Edwards2Evans783 is offline Registered User

Curious about Tinoisamoa...

Hey guys, I'm a Bills fan, and on the forum I'm on (The Buffalo Range, where the Buffalo fans roam!) there is much discussion about the team signing your recently released Pisa Tinoisamoa. He has connections with our Defensive Coordinator, Perry Fewell (Perry Futile as some call him, lol).

Anyways, I was just wondering what you guys think about him. I was reading some of the existing threads, but was curious as to if you think he would be a good signing to join Pozluszny and Kawika Mitchell on our LB corps... I read that he always gives a great effort, which is awesome, but also read negatives about his size...

Thoughts? Strengths/Weaknesses? Think it would be worth signing him?

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: Curious about Tinoisamoa...

definitely a starting caliber LB in the NFL provided he is in the right system
    he has led the Rams in tackles four out of his six years i think it is
    his problems come from over aggression in the tackle, leading to his injuries. his lack of size also makes it a bit difficult for him to take on blockers

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Edwards2Evans783 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm a Bills fan, and on the forum I'm on (The Buffalo Range, where the Buffalo fans roam!) there is much discussion about the team signing your recently released Pisa Tinoisamoa. He has connections with our Defensive Coordinator, Perry Fewell (Perry Futile as some call him, lol).

Anyways, I was just wondering what you guys think about him. I was reading some of the existing threads, but was curious as to if you think he would be a good signing to join Pozluszny and Kawika Mitchell on our LB corps... I read that he always gives a great effort, which is awesome, but also read negatives about his size...

Thoughts? Strengths/Weaknesses? Think it would be worth signing him?
    He's a pure WILL 'backer; which should translate well for the Bills (assuming Puz at MIKE & Mitchell at SAM). He is a high character guy who won't embarass you off the field. On the field, he plays at a high speed (sometimes too high) and has a nose for the ball. The downside is he will get swallowed by chipping linemen. As well, his coverage skills aren't as good as what you would expect from a 225-lb. LB. He's not a liability, but he's not a "big safety" either.

You will here some describe him as "injury-prone". That's nonsense. He played last year completely healthy, all 16 games. The two previous seasons he missed time with several minor injuries, but appeared to have no lingering issues.

He was too expensive to be a 2nd string WILL here, but the Bills would love him.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Perry Fewell was our LB`s coach a few years back so he should know his strengths and weaknesses..he is definately a blue collar type..in his younger days (college days) he did spend a little time in Jail..but he`s been nothing but exemplary during his time with us...no off the field issues atall..infact he should be one of your leading off-the field guys as he really is a good guy...if anyone wants his autograph he will sign it without fail..

on the field he is a warrior and sometimes that has been his downfall as he hasnt got the size to take on people a lot bigger than him but he will never back down from contact which has often resulted in injuries ..if he gets injured he will never take himself off the pitch and has often played on with injuries that would put the majority of the NFL`s players on IR. he has managed to stay injury free for a while now tho so hopefully thats a thing of the past.
    in coverage..he`s not the guy you really want to depend on with that..tho he is always a 100% effort guy.. he is pretty quick and a decent tackler so in the right scheme he could be a good player for you guys...that must be the WILL position as he really isnt big enough at just over 220lbs to play any other LB position...im so glad you guys got him instead of those evil Pats..that would have broke my heart...but i root for you guys in the AFC East battles as ive always hated the Flippers & Pats,so im happy to see him with the Bills now.

every Rams fan on the planet has love for Pisa but the majority of us understand that with Witherspoon starting at the WILL position that he was too expensive to have as just a back up...i think i can speak for the whole Ram Nation and say that we all wish him nothing but the best and hopefully we can meet again someday.... perhaps in the SB..

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I was thinking his off-the-field incidents might have even been back in high school. As others have mentioned, we never had any problems with his behavior or his attitude. For a number of years, he was one of the best defensive players on some rather poor defenses, but once it became clear that the coaching staff wanted Witherspoon on the weakside, Pisa's fate was probably sealed. In another thread, someone described him as "a linebacker in the body of a safety", which I think pretty well sums it up.

It's true that he'll often play through injuries, which is both good and bad. It's good that he shows some heart in doing so; it's bad that he's forced to make that decision so often. He dislocated his shoulder at the start of one season, and re-aggravated it a number of times. Another year he was playing with a dislocated elbow and a broken hand. Then he broke the other hand, and as I recall they listed him as questionable for the next game (although ultimately he did go injured reserve that year).

hawaiianpunch is offline Registered User

As a Pisa Fan for a long time. I can say that Pisa is a safe pickup. He led the team 4 out of 6 years with tackling. He still is my favorite player and would be a good addition to any team. If pisa Could Put on at least 15-20 lbs, He would be prime.

Pisa runs his 40 in 4.56. and has 45 career tackles behind the line of scrimmage. 19 last season. so his tackling skills and mental ability have been improving leading the team with 121 tackles this past season, according to ESPN.com.

From what i have heard from other rams fans is, that Pisa lacks in coverage, and is always caught out of position. Pisa is a great blitzing linebacker, with the right scheme Pisa is one of the fastest blitzers in the league, beating even Aaron Curry in the Cone Drill, which shows how fast linebackers can switch directions. and only pulling .14 seconds shy of tying Aaron Curry's 40 yard dash time.

ive always said this. Pisa is a classy guy, easy to like, easy to be a fan favorite. But a Better Will linebacker in this league there is none in my opinion.

after all the BS that Rams fans focus on his injuries, he was injuried for 1 whole year. but only for one season, in the other season what fans like to jack him on, he was injured alot during one of them, but he played 7 of 16 games out of the same season Virtually half.

This year Pisa got the wind knocked out of him, thats it, Pisa also made a note saying "I am making it certain, If i can just avoid the injuries from the past two seasons, i can be effective for this team. so im concentrating on staying positive and healthy" and he was a man of his word. you guys are lucky if you grab this guy off the FA list. And i will still be rooting for him.. i hope he does better with you guys, and gets more respect than he has been shown by my fellow rams fans (not all of you, but some).
    Last edited by hawaiianpunch; -05-12-2009 at 10:46 PM.

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

pisa was the man he always played with much energy but he is expensive
    Torry Holt Dont play that