Curly Horns is offline Registered User

D-Lew attempts to punch saints lights out...

I see that there are already several threads on this subject, but I wanted to write my own.

I know everyone thinks it was a no class move and yada, yada, yada.

Should he have done that? Of course not.

Was it really that bad considering what goes on in the NFL? Not in my opinion.

The worst thing about the play was the fact that he got caught.

This kind of thing and worse goes on all the time both on and off the field. I'm not trying to justify it, simply stating it happens all the time.

Longtime St. Louis football fans should not be that shocked. They had Conrad Dobler in a cardinals uniform for years. Conrad was well known as one of the dirtiest players in the NFL. The guy even wrote a book to boast about it.

Class does not truly exist in a game with thugs who are constantly mocking each other. The majority of these players do little dances whenever they are successful on a single play for doing what they get paid handsomely for. This is class and or sportsmanship? I think not.

Looking for all out class in the world of the NFL is just setting yourself up for disappointment in my opinion.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: D-Lew attempts to punch saints lights out...

I totally agree ferter. C'mon, most of the fans here would rather have a fun bunch mentality if the Rams were winning.

Class in the NFL? Riiiigggghhhhtttt.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

This surprises me coming from you Tx. That is one of the most classless things I have seen in football. Say what you want but I will never have respect for that man, I mean child ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    I totally agree ferter. C'mon, most of the fans here would rather have a fun bunch mentality if the Rams were winning.

Class in the NFL? Riiiigggghhhhtttt.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Oh believe me, I didn't respect him prior to that. I'm just saying MOST of the class, NOT ALL, has been absent from the NFL.

general counsel is online now Registered User

There is dirty, and there is dirty. This was over the line. To me, i hear you that this is not a gentlemens game that plays by the marquis of queensberry rules, but this is one of the reasons i love isaac bruce, he does it and has done it at the highest level year after year without that kind of crap. Pushing and shoving is one thing, a full swing to the groinal region is a bit below the line, literally and figuratively.

Good point on conrad dobler. I dont want romanowski on the rams either.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Watch the punch guys! It wasn't were you think it was ! It was in the belly! After the Olineman pushed his head down!

Some of these guys say things about other players mothers,friends,family,spit in their faces need i go on? Hey if DLew had done something worse i'd be the first to get all over him but,the Saints OL needs to go to Hollywood and get a job on acting!...........I'm not codoning this type of play but, i really didn't think it was as bad as the OL made it seem! Watch the tape it wasn't in the groin area but, came real close!.......Fine him and make him give a public apology would be my extent of punishment!

general counsel is online now Registered User

It certainly appeared from the initial replay to be aimed at and connected with the "low hanging fruit" but if it was directed at and connected with the stomach i stand corrected. I will say this, the flag was thrown when the punch was thrown, the saints guy did not have to go down on the turf writhing in pain to get the flag so i dont see why he would be acting.

Punch in the nuts or not, lewis will not be back next year and appears to be a bust of a #12 pick.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

The acting part was just to draw the flagIMPO but, like you said it was totally uncalled for! He's still a kid really but,it doesn't make it right! Anyone that has played and had a player push down hard on the back of your head or neck know that it in it's self is aweful painful! Dlew just retalliated in the wrong manner!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter
    I see that there are already several threads on this subject, but I wanted to write my own.

I know everyone thinks it was a no class move and yada, yada, yada.

Should he have done that? Of course not.

Was it really that bad considering what goes on in the NFL? Not in my opinion.

The worst thing about the play was the fact that he got caught.

This kind of thing and worse goes on all the time both on and off the field. I'm not trying to justify it, simply stating it happens all the time.

Longtime St. Louis football fans should not be that shocked. They had Conrad Dobler in a cardinals uniform for years. Conrad was well known as one of the dirtiest players in the NFL. The guy even wrote a book to boast about it.

Class does not truly exist in a game with thugs who are constantly mocking each other. The majority of these players do little dances whenever they are successful on a single play for doing what they get paid handsomely for. This is class and or sportsmanship? I think not.

Looking for all out class in the world of the NFL is just setting yourself up for disappointment in my opinion.

Sorry FERTER!.......guess i didnt read all of your post!................I agree with you