Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Don't Look Now, but Someone in Trouble

Sheesh, what an awful thing to happen. You rarely hear about Rams players being arrested or anything like that. Thats one thing I've always liked about the Rams, and here we are looking at one of our draft picks (Who I did like.) practically murdering someone.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    Sheesh, what an awful thing to happen. You rarely hear about Rams players being arrested or anything like that. Thats one thing I've always liked about the Rams, and here we are looking at one of our draft picks (Who I did like.) practically murdering someone.
    Practically mudering someone?????? That's a huge stretch.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Practically mudering someone?????? That's a huge stretch.
    Stabbing someone in the face with something equivalent to a knife, and you don't consider the possibility of the person dying? Especially if Byrd missed the face and went right for the brain :x

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

Stabbing someone in the face with something equivalent to a knife, and you don't consider the possibility of the person dying? Especially if Byrd missed the face and went right for the brain :x
    Have you not read my posts? He didn't stab anybody in the face, he hit somebody over the head with a beer bottle. There's a huge difference in that, I've personally seen many people hit in the head with a beer bottle and not even be injured.

There is always a possiblity of death, but you are reaching calling it "practically murdering" someone. If the guy ended up in ICU almost dying then yes he was practically murdered, if he just has some cuts and needed stitches it's hardly "practically murdering" someone.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

How do you miss his face but go for the brain when smashing a beer bottle over a person's head? While this is in no way small potatoes, I think you're exaggerating the severity of the attack a bit.

Either way, I have a feeling someone's going to be cut pretty soon. This isn't the kind of behavior a successful team should be tolerating, especially after Bulger's outburst about character and desire.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Three
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    How do you miss his face but go for the brain when smashing a beer bottle over a person's head? While this is in no way small potatoes, I think you're exaggerating the severity of the attack a bit.

Either way, I have a feeling someone's going to be cut pretty soon. This isn't the kind of behavior a successful team should be tolerating, especially after Bulger's outburst about character and desire.
    Well, beer bottle...assuming he's drunk, ya never know; he could've got him in the head lol. I'm just saying, I'm not trying to say what he did or didn't do. And, all I read btw was him stabbing someone in the face. Thats all I saw pretty much...My bad guys

Update, It wasn't a beer bottle at all, but a glass. From ESPN.COM

ST. LOUIS -- Rams rookie tight end Dominique Byrd was charged Monday with allegedly hitting a bar patron in the face with a drinking glass.

Police said Byrd was expected to surrender later in the day.

A 30-year-old man was treated for cuts to the face after allegedly being struck by Byrd, police spokeswoman Schron Jackson said. Byrd was cut on his right hand but declined treatment, she said.

Byrd was charged with second- and third-degree assault and armed criminal action. His bond was set at $25,000, said chief warrant officer Jeannette Graviss with the St. Louis Circuit Attorney's office.

The 22-year-old Byrd played for Southern California last season.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Was it half-empty?

chiguy is online now Registered User

I think arguing over whether he stabbed someone or hit them with a blunt instrument is the message board equivalent of arguing whether its six or half a dozen. You're splitting hairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Either way, I have a feeling someone's going to be cut pretty soon.
    After seeing what happened to Hargrove and the end result being Hargrove traded, I have to agree that Byrd is gone.

I think we would be better served trying to trade him before flat out cutting him. I think a team or two might cough up a low round draft pick for him. We might as well try and get something for him.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Byrd arrested

Rams' Player Arrested In Fight At St. Louis Nightclub
    created: 12/4/2006 10:00:39 AM
    updated: 12/4/2006 10:12:44 AM

Dominique Byrd

By Randy Jackson

KSDK - A St. Louis Rams player has been arrested after allegedly stabbing a bar patron in a fight at a popular downtown nightclub.

St. Louis police confirm the incident occurred at about 2 a.m. Monday, about 11 hours after the Rams' loss to the Arizona Cardinals Sunday afternoon.

According to police, 22-year-old Dominique Byrd, a tight end, was involved in an altercation at the Pepper Lounge Night Club in the 2000 block of Locust Street.

Witnesses say Byrd broke a bottle and then stabbed a patron in the face during the argument.

Police arrested the 6'2'', 254-pound pro football player and took him into custody.

Charges were expected later Monday.

Byrd has been on the inactive list most of this season. He was the team's 3rd round draft pick out of U.S.C.

Security officials with the Rams organization had no comment about the incident or arrest and said they did not know if they would comment later.

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    I think arguing over whether he stabbed someone or hit them with a blunt instrument is the message board equivalent of arguing whether its six or half a dozen. You're splitting hairs.
    IMO it's a huge difference between stabbing somebody in the face, which would probably get you prison time, and hitting somebody over the head with a glass, which would get you a slap on the wrist.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Re: Byrd arrested

Rams player in clash at bar, police say

BY BILL BRYAN
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    12/04/2006

St. Louis police were applying Monday with the circuit attorney's office for an assault charge against a Rams player, Dominique Byrd, following an early-morning scuffle in the Pepper Lounge at 2005 Locust Street, authorities said.

About 2:30 a.m. Monday, Byrd allegedly grabbed a woman's buttocks and a man who was nearby confronted Byrd, police said.

Byrd grabbed a beer bottle and struck the man in the head; the bottle broke and the man was taken to a hospital and needed stitches to close the wound, police said.

Byrd was not arrested and booked. Rather, police decided to first apply for a criminal charge.

Byrd, 22, is a rookie tight end for the Rams. He played last year for Southern Calfiornia.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    I think we would be better served trying to trade him before flat out cutting him. I think a team or two might cough up a low round draft pick for him. We might as well try and get something for him.
    Maybe before this incident, but I can't imagine he has any kind of market value for a trade right now.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Three
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast