Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    thoey is offline Registered User

DA "dragging that leg" ???

From Football Guys:

Source: Tony Softli - ESPN 101

Tony Softli, from 101ESPN.com, reports that in recent players only workouts Rams WR Danario Alexander is 'dragging that leg.' The leg Softli is referring to is Alexander's five-times surgically repaired left knee. 'It scares me.' Softli said when talking about the leg.

OUR VIEW

This is the first time since his sophomore year in college that Alexander is going through an offseason without rehabbing a knee injury. He's reportedly looked good running in private workouts but seems to be favoring the leg a bit. Alexander is a tall target with great speed and proved last year that he could be a downfield target and get on top of the defense in a hurry.

This space for rent...

Ramendola16 is offline Registered User

Re: DA "dragging that leg" ???

Let's hope this is simple overreaction on the part of the observers. We need Danario healthy to maximize our offensive firepower this year.

DA84 is offline Registered User

I trust Bradford being excited over DX in practice over Softli's opinions. Either way time will tell if and when camp or football in general starts up again.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I don't know if this particular report is accurate or not, but... is it me or does Tony Softli rarely have anything positive to say about the Rams?

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

After five surgeries to his knee I think a little dragging of the leg is the least of his problems. What does Softli expect.? Talk about pessimistic.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Bah! That's just DX's style, just like Rams great Elroy 'Crazylegs' Hirsch had his funny way of running.

---

Seriously, I'm hopping DX will be strong and healthy, especially at those knees.

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Sure seems that way lately, doesn't it?

Perhaps some of his buddies recently got fired and he's sore about it

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

DX says he feels great, so I'm thinking this could just be a habit or a natual reflex from the injuries, and something he'll work his way through as he gets stronger and more confident.

Softi does seem to be accentuating the negative these days.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I don't know if this particular report is accurate or not, but... is it me or does Tony Softli rarely have anything positive to say about the Rams?
    Softli had numerous positive things to say in this interview, which was May 26th I believe.

He spoke very highly of how well the players were running the player-organized practices, was very impressed with Bradford's leadership and overall command of the offense, and talked about how much he loved the Kendricks pick and the kind of impact he'll have for the offense. He was very positive about how Donnie Avery's rehab is coming along and says he's changing direction and leaping very well.

The comments about DX came near the end of a nine minute segment where it was really the only true negative thing mentioned; he said Danario looked fairly good catching the ball but is still dragging the leg, which both scares and bothers him (Softli). He also said that it doesn't look like Danario changed his physique at all, as in it doesn't look like he's touched a weight during the offseason. DX had a year to get it right and he might just drag that knee b/c at this point it is what it is, but the physique shows DX hasn’t been in the weight room or training hard, Softli says he can tell just by looking at him out there.

Besides the DX comments though, the first segment ran about nine minutes and was very glowing of multiple players and McDaniels.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

I think this is probably one of those instances where a tiny bit of info or off-the-cuff radio blather expands to fill the vacuum created by the lockout. Still, you really have to be guzzling the DX kool-aid not to be concerned about his knee for the long term or to take a player's assessment of his own rehab as indisputably objective. I'm reminded of the Monty Python knight who gets a limb hacked off & calls it a flesh wound.

Softli also DID write pretty encouraging reviews of the rooks in his Camp St Louis piece so I don't think this niblet is proof positive that he's an embittered Ram basher.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    I'm reminded of the Monty Python knight who gets a limb hacked off & calls it a flesh wound.
    NONE shall pass!!!

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

Eh. After 5 surgeries on one knee, OF COURSE he's dragging that leg. I would like to think it's just him being overly protective ... or maybe after years of trauma to that knee it's subconscious and he doesn't even realize he's doing it. Either way, imagine what he could do if (when) it becomes 100%. i've read NOTHING negative about his leg all summer. Thanks for your optimism Tony ....
    If a team won their division seven straight times, that would be a NFL record. Now add on that team did it with seven different QB's in seven straight years,that record is unbeatable. To do that feat, you must of had a great Defense. Jack Youngblood was the captain of that defense.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    NONE shall pass!!!
    LOL.......what are you going to do? Bleed on me?

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

I listened to the audio of DX on 101 ESPN and got the impression he was working out and thought he was in a good frame of mind. He exuded a lot confidence in the interview about three weeks ago.
    If this is the case it might be a blessing in disguise, giving the knee as much time as possible to strengthen before the grind of the season starts, or maybe not.?

thoey is offline Registered User

Love the Black Knight references. Unfortunately, I am sure some of our younger fellow fans might not follow. Unless... Someone was to attach the video:

This space for rent...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast