Thread: Curtis

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Curtis

Is anyone else really disappointed in this guy this year? What is going on? He has been a complete non-factor thus far this season. Age catching up to the speedster?

Maybe my expectations were too high.
    Last edited by RamWraith; -10-17-2006 at 08:06 AM.

Re: Curtis

NO, I just thing (and I believe the coach said this) that the Rams scheme does not allow him on the field as much. That might be why they have him on St duty, just trying to get the kid on the field

RamWraith is offline Registered User

I don't know Dez. The last three weeks the Rams have used more 3 and four receiver sets. I just don't see the big play threat when he is on the field. I can only remember one deep attempt to him.

MacDonald has made bigger catches then him.

also take into account our O Line that canny stop a fly and maybe our long ball is not so long anymore

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

I'm not disappointed at all, Bruce is back at 100%. Curtis has made a few clutch catches, and besides the fumble I can't think of any other miscues by him. The fact is Bruce is still the #2.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Rambos is offline Registered User

No last year he was number two while bruce was out.

general counsel is offline Registered User

You cant just make him a kickoff returner because hes fast. No experience, no reason to put him back there in a crucial game. He is a victim of the new system, the #3 doesnt get used as much.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    I don't know Dez. The last three weeks the Rams have used more 3 and four receiver sets. I just don't see the big play threat when he is on the field. I can only remember one deep attempt to him.

MacDonald has made bigger catches then him.
    I think this might just be a perception issue, RW. Curtis had a huge 39-yard catch against the Seahawks this weekend while the Rams were driving before the end of the first half. Bulger also looked his way on a deep pass earlier in the half that was incomplete. Last weekend he had a nice touchdown grab against the Packers.

Also, Curtis has been thrown to 18 times thus far this season while McDonald has been the target of nine passes. McDonald has only had two games where he's had more than one catch, whereas Curtis has had more than one catch in four of six games.

I'd say he's not as heavily involved as he was in the Martz offense, but I think that's a scheme issue. I certainly don't think it's on account of something he did. The coaching staff is making an effort to try and get him more involved on game day by using him as a return man, so clearly they like him.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!