1945, 1951
    NFC Champions: 1979, 1999, 2001
    Division Champions: 1945, 1949-1951, 1955, 1967, 1969, 1973-1979, 1985, 1999, 2001, 2003

Super Bowl XXXIV Champions

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Talking It's a good thing...

I think it's a great move, and I'm not worried about Carter's ego getting in the way of success. The coaches will set him straight as far as his ego goes, and he will be a great leader and teacher for the players around him. I can't believe how studly our receiving corps. will be next year. I didn't think I'd see the day a team had players like Isaac Bruce, Torry Holt, and Cris Carter on the field at the same time (except in the Pro Bowl).

:shield:

MsWistRAM is offline Registered User
    He'll be a great addition, just still worried about the 'tude. But I'm hoping the team can "adjust it"! Wow, I get to see Cris Carter at Rams camp! WOOHOO!
    MsWistRAM-Hope, not expectation.

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Talking Bring Him!

ANYTIME a team can add a FIRST BALLOT HALL OF FAMER its a WIN!! Sure the guy has made me ILL over the years in Minn...but winning cures ALOT of ills. At this stage of his career the ONLY thing this guy has to play for is a title,and hes been around long enough to know that if he ROCKS this already STABLE boat...hes GONE...and so are his hopes of a NFL title to finish his career. This is a guy with a PHENOMINAL work ethic...he runs his own training facility in the off season at his home in FLA. People doubted if one JERRY RICE still had much of a contribution to make after leaving the 9ers too....he lit it up last year. Carter will make it next to IMPOSSIBLE for defenses to pick their poison. YA GOTTA LOVE THIS!!! ALL HE DOES IS CATCH TOUCHDOWNS!!!

Mr.Blond Guest

Cool

Wait a second, to those who want him to be a Ram, last i looked he's not YET. Or have i jumped the gun like the Leonard Little fiasco? It's just talk right now, right?

Aries51 is offline Registered User
    From everything I've read it sounds pretty close to being a reality.Whats cool is that the players themselves need to give their approval for it to happen.I read that Carter and Warner will meet for dinner sometime next week.Lets see what happens.I dont want to jump the gun either.
    ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

Lightbulb Wednesday...

He is meeting with Warner and team officials this Wednesday. He already met with Marshall Faulk, and Marshall approved of the move. Expect a signing any time after this Wednesday.

YodaRam Guest
    I don't agree at all!! Carter is not a good fit for us. What are we trying to become, another team with over priced over the hill players like the Redskins for one shot at the title? Look at their results!
    I know it's hard to have a dynasty in the NFL today with salary caps and free agency but if you really want to attempt it you need to develop from within with younger talent and have the savvy to find talent in the draft!If we start "patching" in people for the sake of a title then that may be all, if that, and then the rebuilding years begin.
    I really think that Carter is a cancer for the Rams!
    :mask:

Mr.Blond Guest
    Ramtoo, I hear what your're saying, and you could be right. However, I believe the cap situation isn't in jeopardy, or else the Rams wouldn't even be contemplating signing him. I've been thinking about Cris Carter, and I don't know either if it's going to be a good fit. The guy's used to losing, however he is talented. I'd like to change my vote to "not sure wait and see":mask:

Exclamation Not yet...

Keep in mind that Cris Carter moving to the Rams isn't a done deal, even if the meetings go well. He's meeting with Browns' officials today, and could also meet with the Dolphins this week.

Go here to read more about it.

YodaRam Guest
    True. It's not a done deal but you gotta believe that in Carter's camp it's all about playing for the Rams! He wants a ring and who is on the inside track to bring him one... Let's see Rams....Dolphins......Browns.........THE RAMS !!!!