Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree124Likes

Thread: The curious case of Sam Bradford

punahou is offline Registered User

Re: The curious case of Sam Bradford

Quote Originally Posted by svh01 View Post
    Game manager type #'s, which is what I think Sam is. I'm ok with that. I just wish people stop trying to make him more than he is.
    yes, as long as the game can be managed, and more importanatly, as long as OUR DEFENSE can keep the other teams at bay, then we are fine. Of course -- the rushing defense still yielded 140yds.... but hey we won.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I don't think you're going to win a lot of games throwing 16 times for 117 yards, but you will win a lot of games throwing three touchdowns, completing 75% of your passes, and not turning the ball over. I'm excited to sit down and watch this one for a number of reasons, but one of them is because it looks like Sam is building some momentum now. It may not be sexy, but it's helping this team win. I hope he continues on this positive trend!
    I agree with all of this. He also hit nine different players on only 16 passes. Not like last year when most of the passes went to DA. I credit the run game, for way the offense played today. Great team win overall.
    Nick and emuen like this.

Mikey is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    I see the comment about progressions on here a lot, but do you know the progressions? How can you see Sam isn't going through his progressions?
    When he looks at one receiver on a play then dumps down to the back. When he looks at one receiver for five seconds then scrambles cause protection broke down.

An efficient game from Sam and no mistakes again. He looked good spreading it around. I would have liked to see a couple of those drives finished off with the run game. It's nice to score no doubt but we really need to be able to pound in short yardage running.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    When he looks at one receiver on a play then dumps down to the back. When he looks at one receiver for five seconds then scrambles cause protection broke down.
    Surely if he looked at one receiver, then went to the back, he went through a progression to get to that read?
    HUbison and r8rh8rmike like this.

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Back to back good games by Bradford, can we stop hatin on him?

macrammer is offline Registered User

Play of the game and perhaps of all time for me regarding Sam....hitting Cook just a split second before he got laid out. That was an amazing pass and was a huge play in the game.
    r8rh8rmike, PARamfan and DE_Ramfan like this.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    Play of the game and perhaps of all time for me regarding Sam....hitting Cook just a split second before he got laid out. That was an amazing pass and was a huge play in the game.
    I'd say Sam shattered some myths on that play.
    HUbison, PARamfan and DE_Ramfan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    Surely if he looked at one receiver, then went to the back, he went through a progression to get to that read?
    If there are only WR and one RB running pass routes then yes he did. How often do the Rams or any team run that kind of a play though? How often is the back in the flat the #2 option on a pass play?

PARamfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    We were wowing this play in the chatroom today!

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PARamfan View Post
    We were wowing this play in the chatroom today!
    That play just really gave me goose bumps. What a throw.

I so missed being in chat with you and moon etc today. I was driving back from mountains and did not watch until around 2 PM my time (taped). I had my phone off and no radio on so I could see it without knowing anything.

I will see you next week !!
    PARamfan and bradwill like this.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Macrammer View Post
    If anyone has it on video, please share? Thanks!

Gomotron is offline Registered User

Being a Sooner fan, I've been a Bradford fan since his college days. I'm putting that out there immediately, as I don't people to just assume that I am one of the Bradford haters.

My issue with Bradford is that he is still having trouble recognizing some coverages and seeing the field. I think that all QB's have that issue at times; even Brees had trouble today at New England, missing several wide open receivers. Against the Texans, he seemed much more confident and at ease, a trend which I hope continues, because the more relaxed in the pocket he is, the better his vision seems to be.

The key moving forward, in my opinion, is for him to establish a rhythm early in the game. And the Rams' offense won't help him do that unless there is some semblance of a running game.

I think it is clear at this point in Bradford's development that he is not going to be able to carry the team to victory (c.f. Tom Brady's performance today). But I still have hopes that he can become a solid QB, certainly on par with the current young QB's who have the benefit of solid running games (R. Wilson, C. Kaepernick).

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by svh01 View Post
    Game manager type #'s, which is what I think Sam is. I'm ok with that. I just wish people stop trying to make him more than he is.
    That is one of the better pass defenses in the league. No doubt their overall yardage is lower than merited(numerically #1 @ 131.3 per game) because of their poor run D & all the turnovers giving teams a short field but their average per catch - pretty good barometer ,imo,- is right up there with The Hags,SF, et al @ 6.3/per. The Rams averaged 7.3 per pass against them.

Btw, neither Wilson nor Kraperjack fared as well as Sam vs HOUS; RW threw a pick & 0 TDs & the Krapster had one TD and a mere 113 yds passing. Which one of them is a game manager, again ?

Before The Rams game, The Texans had given up 7 passing TDs in 5 games. The Rams got three. Notice I didn't say Sam got them. It's a team sport, no ? Still, perhaps that merits a bit of optimism for both Sam and the whole young unit.

Babysitter might be the better term for Sam's role thus far & his performance has been mixed, for sure. Not quite the travesty as Jonah whatshisface in The Sitter but less sharp at the big moments than we'd like but not nearly as bad as many seem to believe, especially relative to the caliber of competition and support.

Overall,though, he's far more likely to be ready for them than they'll be waiting on him.This game only affirms my belief in that. Frankly, I'm amazed at how quickly some- and I'm not singling you out; just generally- have downgraded Bradford to an adequate but disappointing & expensive investment, like a mid-life sports car that always has something wrong with it.

If he gets the run production and defense that he got today and continues to counter the many mistakes these young guys are still making by being smart with the ball, then we are in for a fun ride. Many will probably say "aaah...the light finally went on" when some of us will know that it's been on for a while. He's far from a finished product but the idea that he can be given the dreaded game manager slur at this stage,like some latter day Dieter Brock or Trent Dilfer seems like frustrated fans looking for a simple answer to a complex question, imo.
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -10-14-2013 at 05:15 AM.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

It has been 2 games since I benched Sam Bradford on my fantasy team... 2 games with over 20fantasy points. Needless to say I was the bad luck charm...