+1.3 Green Savings
    +1.2 Chavous
    +0.050 Bennetts Savings
    -6.342 Atogwe franchise tag
    -1.01 Adeyanju Restricted Tender
    -1.01 Cogs Restricted Tender
    -5.0 Brown estimated cap hit
    7.188 Is estimated total left

So we currently have about 7 mil to spend without going over. But we will eventually need 6mil for the draftees. So if we sign other guys eventually we will have to get Atogwes cap hit down by signing him to a long term contract, and/or restructurer contracts, and/or release/trade players. I don't believe we have cut Anthony Becht yet but he would be a 1 mil cap savings as well and we already have Klop and Mc Michael. Mc Michael would be a 3.6 mil cap savings but he is a good TE when healthy and I don't see us cutting him.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -03-01-2009 at 07:43 PM.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Re: Current Cap

If these numbers are correct I don't see any hope of keeping Holt... and Pace is hanging by a thread.

MarshallMarshall Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    If these numbers are correct I don't see any hope of keeping Holt... and Pace is hanging by a thread.
    I don't understand why we haven't cut Holt already. Unless they are trying to work a trade?

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMarshall View Post
    I don't understand why we haven't cut Holt already. Unless they are trying to work a trade?
    IMO that is exactly what it is. The same goes for Pace

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

If we get Atogwes cap hit down to 3-3.5 mil by signing him long term it would save us 3 mil this season. Becht would be another easy mil if we decide to cut him. Thats 4 mil + the 1.188 over the 6mil we need for draftees comes to 5.188 mil. If we could get Bartell signed at a cap hit this year of 3 mil and Butler signed at a cap hit of 2 mil this season we would be right at the cap. Restructuring Paces contract which sets at 9 mil right now would allow us to get down to where we could afford both Holt and Pace. Although I see us getting rid of Holt (saving 8mil) and possibly Pace (saving 6mil).

IMO Pace still has more productive years ahead of him then Holt. Restructuring would require lengthening their contracts. Pace could be productive for another three years if healthy IMO. He might not be a Probowl OT but he could be very productive. If we restructured his contract we might be able to get his cap number down to 5mil this year IMO which would save us 4mil closer to the 6mil we would save by cutting him. Paces value on the open market if cut is not what it used to be due to his injuries and his age thats why I think a restructurer while unlikely is possible.

MarshallMarshall Guest

[quote=39thebeast;277791]IMO that is exactly what it is. The same goes for Pace[/quote

Your probably right. It's the only thing that makes sense.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

There is a reason why we are all sitting here typing away at our computers instead of being an NFL cap guy ...

Devaney has already come out and said that they think they can sign Bartell and James Butler without having to make any further roster moves. I think it was implied that this also included signing rookies ....

There is alot of money under the table and a ton of gray areas that we don't see. Don't sweat the salary cut, it's not worth it ...

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    Here is our current cap.

+0.050 Bennetts Savings

LOL....it was WELL worth it.

MarshallMarshall Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    There is a reason why we are all sitting here typing away at our computers instead of being an NFL cap guy ...

Devaney has already come out and said that they think they can sign Bartell and James Butler without having to make any further roster moves. I think it was implied that this also included signing rookies ....

There is alot of money under the table and a ton of gray areas that we don't see. Don't sweat the salary cut, it's not worth it ...
    Because were Losers with no lifes..

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMarshall View Post
    Because were Losers with no lifes..
    Well, I cannot account for yourself or others, but you nailed me there!

Mooselini Guest

Hmm...we can still do something with that money. Still, if we can atleast cut/trade/restructure Holt and Pace, it'll be worth it.

Rookie is offline Awaiting Email Conformation

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    Here is our current cap.

18 mil Starting Cap Money
    +1.3 Green Savings
    +1.2 Chavous
    +0.050 Bennetts Savings
    -6.342 Atogwe franchise tag
    -1.01 Adeyanju Restricted Tender
    -1.01 Cogs Restricted Tender
    -5.0 Brown estimated cap hit
    7.188 Is estimated total left

So we currently have about 7 mil to spend without going over. But we will eventually need 6mil for the draftees. So if we sign other guys eventually we will have to get Atogwes cap hit down by signing him to a long term contract, and/or restructurer contracts, and/or release/trade players. I don't believe we have cut Anthony Becht yet but he would be a 1 mil cap savings as well and we already have Klop and Mc Michael. Mc Michael would be a 3.6 mil cap savings but he is a good TE when healthy and I don't see us cutting him.
    Out of Curiosity what does the Redskins cap looks like? Also there is no cap next year how does that effect anything?