Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    eldfan is offline Registered User

Cut down day looms?

Who should go? and who should stay? What name whould surprise you to be cut?

Qb'S 8 Bruce Gradkowski
    13 Brock Berlin

WR's 15 Marques Hagans 82 Dante Hall

86 Reche Caldwell
    83 Drew Bennett

RB,
    22 Travis Minor
    44 Lance Ball

O lineman 62 Dustin Fry
    61 Donovan Raiola
    67 Roy Schuening
    64 Julius Wilson
    75 Mark LeVoir

TE's 87 Anthony Becht 47 Nick Cleaver

Defense ??????

:ramlogo:

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: Cut down day looms?

Well on your list, the only ones I see in this week's cut are Hagans, Ball, Wilson, and Cleaver.

Also remember, that unless Jax plays this week, we only have to cut four.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

How about Brian Leonard? Just where does he fit on this football team? He's too small to effectively play fullback and too slow to be dangerous as a running back. Antonio Pittman is clearly our backup running back to Steven. Moreover, we've already got T. Minor for our 3rd down receiving back and he is also an excellent special teams player. I also think the the "human bowling ball" Lance Ball has much more upside as a runner than Brian Leonard and I'd like to see the Rams make an effort to keep him. And with Dan Kreider apparently healthy again, it seems more than likely that he will be the fullback. No doubt that Mr. Jackson is happy about that bit of news. Look, Brian's a good kid and all, but there just doesn't seem to be a place let alone a steady role for him on this team. It just might be time for the Rams to move him to another team.

WHAT SAY YE?

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    How about Brian Leonard? Just where does he fit on this football team? He's too small to effectively play fullback and too slow to be dangerous as a running back. Antonio Pittman is clearly our backup running back to Steven. Moreover, we've already got T. Minor for our 3rd down receiving back and he is also an excellent special teams player. I also think the the "human bowling ball" Lance Ball has much more upside as a runner than Brian Leonard and I'd like to see the Rams make an effort to keep him. And with Dan Kreider apparently healthy again, it seems more than likely that he will be the fullback. No doubt that Mr. Jackson is happy about that bit of news. Look, Brian's a good kid and all, but there just doesn't seem to be a place let alone a steady role for him on this team. It just might be time for the Rams to move him to another team.

WHAT SAY YE?
    Enough has been said about Leonard being selected with a #2 pick, so I don't need to go there .. However, he is ours for now. I think it is too soon to write him off without allowing Al Saunders the chance to incorporate him in his offense. Leonard could evolve into a versatile weapon under Saunder's tutelage. Let's give the kid a decent shot .. Last year may have been the square peg in a round hole scenario. This year let's hope Saunders can find the proper fit for Brian's skills.

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    I also think the the "human bowling ball" Lance Ball has much more upside as a runner than Brian Leonard and I'd like to see the Rams make an effort to keep him.
    WHAT SAY YE?

I'll second that.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I doubt there's any surprises. Pick 4 from among:

Matt Caddell, Nick Cleaver, Julius Wilson, Lavarius Giles, Shaine Smith, Henry Smith, Marcus Riley, Justin Medlock, C. Grixby, D. Raoila, Dustin Fry

Four of them will go at this cut. The other 7 will go at the next (but all are eligible for the practice squad.)
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Frye View Post
    I'll second that.
    Brian Leonard isn't just a running back. He isn't even in competition with Ball. If anything we should cut Richard Owens and replace him with Kreider. Ball is an impressive runner, and will probably make the PS .. We'll see. No way would I keep Ball over Leonard .. it's an apples vs oranges comparison ...

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    Brian Leonard isn't just a running back. He isn't even in competition with Ball. If anything we should cut Richard Owens and replace him with Kreider. Ball is an impressive runner, and will probably make the PS .. We'll see. No way would I keep Ball over Leonard .. it's an apples vs oranges comparison ...
    Seriously, anybody who thinks Leonard should be cut is loopy ...

This guy has serious talent, and Ball is not even in his league, PERIOD. Whoever said it, please explain how Ball, an undrafted one dimensional power runner, has more upside than Leonard? That's a joke ...

Leonard can run it, catch it, block, and play special teams ...

GAH, can't believe I am reading this ...

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Eldfan,

some on your cut list are just not gonna happen..nor should they..Youd cut Berlin & Bruce so whose gonna be the third QB then?

Roy Schuening is gonna stay for atleast 2 years..the guy is a beast and didnt miss a game in College dispite having re-occuring pneumonia in his final year,we need all the talented and durable linemen we can get!

Drew Bennet would have to kill someone (be it human or canine) to get cut,purely due to his big money contract.

jkramsfan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Seriously, anybody who thinks Leonard should be cut is loopy ...

This guy has serious talent, and Ball is not even in his league, PERIOD. Whoever said it, please explain how Ball, an undrafted one dimensional power runner, has more upside than Leonard? That's a joke ...

Leonard can run it, catch it, block, and play special teams ...

GAH, can't believe I am reading this ...
    I don't think there really is a spot for him, this does not make me loopy,since you think so highly of him could you be a relative or maybe a Rutgers alum ? good player,good guy but serious talent could be a bit of a stretch and if that is true he really needs to bring it and bring it soon.

eldfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    Eldfan,

some on your cut list are just not gonna happen..nor should they..Youd cut Berlin & Bruce so whose gonna be the third QB then?

Roy Schuening is gonna stay for atleast 2 years..the guy is a beast and didnt miss a game in College dispite having re-occuring pneumonia in his final year,we need all the talented and durable linemen we can get!

Drew Bennet would have to kill someone (be it human or canine) to get cut,purely due to his big money contract.
    Sorry I guss I could have been a little more clear. That list is not who I think will be cut. Just some of those might be gone. I know Bennett is not going anywhere but I would like to see him take a step back if he don't step it up.
    :ramlogo:

eric2810 is offline Registered User

I really want to see Lance Ball stay. He's showed he can run the ball hard, but he hasn't leaped Minor as the third back. Ball made a nice play on special teams against the Ravens, so maybe he can find a spot there. Between Bruce and Berlin, its a toss up who deserves to stay.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by eric2810 View Post
    I really want to see Lance Ball stay. He's showed he can run the ball hard, but he hasn't leaped Minor as the third back. Ball made a nice play on special teams against the Ravens, so maybe he can find a spot there. Between Bruce and Berlin, its a toss up who deserves to stay.
    While Minor is a solid third back, I think Ball will get the nod ...

Not even close on Brock and Bruce. Brock takes that hands down ...

moloch41 Guest

Don't you usually cut players and then if they clear waivers, you can add them to the practice squad (8, I think)? I think Ball gets cut either way. Berlin has to have won the 3rd QB position- if he doesn't- then the people making the decisions haven't been watching the games.

While I expected more of Leonard, you can't cut him just yet. He's a servicable player, but he's probably not going to see the pro-bowl. It's not his fault the Rams took him so high. If he had been taken with a 5th, 6th, or 7th, I don't think anyone would be calling for his head.

As for Bennett- come on guys- he's ours whether he plays or not. The Rams are not going to cut him. If they do, I will be shocked. I actually think they're going to force him into that #2 position whether he sucks or not. They're trying to save face and will do so until it's no longer possible.

moloch41 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    While Minor is a solid third back, I think Ball will get the nod ...
    I don't think so for three reasons

1.) He's a line-a-buddy from Miami

2.) Linehan is trying to save his job- he's going to want to get as many veterans as he can get.

3.) He's actually had a pretty solid preseason

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast