2. Brady
    3. Peyton
    4. Ryan
    5. Shaub
    6. Luck
    7. Wilson
    8. Crapanick
    9. Flacco

and you could make a case for RG3. I really don't see how can dispute at least 7 of these. I HATE saying it. Outside of this board I always say Sam is the greatest in the league!

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

Re: The curious case of Sam Bradford

Quote Originally Posted by svh01 View Post
    HUbison;473123]Then you counted 5 too many.
    1. Rogers
    2. Brady
    3. Peyton
    4. Ryan
    5. Shaub
    6. Luck
    7. Wilson
    8. Crapanick
    9. Flacco

and you could make a case for RG3. I really don't see how can dispute at least 7 of these. I HATE saying it. Outside of this board I always say Sam is the greatest in the league!
    Not sure about your list. Schaub isn't playing so hot and he's never had it when it counts. He's on pace to throw more pick 6's than anyone in one season. Ryan has done ok until the playoffs. We'll see how he does without his weapons or a running game. Wilson and Kap aren't lighting it up either but benefit from strong running games and defenses. Flacco is above average but he has half the tds and more than twice the ints as Sam.

svh01 is offline Registered User

E=DE_Ramfan;473179]Not sure about your list. Schaub isn't playing so hot and he's never had it when it counts. He's on pace to throw more pick 6's than anyone in one season. Ryan has done ok until the playoffs. We'll see how he does without his weapons or a running game. Wilson and Kap aren't lighting it up either but benefit from strong running games and defenses. Flacco is above average but he has half the tds and more than twice the ints as Sam.[/QUOTE]

Shaub has been better than Bradford career wise. Bradford hasn't been in any game that "counts" except in Seattle in his rookie season & we lost. Ryan consistently gotten to the playoffs. Wilson & Krap are play makers and they seem to make things happen. Look at this way. If u were building a team based on what u know today, how many of those QB's would u draft before Bradford? I'll bet u'll come up with more than 4.

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

E=DE_Ramfan;473179]Not sure about your list. Schaub isn't playing so hot and he's never had it when it counts. He's on pace to throw more pick 6's than anyone in one season. Ryan has done ok until the playoffs. We'll see how he does without his weapons or a running game. Wilson and Kap aren't lighting it up either but benefit from strong running games and defenses. Flacco is above average but he has half the tds and more than twice the ints as Sam.
    Shaub has been better than Bradford career wise. Bradford hasn't been in any game that "counts" except in Seattle in his rookie season & we lost. Ryan consistently gotten to the playoffs. Wilson & Krap are play makers and they seem to make things happen. Look at this way. If u were building a team based on what u know today, how many of those QB's would u draft before Bradford? I'll bet u'll come up with more than 4.[/QUOTE]

OK I will Play

1. Rogers YES
    2. Brady YES
    3. Peyton YES
    4. Ryan YES
    5. Shaub NO
    6. Luck YES small sample but very consistent
    7. Wilson TBD but NO for now
    8. Crapanick NO
    9. Flacco Maybe

Curly Horns is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Well, yes, but I'd contend in some cases, the quarterback is helping that talent perform better than they otherwise might be capable of.
    I'd agree with "some cases". I also think it can go the other way. So that's a push. For the most part I think they simply have good chemistry and work well together.

I also consider the OL to be included in a "boatload of talent" and not just the skill positions. I don't see these prima Donna QBs making the OL better. I'd say that one goes the other way. At the very least a great offensive line allows the elite QBs superior skills to be showcased.
    RealRam likes this.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Look at this way. If u were building a team based on what u know today, how many of those QB's would u draft before Bradford? I'll bet u'll come up with more than 4.
    Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Luck.

End of list.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

mh-i is offline Registered User

Knowing what we know today I wouldn't draft Bradford at all. The same can be said about almost all of the Rams high draft picks during that period. None have really panned out. The team hasn't played .500 ball and won't again this season. I don't see how anybody could see that any other way.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by mh-i View Post
    Knowing what we know today I wouldn't draft Bradford at all.
    You are certainly entitled to that opinion. Many disagree.

The same can be said about almost all of the Rams high draft picks during that period. None have really panned out.
    Really? Chris Long, James Laurinaitis, Robert Quinn, Michael Brockers, Janoris Jenkins... none of those guys panned out?

The team hasn't played .500 ball and won't again this season. I don't see how anybody could see that any other way.
    So, what you're saying is that we should all just fold our tents and move on to following the NBA, college football, and the NHL?

I think I'll stick around and see how this movie ends, if you don't mind.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post

Really? Chris Long, James Laurinaitis, Robert Quinn, Michael Brockers, Janoris Jenkins... none of those guys panned out?

So, what you're saying is that we should all just fold our tents and move on to following the NBA, college football, and the NHL?

While I think the folks you listed are decent to good players, I am not ready to say they have "panned out" in their respective positions...Starting on the Rams is most likely not a good gauge of what your talent level is......yet.

Ultimately winning is what matters and when I see that consistently then I will feel that we are assembling the right guys. I like these guys and feel we are dong much better in the draft but only time will tell us if we are really hitting it.

But, I too love a good suspense so I will watch each chapter through the next 13 weeks to see how the story progresses.

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Luck.

End of list.
    I'd add Brees but he wasn't on his list.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Knowing what we know today I wouldn't draft Bradford at all. The same can be said about almost all of the Rams high draft picks during that period. None have really panned out. The team hasn't played .500 ball and won't again this season. I don't see how anybody could see that any other way.
    So knowing what you know now, what would you have done? At the time, Bulger was done as a Ram, and the alternatives in the draft were Tim Tebow, Jimmy Clausen, and Colt McCoy.

Ramhearder is offline Registered User

This thread has spun out of control. Someone is now questioning all of our high draft picks? At the time, Bradford was the right pick, hands down. He hasn't panned out to be the caliber QB everyone thought he would even after his rookie season. Is it his fault? Probably not. Has a large faction of the fanbase given up on him? I believe so. Is there a better QB to start week 6 against the Texans? No. End of discussion.

I am no Bradford supporter, but come on. Let's evaluate our situation when we have possible alternatives.
    emuen and DE_Ramfan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post

My point was that it's not all on Bradford or the offense. You mentioned Chris Long, James Laurinaitis, Robert Quinn and Michael Brockers. The Rams are 6th worst against the run. Where are these guys? Whose the Pro Bowler let alone Hall Of Famer? The problem with the Rams isn't one guy it's the collection. They are all decent but certainly not amoung the elite and when you draft high first round year after year somebody has got to be the guy. Jackie Slater, Orlando Pace, Eric Dickerson. Big time bonifide guys. Add Bruce and Holt to the list. None of our current guys are in that league are they?

When I say if we knew now I mean how ever many years of sub .500 teams. If you knew for a fact that the Rams would be below .500 for how ever many yeears in a row since we've had these guys you wouldn't rethink any of them?

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    So knowing what you know now, what would you have done? At the time, Bulger was done as a Ram, and the alternatives in the draft were Tim Tebow, Jimmy Clausen, and Colt McCoy.
    Maybe you don't draft a QB at all that year.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Maybe you don't draft a QB at all that year.
    Okay, so what would your plan have been?