Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    letsgoramz is offline Registered User

The curse of Mad mike

the rams offense has looked horrible and i must say it is the worst i have seen in a while even tho it is only preseason .. but preseason is where it all starts and i know that martz always had the offense running in top notch shape with the exception of injuries even if we were out of a game by 2 - 3 touchdowns we would be able to make that up in no problem ie.rams @ seahawks 28-32 win in ot long pass to shaun mcdonald but i fear that we have lost that kind offensive intimidation lenihans play calling is very plain compared to martz's and not as confusing to defenses

Torry Holt Dont play that

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Re: The curse of Mad mike

ok look, its preseason! the rams arent worried about their offense. bulger even said so, dont worry we have IMO the best reciever in the league with a awsome QB and a pretty decent o line. so dont worry our offense is onna be fine!
    Built RAM tough

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is online now Registered User

"but i fear that we have lost that kind offensive intimidation lenihans play calling is very plain compared to martz's and not as confusing to defenses"

...and hopefully, not as confusing to the Rams. Perhaps, with less thrown at them, they will execute better. If you are old enough, remember the old Lombardi Packers? They ran about three plays, and everyone knew what was coming. But they were so good at executing those plays, they were nearly unstoppable. Of course, I'm stretching a bit on the "three plays", but you get the idea.

Linehan runs a very similar offense to Martz, as are a lot of OC's now that have taken what Martz started and created variations of his approach. Where Martz failed miserably, IMHO, was his decision making in times of crisis. As a head coach, when things got a little "dicey", he made bad decisions, play-calling was very questionable at times because I think he was always trying to outsmart the other guy. Reverses inside the 15 yard line, things like that... hopefully, eventually, Linehan will be a better head coach. Only time will tell. I do expect Linehan to struggle at times this season. He'll make some mistakes, mark my word. But he's a rookie head coach, and hopefully, he'll learn faster than Martz did. Martz was innovative, no question, and I would have liked to keep him around as OC. BUT, too many bridges were burned and he had to go. As the previous message stated, this is preseason and you haven't seen nothing yet. Give it some time.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by letsgoramz View Post
    lenihans play calling is very plain compared to martz's and not as confusing to defenses
    It's amazing how someone can say this despite having never seen Linehan's playcalling duing a regular season Rams game.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Milan is offline Registered User

I don't know about these "It's just pre-season" excuses. While that may be true, if we lose to the broncos it'll be "It was just Linehan's first game" If we end with a losing record it'll be "It's just his first season".

The bottom line is, our running backs werent able to punch it in from the 2 yard line against the texans. You may say that it's our 2nd/3rd string, but it was theirs too. 2nd and 3rd string still matters plenty. We did lose our 2 games very closely though and our defense did look good against the colts, so I don't know how we're going to be.

I say either 9-7, 8-8, 7-9.

But I'll wait till the regular season to see how it plays out because only time will tell at this point.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Milan View Post
    I don't know about these "It's just pre-season" excuses. While that may be true, if we lose to the broncos it'll be "It was just Linehan's first game" If we end with a losing record it'll be "It's just his first season".
    Setbacks are nothing to shrug off, but I think noting that this is his first season as a head coach is important.

IMO, teams under new coaching staffs usually (1) acquired a new coach because the previous one wasn't as successful as the organization would have hoped, meaning that the team itself usually doesn't scrap a coach when they're on the brink of a championship, and (2) take a while to get back into the race because I don't recall many first year head coaches not only new to the team but new to the role that took their team deep into championship competition.

Expectations should be realistic. If the season doesn't go as well as some people had hoped, I think reminding everyone that this is Linehan's first year as a head coach is certainly a viable strategy.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

This has been a great preseason. No major injuries.

The rest is just fodder for the impatient.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    This has been a great preseason. No major injuries.

The rest is just fodder for the impatient.
    what he said

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

It's preseason......

95% of plays will be vanilla at best for all teams...... The only real references you have inregards to lineham offensive style is to look at what he did with the vickings and dolphins. Trying to evaluate the Rams O based on these 3 games is like trying to guess the seven two digits numbers below.....

Good Luck,

13 28 55 81 31 39

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHORNS View Post
    It's preseason......

95% of plays will be vanilla at best for all teams...... The only real references you have inregards to lineham offensive style is to look at what he did with the vickings and dolphins. Trying to evaluate the Rams O based on these 3 games is like trying to guess the seven two digits numbers below.....

Good Luck,

13 28 55 81 31 39
    81, lol. I don't think there's anything to worry about. There's not going to be any "curse" of mad mike lol :x

Linehan's offense is actually very similiar to Martz's....NO WORRIES!!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

rampete is offline Registered User

linehan's offense should be in the top 10 this season if bulger and company stay away from the injury bugs...

as far as the defense and special teams go...i think it's going to be wildly inconsistent this season...hopely they'll gel by the end of the season...

bigredman is offline Registered User

Why does everyone keep saying that Linehan's offense is similar to Martz's. I don't believe they resemble each other in the least. Just because Linehan had some history of airing it out while with the Vikings and somewhat with Miami (hell, Chuck Noll would have been pass happy with Moss and Carter) doesn't make them similar. From what I've seen so far, Linehan is a much different coach than Martz, and I'm not just talking about as head coach, but as designing and executing an offense. I was worried about Linehan essentially keeping the coordination of the offense and play calling to himself, as did Martz. I would have preferred he brought in another brilliant offensive mind to run the offense and Linehan oversee the whole team. These coaches too ofter bite off more than they realistically can chew (I.E. wanting to be head coach and team president). We shall see. Hard to make a definite evaluation during preseason. Let's hope the regular season brings about the promise we all hoped his hiring would bring.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

im scared of the curse of mad mike
    Torry Holt Dont play that

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by letsgoramz View Post
    im scared of the curse of mad mike
    Never fear the rams will be O.K. we are still learning and finding chemistry together once things come together we will be fine , It might take some time for that to happen but I will say that we will be much better than last year ... O and remember the win or lose "GO! RAMS!

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

i dont believe there will be any curse of Mad Mike,nor do i believe we will miss him,i think we are off to a slow start but i do expect that to change,hopefully more sooner than later,.

is nor a word,i have used it before but it just doesnt sound right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast