GSOT Guest

Current State of Rams Nation

Hi I am a Saint Louisan, a die hard Rams fan, and a fan of all football in genral. I typically do not post on this site only read but I have to bring this to the attention of the members on this site. No this post is not about our defenseive struggles, Marc Bulgers MVP season, or terrible calls at the end of games to put players in danger of injury IE Kevin Curtis. This is about the current state of the pathetic St. Louis Rams fans. St. Louis Rams fans use to to come the dome, use to be one of the loudest fan bases in the country, and us to love their team. Now it is quite sad. This seasons fan support has been subpar but no where near as bad as it was yesterday. Yesterday was one of the saddest days of this Rams fans life. The dome was easily over 50% cheifs fans. When they preformed the national anthem when they got to the part were they say and the home of the brave hoiser Cheifs fans yelled CHEIFS instead of braves and let me tell you it was very very loud. Cheifs fans easily were much much much louder than rams fans... It got to a point were it was pointless for me to scream because obviously I was the only one or one of the few doing it... I know there are real Rams fans out there but they arent able to make games because of Money, travel or what not but for the Rich Fans who sell or give there tickets away to cheifs fans PITTY on you. Saint Louis fans are fake and are front runners in every sport they cheer for.

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Re: Current State of Rams Nation

FANS in general are front runners and fickle by nature. This has been a BAD football team for 2+ years...what do you expect from the fans? Who wants to shell out big $$ and cheer loudly for LOSERS? The Martz hangover will last beyond a few games apparently. Perhaps next year things will look better. As I stated a couple weeks ago...the season is about to get real UGLY.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

GSOT Guest

The fact is when other football teams in the NFL go on losing streaks are 4-4 or anything like that they still have a fan base that can cheer ESPEACIALLY in a dome of all places loudly. And to have most of the fans their cheifs fans? IT IS DEPRESSING. We are pretty much the new Arizona.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by GSOT View Post
    The fact is when other football teams in the NFL go on losing streaks are 4-4 or anything like that they still have a fan base that can cheer ESPEACIALLY in a dome of all places loudly. And to have most of the fans their cheifs fans? IT IS DEPRESSING. We are pretty much the new Arizona.
    Unfortunately GSOT, some of the biggest and longest RAM fans still reside in Southern California; there was quite a turnout last week in San Diego. I have to agree that the majority of Ram fans in the STL area are part timers who are still celebrating the Cards World Series victory.

As for people selling to Chiefs fans I have to think that it wasn't done on purpose. I know most season ticket holders put there tickets up on wed sites for the masses to purchase.

I was there for game one and it was plenty loud, so until the Rams start racking up some wins I'm afraid that there will be more of the same.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

GSOT Guest

I have been to every game snice the 2000 season. I was there when they dome was packed and was considered the loudest staduim in the NFL at one point and the times were seats were empty. Trust me this is different than any thing I have ever seen.

majorram is offline Registered User

funny you bring this up cause i was just thinking about this..... i was listening to the post game show on the radio and the callers where all saying the same....... 1000,s of chiefs fans ... IN OUR HOUSE!!!! I couldn't believe this but hey perhaps the fans couldn't go, or spent alot on world series tickets or that hangover.... I don't know.... need to put a winning side ON THE PITCH!!!!!

steve:l
    "The breakfast Club"

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by GSOT View Post
    Hi I am a Saint Louisan, a die hard Rams fan, and a fan of all football in genral. I typically do not post on this site only read but I have to bring this to the attention of the members on this site. No this post is not about our defenseive struggles, Marc Bulgers MVP season, or terrible calls at the end of games to put players in danger of injury IE Kevin Curtis. This is about the current state of the pathetic St. Louis Rams fans. St. Louis Rams fans use to to come the dome, use to be one of the loudest fan bases in the country, and us to love their team. Now it is quite sad. This seasons fan support has been subpar but no where near as bad as it was yesterday. Yesterday was one of the saddest days of this Rams fans life. The dome was easily over 50% cheifs fans. When they preformed the national anthem when they got to the part were they say and the home of the brave hoiser Cheifs fans yelled CHEIFS instead of braves and let me tell you it was very very loud. Cheifs fans easily were much much much louder than rams fans... It got to a point were it was pointless for me to scream because obviously I was the only one or one of the few doing it... I know there are real Rams fans out there but they arent able to make games because of Money, travel or what not but for the Rich Fans who sell or give there tickets away to cheifs fans PITTY on you. Saint Louis fans are fake and are front runners in every sport they cheer for.
    Bout time someone posts a comment like this. I've been saying this for the past 3 years now. I'm a die hard socal rams fan and i attend as many games as possible. I also go to san fran and arizona and i went to the san diego game this year and also plan to go to the oakland game as well as a game at the DOME. The rams fans on the road games are more noisy, boisterous, and all out louder in every way shape and form compared to the st.louis fans. The DOME noise is pathetic, period, end of story. There is no cheering or getting loud on a big play like there used to be.

MoonJoe is online now Ram MVP

The crowd was pretty loud at the opener against Denver, but you could tell the difference yesterday. My guess would be that they have a lot of Chef's fans there in St. Louis since they are so close, plus I am sure a lot more jumped over due to the Cardnials and all of their exploits...

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is online now Registered User

Boy, am I getting a kick outta this thread.....

When I said something about LA fans and how we wouldn't continue to support a loser, as the Rams were in their final years here, it was because LA fans are lousy, what-have-you-done-for-me-lately fans. Hmmmm, seems St. Lou has the same problem. How funny. Team begins to suck, fans stay away in droves. And when your fan base is so much smaller in St. Louis than it is here in LA/OC, it has a much greater effect, I think. ... and much sooner too!

So, Misery fans have nothing better things to do? ...like celebrate a world series that ended, what? A month ago? Bruces4life said it about the LA fans. We still continue to support them when they venture our way every now and again. The San Diego game was packed with Ram fans.

Bring 'em back to LA. St. Louis had it's time, now bring the Rams home. Hey, in trade, you can have the Cardinals back.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

GSOT Guest

Now dont be to harsh on Saint Louis fans like I have LOL. Now the team has only been here for 10 years and some change every game has been a sell out except 1 preseason game. Rams fans do travel well no matter where they are from. Saint Louis Rams fans are a different breed of fan. Yes some of the LOWER bowl fans are the rich snoby type that dont scream at all and only go win they are winning but that is the price you pay at any stadium with PSL's IE the personal seat license which makes it hard to the less well off die hard fan to attend every game. Saint Louis fans are classified as NICE which does not mean they dont support the Rams any less than any fan from Cali we just dont start fights and demean people like some fans IE philly fans. Now I will say this when there is a game in KC there are tons of Rams fans there also... I was just depressed to see how many KC fans attended yesterdays game .... But I promise you the Rams wont be moving from Saint Louis anytime soon with 11+ years of sell outs no way...

GSOT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Boy, am I getting a kick outta this thread.....

When I said something about LA fans and how we wouldn't continue to support a loser, as the Rams were in their final years here, it was because LA fans are lousy, what-have-you-done-for-me-lately fans. Hmmmm, seems St. Lou has the same problem. How funny. Team begins to suck, fans stay away in droves. And when your fan base is so much smaller in St. Louis than it is here in LA/OC, it has a much greater effect, I think. ... and much sooner too!

So, Misery fans have nothing better things to do? ...like celebrate a world series that ended, what? A month ago? Bruces4life said it about the LA fans. We still continue to support them when they venture our way every now and again. The San Diego game was packed with Ram fans.

Bring 'em back to LA. St. Louis had it's time, now bring the Rams home. Hey, in trade, you can have the Cardinals back.

Hey dont say that it is happening much faster lol It is one game ONE the rest of the year has had a pretty good showing besides the fact fans show up late and leave early if they are losing like 5 minutes early, CHILL. Honestly I have never been to a rams game in 6 years that has had alot of fans from another team so if anything it has just started or is only a one game thing because how close the Cheifs are. Saint Louis is a great sports town I was just trying to call people out because I was so upset lol...

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I was at the Dome for the Lions game this year and the place was rocking!!!!

Loud as ever imo.

Ahbatu Ujeema Guest

I would not say the house had 50% Chiefs fans but no matter how you wax it over, there were many many LOUD Red clad fans there.

I atteneded the game with a buddy from NY and he was amazed at the following

1 pulled up the the Dome at 9:45 am right off the Broadway exit with absolutely no traffic at all. Less than 2 and half hours before game time and the place was not crowded at all

2 Outside the stadium almost as many in Red as in Blue and white, and louder.

3 inside the staidum, quuuuuuuuietest place, except the the people dressed in Red, as he has ever been in his life

4 Since both of us have been attending games for going on 4 decades now, he made the following quote.

" This team was better off when they were in LA. When they move back this place will be a ghost town as no team will want to come here "

Can't say I disagree with him too much.

Anyone ever been to the Alamo Dome in San Antonio ?? Weird and scary that they only play D1 college bowl games there. Yeah the Saints were there last season but a prime example of what little interest in a team can have on a decision by the NFL.

I look at it this way, NFL teams nowadays are like your teeth, ignore them and they will go away. The LA would kill to have the Rams back and from what I saw at the San Diego game proves it. SoCal Rams fans by the droves buying any tickets they could get and loud and Rowdy.

Heck , the Rams parties in the SD parking lot made the goings on outside the Joines Dome look like a friggin morgue.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

If they came back to L.A., they would be welcomed with open arms. I can't tell you how much it sucks to have the desire to go to every game to cheer on my team, but have them so far away. And then I have to watch the game on TV and see a lot of fans just sitting around not making any noise. When teams struggle they need the backing of the home crowd even more than normal to help give them an edge.

Anyone ever watch an Eagles home game and hear that crowd, and I mean nearly the entire crowd, go nuts and sing the team songs during different parts of the games? Gotta say I'm a bit jealous of how awesome it would be to partake in that kind of a game that has the atmosphere and frenzy like normally only seen in college games.

To those of you that get to go to home games regularly, do what you can to get yourself and those with you and in the sections around you jazzed up for EVERY game, no matter how good or how bad we are. If not for yourselves or for the team, then do it for us fans who are at homne watching from a distance wishing we could be there in person making some noise.