Thread: Curious?

YodaRam Guest

Curious?

When did Steven Jackson make the Rams "brass" aware that he would not be ,actively, participating in "any Ram(deer) games" or practices without a new contract? Two weeks after the end of the '07 season? One month before the '08 preseason camp? The day before camp? The day that camp started?

Just curious.

RAM ON!

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: Curious?

quite a while back i believe, definitely before camp

they have been talking for a while

YodaRam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    quite a while back i believe, definitely before camp

they have been talking for a while
    So, Jackson made management fully aware that he would not be in camp without a new contract "quite a while back"? That is good info, tomahawk247! How far back? Just curious?

RAM ON!

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by YodaRam View Post
    So, Jackson made management fully aware that he would not be in camp without a new contract "quite a while back"? That is good info, tomahawk247! How far back? Just curious?

RAM ON!
    Its a HOLDOUT does it really matter? Did Faulk,Pace,Ellard and Dickerson all let the club know they werent going to training camp if they didnt have a new contract. Who cares it's a Holdout, that what happens with holdouts. Maybe Jackson actually believed the front office when they said it would get done. Maybe they told him the deal would be done before training camp. You have to look at the possiblities from both sides. Maybe just maybe Jackson thought he wouldnt have to holdout for a new contract. I know that's hard to comprehend when you think Jackson is selfish money grubbing scrub but it's possible.
    Just Fix It

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

When did Steven Jackson make the Rams "brass" aware that he would not be ,actively, participating in "any Ram(deer) games" or practices without a new contract? Two weeks after the end of the '07 season? One month before the '08 preseason camp? The day before camp? The day that camp started?

Just curious.

RAM ON!
    I believe most reports have Parker telling Zygmunt of Jackson's AWOL status, the day before camp opened.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

YodaRam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Its a HOLDOUT does it really matter? Did Faulk,Pace,Ellard and Dickerson all let the club know they werent going to training camp if they didnt have a new contract. Who cares it's a Holdout, that what happens with holdouts. Maybe Jackson actually believed the front office when they said it would get done. Maybe they told him the deal would be done before training camp. You have to look at the possiblities from both sides. Maybe just maybe Jackson thought he wouldnt have to holdout for a new contract. I know that's hard to comprehend when you think Jackson is selfish money grubbing scrub but it's possible.
    rammiser, i am honestly curious as to when both parties were aware of this. I mean, if you know then help me out. We are all Rams fans sharing knowledge,..yes?

RAM ON!

YodaRam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I believe most reports have Parker telling Zygmunt of Jackson's AWOL status, the day before camp opened.
    If that is true. And i have little doubt that it isn't true. That proves that Jackson/ Parker are cold, calculating, non-Ram "team" caring individuals. ( Scratch Parker) That's to be expected from an agent. Especially poor choice by Jackson, though! Isn't he a stand up guy, caring only about team success. And more than ready to pass blame.........shame on him, you and anyone that believes he gives a damn about the Rams!
    I know, i know! It's "that's the nature of the business" excuse. Maybe. But i must ask you; "Where have all the heroes gone". Stop comparing Jackson to Faulk. .......Dickerson? So, SJ is worthy of ED comparisons? Please. Although, i was very upset with Eric for holding the Rams hostage in 1985 and attended the opening game of the regular season game against the Broncos and not only watching but meeting Georgia Frontiere and Eric Dickerson sitting side by side in the stands of Anaheim Stadium. Rams won 20-16. WE ended up losing the N.F.C. Championship game to the eventual Super Bowl Champion Chicago Bears......I digress.
    AS much as it pissed me off that Dickerson left us when he did. He had long since earned my respect. And, god rest her soul, Georgia was "fickle" at best when it came to who to spend money on......again, i digress. Sorry.

RAM ON!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Could it be that the timing of the hold out announcement had to do with the timing of the Rams offer? None of us know what went on in the negotiating room, but let's not act like the Rams FO were the poor innocent victims of a cold, calculating Steven Jackson. If they didn't know this could happen after going through a similar situation with Marc Bulger, they should have.

YodaRam Guest

[
    QUOTE=r8rh8rmike;236527]Could it be that the timing of the hold out announcement had to do with the timing of the Rams offer? None of us know what went on in the negotiating room, but let's not act like the Rams FO were the poor innocent victims of a cold, calculating Steven Jackson. If they didn't know this could happen after going through a similar situation with Marc Bulger, they should have.
    [/QUOTE]

You are absolutely right mike. None of "us" know. I'm o.k. with that. But who is "acting" like the Rams front office are the poor innocent victims?

RAM ON!

You are absolutely right mike. None of "us" know. I'm o.k. with that. But who is "acting" like the Rams front office are the poor innocent victims?
    I got the impression you feel Jackson and his agent pulled the rug out from under Jay Zygmunt and any "good faith" negotiations. If I'm wrong about that, I apologize.

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Sorry r8rh8tr... "a similar situation with Marc Bulger"???? I don't recall anything about SJ's hold out that is similar to an encounter the FO had with Bulger. What are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by KoaKoi View Post
    Sorry r8rh8tr... "a similar situation with Marc Bulger"???? I don't recall anything about SJ's hold out that is similar to an encounter the FO had with Bulger. What are you referring to?
    While still under contract last year, Bulger wanted a new deal. When negotiations were not getting anywhere, he made it clear a hold out was a possibility. With no deal signed, he was a no-show at the teams first manditory meeting the day before training camp. That same night, the Rams magically worked out a $65 million deal with $27 million in guaranteed money. New deal in hand, Bulger reported to camp the next day.

YodaRam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I got the impression you feel Jackson and his agent pulled the rug out from under Jay Zygmunt and any "good faith" negotiations. If I'm wrong about that, I apologize.
    Sure, that works for me. It's not completely accurate. I am not a fan of the front office. The biggest arses do appear to be from the Jackson camp. Far from the camp that his *** should be in. Take "good faith" any way you wish. You know mike, i posted a nice little epic for you earlier. Somebody made it disappear!
    I simply, am not going to try to recreate something that i am sure will be "conveniently" lost. So i will keep this simple and politically correct. I AM, ALWAYS HAVE BEEN, AND ALWAYS WILL BE A RAMS FAN!!!!!! This is the second time that i have had an insightful post (I.M.H.O.)disappear on this site. I guess the moral of this story is be a zombie.
    P.S. mike. You never need to apologize to me. You're stuff is ALRIGHT! You bring it.

RAM ON! and RAM OUT!

I'm out........RAM ON!!!!
    Last edited by YodaRam; -08-06-2008 at 07:50 PM.

It's all good Yoda. Hang in there and keep posting.

YodaRam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    It's all good Yoda. Hang in there and keep posting.
    Must remind self, It's all good!..... DONE!

RAM ON!