Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By AvengerRam

Thread: CVC: How To Keep The Rams In St. Louis

RamBill is offline Registered User

CVC: How To Keep The Rams In St. Louis

(KPLR)– In her first interview since the city’s proposed improvements on the Edward Jones Dome were rejected, the head of the Convention and Visitor’s Commission is speaking out.

The Convention and Visitor’s Commission runs the dome. And CVC boss Kitty Ratcliffe echoes what we heard Monday from Mayor Francis Slay and from Jim Shrewsbury, the head of the Regional Sports Authority. All say one of the biggest obstacles to keeping the NFL in St. Louis is the silence of the Rams.

Rams owner Stan Kroenke, one of the 400 richest people on earth, has refused to take any part in any of the talks about the Rams future in St. Louis.

“There really hasn’t been a negotiation at all. So negotiation isn’t the right word,” stated Ratcliffe. “In order to have a negotiation, two sides have to want to come to some reasonable conclusion. And that’s not the process that we undertook.”

Watch Rams Stadium Update

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Re: CVC: How To Keep The Rams In St. Louis

Quote Originally Posted by RamBill View Post
    Rams owner Stan Kroenke, one of the 400 richest people on earth, has refused to take any part in any of the talks about the Rams future in St. Louis.
    This is where St. Louie folks start worrying... I wonder if there any way the Rams could come to LA any sooner than 2015
    Last edited by LA Rammer; -02-13-2013 at 03:16 PM.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

“There really hasn’t been a negotiation at all. So negotiation isn’t the right word,” stated Ratcliffe. “In order to have a negotiation, two sides have to want to come to some reasonable conclusion.
    Wrong. In order to have a negotiation, both sides must have some degree of leverage or bargaining power. In this case, Kroenke holds all the cards, so there's no point in him negotiating. Rather, he should simply allow each potential stadium group make him an offer, and then choose the best one.
    THOLTFAN81, DE_Ramfan and ZiaRam like this.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

I hate to say it but more and more it seems our beloved Rams are going to be playing in LA

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

The people handling this are no longer on the CVC (thank god, judging from the above). The CVC no longer matters and never really cared to begin with.

It is now in the hands of the governor and some people with actual power and desire to keep the team here, rather than people who sit on a board because it makes them look good.
    "I've been saving the Universe for over a thousand years. I figure it owes me just this once."

Truck is offline Registered User

I don't think hes heading to LA. Kroenke owns all his other stadiums, I'm willing to bet he's looking to cash in on the next one the Rams play in also. And you know he's a ***** for real estate.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

“There really hasn’t been a negotiation at all. So negotiation isn’t the right word,” stated Ratcliffe. “In order to have a negotiation, two sides have to want to come to some reasonable conclusion. And that’s not the process that we undertook.”

Watch Rams Stadium Update
    Comon lady. Quit thinking so emotionally and more logically. Stans holding Pocket Aces and your holding 7/2, do you expect him to just check it down or fold?